[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Dranwil - Frost Mage

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Dranwil - Frost Mage
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:45 pm  

Hey Luckers!

After my first application was declined i started working harder on myself to prove you, i´m not as bad as my first application looks like. I hope i´ll make this one better than the previous one and you´ll like it more because iam not good in writing this stuff.

My name is Martin, i´m from Czech republic and i´m 18 years old student of private IT high school. I´m spending
like 8 hours/day ( some times like 14/day ^^) and i´m wow veteran ( playing since end of vanilla, but i was just kid so i was spending most time with playing arround while leveling, my PvE carrer started on Wotlk where i was farming LK 25 hc). I´m applying to your guild cause i want to progress Mythic and be part of a good working team.

Character name: Dranwil

Character class: Mage

Professions: Tailoring and Enchanting

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Playing Frost in Pve and also in PvP to maximalizate my skill with this spec. My gear level is 660il atm but it´s slowly improving.

Class Info: I do really like to play Mage, mainly frost mage, because of high Survivability, Great opening and stabled dps, high movement and juke ability while in encounters. Stat priority : Intelect > Multistrike > Crit > Versability > Haste = Mastery Rotation: Opening : (DBM pull 10) Mirror images at 5, Prepot at 4, casting frostbolt at 2, placing crystal, bomb on it , icy veins after the bomb pulling out the orb and spamming lances, when no proc of FoF casting some frostbolts to get atleast Brain freeze proc + giving time to orb get me some FoF stacks for my opening. Rotation while in fight: Casting frostbolts to get procs of Brain freeze, FoF and to get icicles, casting lance with proc of FoF and with atleast 3-5 icicles, ( when Brain freeze and FoF proc iam rather using brain freeze first cause FrostFire bolt gives me 2 stacks on icicles instead of 1 from frostbolt), Crystal on ground only with orb, using Crystal + orb, after it just an orb and after crystal and orb ( cooldown is pretty fine for that). Pot in the fight using when having alot of CDs ready and procs or when it´s needed like at the butcher. Refreshing Bomb on target when it´s running out.

Raid experience: 7/7 normal, 6/7 heroic (12% best pull at HC imp, raiding only with the pugs atm so it´s quite tough). My memorable moment is 5 days, 6-7 hours/day progressing of LK 25 hc. This time was completly worth because it was the best feel when we downed him. About my favorite bosses, i really loved whole cataclysm, wotlk but in my opinion best encounter was the deathwing. Really enjoyed that one.

Guild history: When i started to play on Thunderhorn, my first guild was Chrocht where i was raiding with few peeps from GONE who learned me stuff about raiding in MoP. After few month in Chrocht guild i moved to the Fantasy ( mainly becouse Chrocht is alt guild of WoW GONE guild so there was low activity) Where i was Rl of R5 for a while but i left that one too (Really tons of people, almost noone had chance to raid, egocentric peeps). After fantasy i moved into the Carpe diem guild where i was "working" as the officer and Raid leader. When peeps from Carpe decided to move into the ProALKOHOLICI i decided to make my own guild with friends from carpe who didn´t want to join ProALKOHOLICI guild. So now i´m GuM of OverWatch Shadows where i´m trying to equip our new recruits in normal raids ( with my tank druid, my mage has no use atm :/).

Your recent performances: I have found my name on this site, dont really know how it works but here you go

When can you play: I´m online every day for atleast 6-8 hours so i do not have any problems with any times. With times you have in the template i´m just fine.

Where are you from: Czech Republic

Age: 18, my parents aren´t engaging my gaming so it´s fine.

Communication: I do own microphone and have Mumble, TeamSpeak and Curse Voice atm but i do not have any problem to download whatever you´ll need for raiding.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I do want to be part of the guild with experienced players and really want to be part of the well doing team

UI and keybinds: There´s the screen of my UI in raids, i just logged normal where i didnt use prepot or anything special, just logged to make you a screen of my UI so dont judge my DPS or anything else please

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_122014_141326.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122014_141326.jpg [ 475.38 KiB | Viewed 10973 times ]

Post subject: Re: Dranwil - Frost Mage
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:36 pm  

Hello!

With your talent choices, I would recommend taking Ice Nova over Frost Bomb on single target fights. When there is 2 targets + Frost Bomb will be better than ice nova but having the 2 ice novas onto your crystal when you place it down is a big dps increase.

You dont need to be pre potting and pre casting mirror images so early. I use image on 3 and prepot + frostbolt on 2.

I personally like to always have 1 FoF proc spare incase small movement is coming up or if I have a trinket coming.

Do you have any experience with arcane/fire? If so have you raided with them at all?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:57 pm  

Hey and thanks for reply!

To be honest i mostly prefer Fire spec in PvE than frost but i need to colect alot of good crit stuff. So yes, i do have experiences with fire and i´m able to raid with them ( with fire later when wielding better gear and as arcane i jsut need to master rotation because to be honest i´m not so good as arcane yet, just tried it on 5 man HCs in WoD). I was playing fire mage in cataclysm ( mainly becouse of alysrazor fight) so i learned how to play it. To be honest i played FrostFire at Wotlk, Fire at Cataclysm and Frost mainly PvP at MoP so i´ll need abit time to learn mechanicks of arcane but i think i´m quite fast learning kind of guy so it should work fine.

About this bomb, yep its true, i using nova on kargath, butcher and ko´ragh and sometimes on Imp ( really depends on thsi fight in my opinion). I just thought it doesn´t matter if i´ll have bomb on normal kargath when i´m just here for taking a screen of my UI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:45 pm  

http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=575

Detailed arcane mage guide that I used to learn how to play arcane at a high level. I would suggest reading that as arcane is the strongest spec for a lot of the fights in highmaul at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:59 am  

Thanks, from today to tuesday i´m working as the driver so i dont have much time for wow and other stuff but i´ll learn that stuff after my job is done. Thank you very much for that link

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]