No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Warlock Application
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:18 pm  

Character name: Sammyslider
Character class: Warlock

Professions: Engineering and Tailoring

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I'm playing Destro with Demo offspec at the moment. But I am much more comfortable with Destro, as I am still learning the ins and outs of Demo. I am fine about switching out my specs though. The way the sims are looking, Affliction and Demo are going to overtake Destro by a fair amount. I am currently ilevel 645 (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... r/advanced)

Class Info: The main thing I enjoy about my class is the amazing survivability offered by talents like Sacrificial Pact and Dark regeneration combined with a glyphed Healthstone provides some insane healing. The flexability of Unending resolve when combined with glyphs is also great. My ability Priority would go like:
1. Cast Chaos Bolt with 3 or more burning embers and trinkets/cooldowns are up/ cast shadowburn on a mob that is about to die or is able to let me havoc cleave the boss with shadowburn.
2. Apply Immolate
3. Cast Conflagrate if it has 2 charges
4. Cast Chaos Bolt with 3 or more burning embers and no cooldowns/trinkets up.
5. Cast Conflagrate with 1 charge (could be saved for movement on some fights)
6. Cast Incinerate as a filler
When opening I will prepot and precast incinerate at 2, then apply Immolate, followed by double casting Conflagrate (Will generally cast Dark Soul now), then cast incinerate 4 times to drop back draft charged to 2. Then I will have around 2 burning embers and will cast 2 chaos bolts. Then move into a standard priority, making sure to line my trinket and Dark Soul cooldowns up. Stat Priority I am using is Int>Crit>Mastery>Multistrike>Haste>Versatility.

Raid experience: My first raid experience was back in Wrath with a 10man group, but we were all new to the game and fairly bad. We made it to around Professor Putricide. My real raiding started in Mop, with another 10man guild, we cleared flex/normal in around a month and a half. We then started heroic about a month before 6.0 dropped, we cleared 8/14 before the patch hit and we decided to call it. In WoD I have been raiding casually so far and cleared 6/7 normal and 1/7 heroic. Favorite boss would have to be 25man heroic Lich King, even though I didn't clear it when it was current. The fight is fantastic. from story to mechanics, even the boss room looks great.
Guild history: In MoP I raided with a guild called Combined, we started pretty late into the expansion but our progress was decent. But as we were a small guild we had to merge with GreatHorde to form a mythic team. That ended up not working out and most of the players from Combined left for other guilds. I ended up in Banana Revolution, and we raided highmaul fairly casually, just 2 nights a week. I felt this really wasn't enough for me and I would like to see some better progress. I am still in the guild, but do not hold a raid spot.
Your recent performances: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... t=1&boss=0 This was done in around 638-641 ilevel if I remember correctly and I have no idea what happened on Twin Ogron, must have died early on. Have much more in-depth logs for normal than heroic, not sure which the link takes you to.

When can you play: Any day apart from Friday/Saturday

I will usually be online between 3pm and 11pm most days

Where are you from: Scotland!

Communication: Full headset and glad to be using Teamspeak over mumble!

About you: Currently in my last year of school, getting ready to go into University next year to study Electrical Engineering. Love playing WoW. Pretty into music (listening though, not very gifted when it comes to playing)
Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I'm looking for a guild to raid mythic content with, preferably clearing all mythic content as it is current.

UI and keybinds: Use 1,2,3,4,f,g,x for main rotation abilities and then those with shift and control modifiers for defensive cooldowns and utility abilities. Image

Post subject: Re: Warlock Application
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:33 am  

Site Admin

Hello there, and thanks for applying! ;)

I have just a few questions.

What do you think about Rain of Fire and the recent change to it?
Are there any fights in Highmaul (Heroic or Mythic) where you would use Cataclysm or Charred Remains for Destro instead of Demonic Servitude?
What do you think is the best use of Havoc on Highmaul bosses (please list all bosses you would use it on and how)?

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:48 pm  

I think the nerf to rain of fire has crippled Destro's ability to sustain fire and brimstone, due to the lack of ember generation. It has also nerfed Destro indirectly in movement by making Rain of Fire do pitiful damage, as it is one of a few abilities we can cast while moving. But so far I am definitely feeling the lack of Ember generation on fights with more than one thing to hit.

The fights that cataclysm would be taken should really be played as Demo, the fights being Tectus and Twin Ogron(provided the guild uses the stacking of the bosses method). But with Demo, cataclysm would be taken over Demonbolt. But as I said above, my demo play is still quite shaky, but close to my destro dps.

I will use havoc on any add I see, provided it is meant to take damage, but if the add is not going to be up longer than 20 seconds I will save havoc until the mod is under 20% and cast havoc on the boss, then cleave with shadowburn as many times as possible. But if the add will live longer than 20 seconds I will just cast havoc and use three incinerates to speed my Ember Generation up considerably.

For Heroic bosses I would use it on:
Bracken spore, to cleave the spore shooters down and the fungal flesh eaters.
Tectus, to cleave the Night Twisted Earthwarper and the other parts of Tectus throughout the fight.
Twin Ogron, I would be using Havoc on cooldown to get maximum Ember Generation
Ko'ragh, I would generally cast havoc on the boss during Vunribility, and pick off the adds ready to be killed under 20% with shadowburn.
Imperator, I will use Havoc to cleave the Arcane Aberration in all phases. I will use it in the first intermission phase to cleave the two Gorian Warmages. In the second intermission phase I will cast havoc on a Gorian Warmage and then start attacking the Gorian Reaver until it is dead. Then cleave between the two Gorian Warmages.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:04 pm  

Site Admin

Thanks for answering my questions, I agree with you on pretty much all points ;).
Remember that you can (and should) pre-cast Havoc when you expect an add to spawn, with the short cooldown it will probably allow you to squeeze one more in.

I think we can accept you on trial status for our mythic group; you can poke us in-game for an invite.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]