[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Hatzul - Marksman Hunter

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Hatzul - Marksman Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:11 am  

Character name : Hatzul

Character class : Hunter

Professions : Leatherworking and Skinning

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... zul/simple
I mainly play as a marksman hunter. Currently I am at ilvl 653, looking to improve my gear more, but luck is not on my side with those rolls :)
I can handle playing a different spec than marksman, though i do not dislike the other specs, I personally believe that Marksman is the most efficient way to pump out DPS, but if a situation calls for a spec change I am more than willing to change.

Class Info: I started playing the game during WoTLK and played several classes, but I have mostly enjoyed my time playing the hunter, simply because of its utility and mobility. I've read people saying that hunters are the easiest to play, while to some degree I agree to that statement, but that where lies the problem. People playing hunters have that mindset of having an easy class to play, which cause some players to become complacent and in turn making mistakes which can lead to wipes, which other players have become accustomed to and giving hunter players the label "Huntards" which seems unfair to those good hunter players.
As a hunter managing focus energy is vital as it determines your efficieny to DPS in a certain scenario, knowing when to start casting a high energy skill such as 'Aimed Shot' and still be able to throw out a Chimera shot right after it, without having to do a 'Steady Shot' is key. My stat priority is Multistrike > Crit while the other stats hold benefits, I always prioritize Multistrike and crit.

Raid Experience: Since I played in WoTLK, 25man Lich king would be the most current boss at the time that we killed. The most memorable moments, that I had while playing, was during WoTLK, I played in the US servers at the time, because I lived in Canada, but having moved to the U.K I had to endure the late schedules of the raids. Normally raids would start at around 7pm server time in the US, but it would be around 2am here in the U.K, sometimes the raid would finish at 5-6am, well worth it in my opinion as, i loved the content in WoTLK and to this day it is my favourite expansion, not because it was perfect or anything, it had many flaws, but simply because of the sacrifice and such. My favourite boss would have to be hardmode Mimmiron back in ulduar, It had so much crazy stuff in it, and simple mistakes lead to deaths and such, unfortunately I personally did not kill Mimmiron on hardmode, but the countless attempts at it, makes it my favourite encounter.

Guild History: After WoTLK, i played a bit of catalysm and then MoP in the US servers, but I didnt fully enjoy them because i couldnt find a guild that suited my raid times, because of the massive time difference, the guild that I raided with in WoTLK, went their separate ways and joined the bigger guilds in hopes of clearing higher content in the expansions. When WoD released that is the time I returned to WoW, the only guild i have ever been in ever since playing WoD, is a guild called 'Atomic Lizards', It was one of those guilds that sent out massive invites and such, no one talked in chat, no raids or anything, I just simply stayed to get rep to be able to buy heirloom pieces for future characters.

Your recent performances: I don't have any logs atm to upload to the client, I'm sorry I didn't know about these kinds of things, after being gone for awhile

When can you play: I can play Monday and Tuesday for the Heroic group, I am not yet geared enough to do heroics, and the raid times for these days fit my schedule perfectly, as I only have class from 9am to 12.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays. I am usually online from 5pm or so on those days

Where are you from: Originally I am from the Philippines but grew up in Canada and the UK

Communication: No i do not own a microphone, but i use my mobile earphones as a mic. Being able to communicate in raids is a very essential key to success, although i am not a person that is very talkative, I am comfortable talking.

About You: I am a very adventurous person, I like to explore new things, I like to be always active. My main hobbies include music, I play the guitar and bass and my other main hobby that I love is basketball, I love it because it is a very fast paced game which really emphasizes on teamwork to succeed, I like it because it is an environment that is constantly changing which requires the team to be able to adjust and adapt.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Honestly I want to join, because I want to have the chance to see what the current content and future content this game has to offer in terms of raids and such, I want to be able to challenge different raid bosses, learn their mechanics and have the feeling of accomplishment when a boss is downed during a raid. I expect a friendly and easy going environment from the guild, a place where people help each other better themselves at the game.

UI and Keybinds: I try to keep my keybinds as simple and accessible as possible, it is not the best, but I find it to be best suited for my play style

Thanks for reading through this

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_010415_000906.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010415_000906.jpg [ 1.58 MiB | Viewed 14224 times ]

Post subject: Re: Hatzul - Marksman Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:27 am  

Hello and thanks for applying. I have a few questions for you.

Do you use weakaura or any other addon(s) to track procs, boss mechanics and/or cooldown usage?
What is your spell rotation/priority?
Is your deterrence, health stone/tonic and fox bound to anything? Your fox seems to be bound at a very awkward keybinding but is it maybe bound to an external source such as a razor naga mouse?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:49 am  

Hi

Yes, I use an addon that tracks my CD's etc, and for boss mechanics and such I have DBM

Where a boss is pulled, at 1 second, i pop a potion, then throw a glaive toss, this is how i always open on a boss encounter. After that I prioritize Chimera shot and Aimed shot. I use glaivetoss right after aimed shot, if there is still less than 1sec from chimera being ready or use glaivetoss after a chimera shot, it just depends which is up first. Kill Shot>Chimera shot > Aimed Shot is my main priority and steady shot to build up focus, I also prioritize aimed shot when thrill of the hunt procs

I also made a macro for cooldowns for the start of the fight, for Rapid fire, Berserking and Murder of crows. I usually hit this macro after shooting off my first chimera shot and always keeping crows on the target.

Yes my Deterrence, healthstone is bound to my G1 and G2 keys on my keyboard. and for aspect of the fox, i plan on putting that in a more accessible spot :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:02 am  

Site Admin

Hey, your neck and cloak don't seem to be enchanted, please fix that.

Where does Glaive Toss fit into your combat priority? What about your talents? When and why do you change them?

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with your application, still need someone to take a look at your app hunter-wise.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:14 am  

Hi, yeah I haven't gotten the chance to enchant my cloak, just got it a couple days ago, but that will be fixed asap, and as for my neck, I haven't bothered with it until now, because I was hoping to get 1 from raiding, but due to my awesome luck i still have not gotten one yet ^^

Glaive toss fits right at the bottom of my priority, I only use it as a sort of filler during my rotations, for example I have my weakauras set to inform me of Chimera shot being ready in 1sec, in that time, I assess my situation, whether I have enough focus or not, If i dont, i steady shot and if i have more than enough for a Glaive toss then straight into a Chimera I take that oppertunity

The only time I ever change my talents is for fights that require alot of AOE Damage, I switch out Glaive toss which is my primary talent in single target fights to Barrage when required for an encounter that evolves adds such as, tectus, brack, kograth. While barrage is good in many aspects such as to increase chances to proc Thrill of the hunt, i personally like glaive toss in mostly all senariors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:20 am  

Site Admin

I'm no hunter expert, but I believe that Glaive Toss is pretty high your combat priority, just looking at MMO-Champ thread which I'm being told is correct 99% of the time: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/156 ... nter-Guide

I also believe Barrage is always dps increase in any case where you hit more than 1 target.

Please hold on until I force a hunter to take a look at your app. ^^

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:27 am  

I am not an expert aswell, I always welcome positive criticisms which will help me improve my play style during raids and such. I'll read up on this link, thanks for providing it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:16 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, we've decided to get you in for our Heroic runs Hatzul. :) Please whisper me in-game (either Laotse or Cynique) so we can finish our talks.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]