[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Eshinshadow - Shadow Priest

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Eshinshadow - Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:19 pm  

Site Admin

Hmmmh. From my experience that simply cannot work well enough. The problem is that looking at the corner of your screen, where the buffs/debuffs are, DISTRACTS you from looking at the middle. The purpose of keeping the middle of the screen empty is thus defeated. Even finding the procs or other buffs in the list of other buffs you already have up is more difficult, let alone tracking their duration and uptime overlap. You're just making this harder for yourself for absolutely no benefit. It might work in 5-mans/normals/LFR, but in Mythic there's often quite a lot of things going on at the same time and trying to keep up with all of them just by using the default buff/debuff frames will almost certainly result in suboptimal performance.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:16 pm  

Well, that's what's working for me, I can play this way. Back in a day I've tested many different UI mods, layouts etc. -did not worked for me, I'm comfortable with regular UI. This is theory vs practice situation, when in theory I could organize my UI using best ergonomic guidelines, math calculated sizes, additional keys binded to pedals from racing steering wheel set. And practice is that this is a game that i should enjoy to play and do it as I see fit. And if something worked out for me for long years, on multiple raids, it will work on current and future ones. On raids groups do not wipe over and over because people do not have 100% knowledge of all current buffs and specific info on each end every mechanic, they do because people stood in fire for too long. And they succeed not because overall DPS was 0,03% higher due to hyper-optimized system of buff and bonus notifications. We are not robots, and such solutions are for robots.
I am human, deal with it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:20 pm  

Please. Track your trinkets using weakauras (preferably as they can be used to track raid mechanics). Trinket procs are great to track to know when to use offensive cd's to increase your damage by a large amount. Please track your procs there is no reason not to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:19 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:12 pm  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:38 pm  

Site Admin

I think you got it the wrong way around, you fix your build, rotation, addons and everything else, then we consider you for raiding. We're not here to give you any gifts.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:13 pm  

Site Admin

Also, it seems like I've missed this application for now, so here are few points I've noticed and that I believe noone mentioned before me:

1) From your screenshot, I take it you click some of your spells, including stuff like Healthstone and Halo?
2) Even if you play non-dotweave spec (which I actually don't see any reason to, it's proven to be suboptimal), wouldn't it still be worth it to DoT secondary targets that live for full duration? Like on Brackenspore?

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:30 pm  

Sorry but the log you gave I dont know how to look through it lol, so can you just give me a rundown of how you would handle each boss, except kargath and butcher.

Include things like:
prio targets
what targets do you apply dots to and which do you not
talents/glyphs(if any) changes for each boss
when to use your HALO on each boss and when to save it

Abyss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:03 pm  

Officer

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2