[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Veiirande - Warlock

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Veiirande - Warlock
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:06 pm  

Character name: Veiirande

Class : Warlock

Professions : Tailoring and Engineering

Talents, gear, armory link : Currently I´m playing destruction. Right now I´m sitting at best ilvl for warlocks, 666. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced

Respecing : Well since I´m pure dps class I´m able to play all three spec. Right now I play destruction, but my favorite spec is demonology, I simply love this spec. Currently the reason I play destruction is that I got much more better stats for this spec then for affliction or demonology and I can soak more dps from it.

Class info: Destruction stats priority is right now:
1. Intellect
2. Critical Strike
3. Mastery
4. Multistrike
5. Haste
6. Versatility
Playing destruction is all about trinket or tier sets procs. When that happens, you want to start casting your chaos bolts and use your Dark Soul, if possible. Another dps increasing for destruction is via Havoc – cleave fights <3 Since the recent Havoc buffs, its even better, since the cooldown is only 20 sec.
Rotation is something like this:
1. Pre-pot
2. 3 sec before pull cast Incinerate
3. Immolate
4. 2x Conflagrate
5. Dark soul
6. Incinerate until 2x stacks of backdraft
7. Cast 2 Chaos bolts with procs
8. Below 20% boss hp using shadowburn – but since the shadowburn nerf it´s not really dps gain and with procs I rather cast chaos bolt even when boss is below 20% hp. This was even more issue at the start of Highmaul, where I had a little haste and my mana regeneration was so low so I rather casted chaos bolt to regain some mana to prevent out of mana situation. I expect shadowburn to be efficient again with better gear.

Caster dps is all about cast, cast and cast. Since Killjaden nerf when moving part comes and aspect of fox won´t be up I´m trying to save at least 1x conflagrate or using rain of fire, even if that spell is rather useless since last nerfs.

Raid experience : At the end of Cataclysm I boosted my warlock, since the old one was sitting at 61 lvl and I couldn´t lvl it because I hated that class. So I decided to use the boost for warlock and see if there is some hope for me to play that class. Soon I found out there is sea of hope for me and stopped playing everything else( I played mainly death knight and paladin before). In fact I really hate all ranged classes expect warlock. But somehow my warlock could survive this and I never stopped playing her.
And with my warlock my raid experience began.

Since end of Cataclysm I was mainly playing pvp and arenas with my retired healer friend. When I started play warlock at 80 lvl and I was lvling, my friend from arenas was in guild Fantasy so he invited me there. 2 weeks later they missed one dps for Dragon soul, so I helped them. I was happy about it so I was willing to give raiding a shot. It was kinda entertaining, so I actively started raiding with Fantasy. I joined them when they had 1 hc boss down, convinced my retired healer friend to raid aswell and then we managed to kill Deathwing on HC one week or two before MoP pre patch.

In MoP we had some argue about people who are raiding with us, so with some friends we decided to create our own guild The Banished. We cleared Mogushan Vaults, then we koled 2 first bosses in HoF and then, Garalon, our Nemesis showed up. Our melees we completely out of place, so we couldn´t kill it even after 100 wipes on normal and 1 man healing it. Long story short, we broke up and I was so dissapointed from this that I took a break from WoW and raiding. After I came back, I helped Fantasy again, when they missed some dps for hc ToT progress in summer holidays. I cleared normal, killed jin´rokh, ji-kun, tortos and iron qoon on HC.

Then 5.4. patch came up with SoO and I had no raiding spot. So I was thinking about making my own raiding group so I did. After long sorting of people and some full geared people retiring we managed to kill Garrosh on HC at the start of summer before 6.0. patch, even before main Fantasy group.
In WoD we had meeting on teamspeak about Fantasy raiding and we decided to raid alone. Some people from my raid group stayed with Fantasy main raid group.

After first raid guild master said we must leave guild, because we are not making good name for Fantasy and some people don´t like us and can´t use guild chat because of us. I never recieved real answer why we must leave.
So we went away and create SwagBusters( I did come up with that name and I´m PROUD OF IT, hi Zuiz) and we did some raids. Again, some people showed me, that with their behaviour I can´t do this anymore and I don´t want to do this anymore. So this is my raid and guild history when you asked. I wanted to do it shorter and I did, but it is still long, sorry for that.

Logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/93f8xnz5xpjs2pzt/ - These are the only logs I have at the moment. It´s from Imperator progress and I was taking care about DoT with our hunter.

When I can play : I´m fine with your raiding days, no problems here. I can´t tell you when I will be online expect raid days because I´m not farseer, but it´s kinda often.

Where are you from ? : I´m from Czech republic, heart of Europe ( not that guild )

Age : I´m currently sitting at 23 years old and I expect to be one year older this year again, sadly.

Communication : I´m perfectly fine with using TS3 since we used it for raids too and I got microphone.

About me: I´m 23 years old and I study economics at university. My name is Štěpán(Steven in english). In free time I´m with my
girlfriend, playing WoW, reading books(mainly Stephen King), watching movies and series ( Scrubs is best series ever made <3 ), going sometimes in pub with friends, just like any other.

Joining guild : I expect to find some new friends, fist time ever have good raiding experience and at least improve my english a little, hehe.

UI and keybinds – I have keybind on every spell I use. For raiding I use DBM, Skada and TellMeWhen, for trinket procs, debuffs from bosses and other buffs I need to track. Screenshot of my UI with procs tracking : http://i.imgur.com/ypyXe6H.jpg

This should be all, I´m deeply sorry for my english ,sometimes it hurts my eyes too, haha.

Post subject: Re: Veiirande - Warlock
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:27 pm  

Hey there :)
Thanks for the application, it was well written which is a nice change from most we receive :D
Not to sure on what warlocks are like atm so I will give our overlord guild master a poke to check that out ^^

Experience seems ok, we currently have a lack of warlocks so this will help your cause :)

I see you use TS which is good, how are you for communication, are you a vocal individual, can you take constructive criticism well etc?

I would not worry about Fantasy, I think I have upset at least three members from there so far :S

Anyhow I will prod others to take a look at this app and get them to reply :P

/yes from me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:09 pm  

Hello :)

In our raids I used to talk a lot, since I was a raid leader so I was calling stuff, telling people what to do etc.

This is little different since this day I used to raid in czech and talking only czech during raids, but I think I will adapt to english raiding soon enough. I´m taking any criticism whenever it´s about my performance or about doing some mechanics wrong etc., no problem here, I´m always open for a discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:08 pm  

HYPE. I don't think I should add anything because I'm a biased fuck.

ps love you <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 am  

Site Admin

Sorry, I can't stand the fact that your auras aren't aligned properly. T_T

I assume you play on laptop, correct? What about your talent and glyph choices? Where do you switch them and why?

Why don't you keybind your portal? It seems kinda crucial to have that available easily.

As said before, for lock things I'm awaiting arrival of our might warlock overlord Dagthul. /bow

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:27 am  

Well :)

Yes, I´m playing on laptop - I play on laptop about 5 years right now, I like it more then normal pc, it´s more flexible and I can play on different places (weird answer, I know)

I´m giving keybind to my portal on fights where I actually need it or on pvp, then I´m switching it back, because I´m not using it in normal pve situations. I´m usually switching it with my Unending resolve keybind, depends on fight.

My auras are not alignet properly on purpose, I used to have it more messy then now, I like it this way - don´t ask me why, it just seems right to me and I was lazy to making it all same shape and size..

About glyphs - it´s all revolves around major glyphs - I usually running with glyph of soulstone, so when I ress someone he got 100% hp and glyph of eternal resolve - so I got 10% passive dmg income reduction all the time. With soul link it´s best way to save some mana for healers. Another glyph choices depends on encounter - if I want to boost my selfhealing I´m replacing glyph of soulstone with glyph of healthstone/ember tap or glyph and glyph of siphon life.
And on fights where I need some big def CD I get rid of glyph of eternal resolve. At SoO, I was chaning glyph of eternal resolve with glyph of unending resolve, just for Thok, because I could free cast more often.

About talent choice
15 lvl - I still believe Soul leech is best option here, because the passive absorb prevents good amount of dmg.
30 lvl - Shadowfury / Mortal coil - depends on situation, when there is only boss and no needs for stun, I take Mortal coil for extra heal over Shadowfury, otherwise Shadowfury all the time.
45 lvl - Soul link usually - 20% dmg split between demon is just to good. Sacrifical Pact is avaible too, but with glyph of eternal resolve I like to choose Soul link.
60 lvl - Burning rush - best option for PvE so far.
75 lvl - For single target Grimoire of Supremacy, otherwise Grimoire of Sacrifice for AoE.
90 lvl - Archimonde´s Darkness - not really any better choice right now.
100 lvl - Demonic servitude for single target, Cataclysm for burst AoE, Charred Remains for sustained AoE situation.

I hope I covered it all and give you answers you wanted to see.

Who knows, some day I might fix my auras so they got same shape and are in line, but probably not. If that ever happens I promise I will send you screenshot right away :)

P.S. : I found only this screenshot right now, here you can see my portal got keybind, so I´m not making it up :P http://i.imgur.com/1mhkOFR.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:43 am  

Site Admin

Hello, fellow countryman, and thank you for applying! ;)

I was delighted to read your application, it is well-written and already contains the answers to almost all the questions I might have wanted to ask (mentioning the Shadowburn problem, movement-related issues, properly explaining glyph and talent choices, etc.). Thank you!

The only thing that bugs me is your UI, having to look at the corner for frames and resources (or do you have an ember/fury/shard tracker somewhere else? I can't see any in the screenshots) would probably kill me, not to mention stuff like the misaligned auras and overlapping icons, argh :)! I should probably keep my mouth shut though because I used to use pretty much exactly the same UI (just the default thing with X-perl) up until the first tier of Cata :P. So I guess it works for you as well.
I am also a bit surprised to see Ember Tap bound to E; I mean, usually people put important stuff on these easily accessible keybinds, but Ember Tap is almost worthless right now, isn't it? Also do you have a bind for Healthstone/Healing Tonic/ThatAbsorptionShieldThingy?
I'm also a bit sad that you don't use the portal "in normal pve situations" - I would say it's useful on pretty much all bosses in the current tier, except maybe Butcher. Sure, on some of them you would have to recast it pretty often to be able to use its full potential, which eats GCDs, but then it can actually save you more of those if you use it well and manage to save yourself some running. I just feel that the spell is often unfairly overlooked and that most warlocks are guilty of that.

One more thing I wanted to ask - which specs would you pick to play on individual Highmaul bosses and why?

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:59 pm  

Site Admin

I talked to Veii in-game and he told me he was withdrawing his application because he was offered a spot elsewhere. If you change your mind at some point, let us know.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]