[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Kjepa - Mage application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Kjepa - Mage application
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:41 pm  

Character name: Miegs (Kjepa upon transfer)

Character class: Mage

Professions: Tailoring / Engineering

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Currently playing frost as its FOTM (even though arcane is starting to hit the same numbers in certain fights with my gear, im aware its insane once you're like 670ish, but frost just offers more flexability overall). Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced
Respeccing: I am perfectly capable of playing any of the given mage specs and i have fun with all of them (even arcane since WoD made it fun, yeah, mirracles happen not only in hearthstone), and i feel equally comfortable with any of them. As of playing other classes – i know every classes ins and outs, have played them on all specs, except warriors (arms/fury) and resto druids.

Class Info: Mage makes me feel exactly how i want to feel when playing this game and that is purely the reason why i chose this class for my main. I don’t like resource capping, i don’t enjoy DOT style of gameplay anymore, i like fast gameplay and to be ranged. I also thought long and hard about the class choice in MoP and taking every pro’s and con’s mage ended up in the top list because of several facts – every single expansion Blizzard stends to screw up some specializations completely and make them less (or not at all) viable for PvE anymore. If you think about boomkins in firelands and shadowpriests in MoP, you’ll understand what i’m talking about. I like ranged gameplay and i don’t like to be forced to play an entirely different class because of nerfs on one specialization. With mage, its almost always 2 out of 3 specs garaunteed viable, if not highly competitive in PvE scene.
Enough long talk, heres the prioritization im currently using and finding extremely efficient – Multistrike -> Crit -> Mastery -> Haste. Versitality currently has a position between crit and mastery for me as i feel its a weird stat for DPS but not worse then haste. With the current gear dropping from highmaul its hard to go for this prioritization, but free 660 PvP gear seems to be able to fix that.
Cooldown managment is pretty simple, got it macroed for beginning of fight – prepot, mirror images, orc racial and shards of nothing in one GCD. Using icy viens in a different keybinding for the diference in cooldown and the fact that icy viens directly affects the damage of mirror images aswell. Other then that its all fight dependent, if i see an add comming from imperator and my crystal is ready to put up, ill wait the 5 seconds and then place the crystal with procs so i can do sick cleave, just basic concepts.

Raid experience:
Vanilla – Close to no PvE experience as did PvP for the most of my time in vanilla on multiple characters;
TBC – Cleared everything except Kil’jaedan;
WOTLK – Cleared everyting mostly as soon as the content came out, enjoyed the ~300+ LK HC wipes and so on. My personal favorite expansion.
Cataclym – Disliked the expansion from the start. Blizzard said they will make 10 man a viable and competitive raiding scene while making 10man barely raidable, so i started to raid in firelands when it semi-evened out. Ended up having completely cleared everything with one of the few people having Sinestra one-shot achievement on the server.
MoP – Barely played this expansion at all. Quit the game and went hearthstone / dota crazy, came back and managed to get the legendary cloak, full SoO clear, some ToT hc etc., nothing major and worth mentioning.
WoD – Currently having 7/7 NM/HC and 1/7 mythic with progression on Twins.

Guild history: I will list the most competitive guilds ive been in :
Drain Bamage – Ahn’Qiraj realms #1 guild for quite some time. Later on the guild transfered to Stormscale because of lack of members to only end up in the same position because not everyone transfered and we ended up disbanding but staying close friends till this day.
Ex Deus – Ex Deus was #1 stormscale guild after Insert Coin stopped playing for some time in WOTLK and we were a guild made from veteran only players from Ressurectum (previously #3 on stormscale). Ended up disbanding after LK HC kill as our guild master went to a world 50ish guild.
AwoL – currently #1 guild on stormscale, raided with them for some months in cataclysm and in MoP start, left because as i mentioned earlier – the MoP was absolutely not for me and i did not want to take someones else raiding spot if im not even having any remote fun.
Antics – My current guild, joined them on WoD launch because of a friend recommending me them, they were rank 8 guild in SoO so i thought why not give it a go, turns out they we’re a 10 man group, some of the core 10 man members left and now we are stuck with people not being able to move from shield charge on twins for 2 hours in row. They’re a great bunch of guys but i feel like it will take way too long for this guild to establish a roster for any progression that im personally interested in and since this is the beginning of expansion i don’t want to already be set behind the curve because of that fact.
Your recent performances: Since the last time i raided HC with guild was when i was 650’ish and we only have logs for Mythic Kargath where i was dead for 30% of the fight i decided to make more viable logs and ran a full HC run this morning so you can see how i perform with my current gear and stat optimization in HM. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Fp ... 9/#fight=1 (Itemlevel at every recorded fight – 663).

When can you play: I can play up to 4-5 times a week, depending if its holidays or not. The raiding times fit me perfectly. Since im online most of the day if i have nothing better to do (which is a case quite often..) i am very flexible in raiding hours, as long as it doesent go over like 1-2 AM.

Where are you from: I’m a proud Latvian.

Communication: I’m not shy and i like to socialize with guildmates so TS3 is only a bonus for me.
About you: Im a 20 year old sociology student who goes to gym to raise heavy objects against the force of gravity and plays multiple games in my free time. I live with my girlfriend and two adorable kittens that like to beat eachother consistently.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I did my research, i searched for a guild for about 3 hours on wowprogress and kept listing guilds on and off,talking with guild masters and the only guild that raised my interest above others was this guild – I got positive response from anyone in the guild i whispered to, the overall community seems on the level of maturity i would feel comfortable in, the guild raiding also times fit me perfectly. I simply feel like i could benefit the guild in a good way. Also, the fact that the guild is on a medium population server is a big plus for me because i like the romantic feeling of people in /2 actually knowing eachother

Anything else: Thank you for taking your time and reading this extremely long (and possibly boring) application. In either way of how the recruitment goes, i wish you guys the best of luck in progression and hopefully i will be able to launch fireballs next to you guys on Foundry!
P.S Since the raids reset once you do a character transfer, i will be able to get even more gear this week from heroic HM to boost my DPS.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_120314_112242.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120314_112242.jpg [ 393.88 KiB | Viewed 12342 times ]

Post subject: Re: Kjepa - Mage application
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:09 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:13 pm  

Hello and thank you for complimenting my application and responding so quickly :) For cooldown tracking im using coolline cooldowns and TellMeWhen. I've been playing shadowpriest for about overall 6-7 years right now so tracking debuffs on boss is second nature on me, no need for an addon to do that for me :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm  

Hello fellow mage :D

I am glad you are capable of playing all specs and not just frost. I would suggest you swap to arcane (If possible) as fire is great for tectus and even twins with mastery gear.

Have you had much experience with the arcane Burn > Evocate > Conserve triangle rotation yet this expansion?
You say you will wait for an add to pop up and wait several seconds before using crystal but the crystals damage is split between all of the targets it hits. You really want to be using Crystal on cd along with Frozen Orb always. Just so your second crystal will always line up with your icy veins cd.

I am not sure if you have seen simcrafts but it seems like frost mages will be behind the other 2 specs. I highly recommend you do the swap.

Have you had much experience with raiding mythic (or old heroic) as fire or arcane if so how much?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:41 pm  

Hey and thank you for replying,
I have decent arcane experience but haven't played it as much as frost obviously in WoD so i will most likely have to do few LFR runs to get arcane flowing for me :) As of fire, that spec has no secrets for me as ive achieved high ratings in arena,rbg's and have raided with just using fire. Conserve mechanism is pretty straight forward and i have no problems with it, only annoys me on bosses when bloodlust is not popped in beginning as the manaburning doesent happen so fast :p

EDIT: I took your advice and went arcane / fire and cleared 6/7 HC again today to see the DPS difference. Overall i did do more damage as arcane / fire then just frost, so im pretty sure my gear is ready for that ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 pm  

Site Admin

Okay Kjepa, we have decided to accept you as Mythic trial. Please add me on RealID, I PMed you my info here on the forums. :)

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]