[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Tunna - WW Monk

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:01 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Tunna - WW Monk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:12 pm  

Character name: Tûnna

Character class: Monk

Professions: Alchi / Herbo

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
I usualy play tank as MS, but since WOD I've been doing dps as much as tanking so I do a lot of both. I am currently 664 in WW. My gear isn't fully optimal for dps since I'm still
using some tanking gear. But it's just a cloak and a few enchants to change.

Respeccing: I have played all monk specs, and enjoy playing them. So far in wod I went for WW and BM, I can play both as well as the other. I would be open to switching one of them to heal if needed but I don't have any gear in MW.

Class Info: Monk WW is a very mobile dps, very good when there are multiple targets. It has a pretty good survivability and I really enjoy its fast paced gameplay. It keeps you on the edge of your seat if you wanna do good dps.

Priority - Single target:
1 - Chi builder (Jab/expel harm)
2 - Keep Tiger power up
3 - Rising Sun Kick
4 - Fists of Fury
5 - Combo Breaker proc
6 - Chi Wave
7 - Blackout Kick

If there's more than 1 target, I send a clone on as many of them.
On bosses with adds, if Touch of Death will be up while add is alive, I launch clone on boss and switch to add in order to be able to touch him.

Priority - Multi target:
1- Clones
2 - Rising sun kick
3 - Tiger power buff
4 - Spinning Crane Kick

Cooldowns:
1 - Energizing brew, On cd, when low on energy.
2 - Tigereye Brew, Every 10 stacks. I wait to use it sometimes when I know a burst will comme with Xuen/Serenity.
3 - Xuen on cd, I try to time it with burst moments (i:e, use it on Imperator pull, then wait for BL to use it again)
4 - Serenity - Used on cd, timed with Tigereye brew
5 - Chi brew, on cd I try to always have one up in case I need stacks of brew or chi for burst.
6 - Touch of death, use on cd.
7 - Touch of karma/Fortifying brew, whenever i'm about to take a lot of damage.
8 - Berzerkering, on cd, try to time it with other burst CD, but never on BL.

Stats :
1 - Agility
2 - Multistrike
3 - Critical strike
4 - Haste
5 - Versatility
6 - Mastery

Raid experience:
Vanilla : Only MC, been to BWL and AQ but not very far
BC: Clean up to Archimonde, and Gurtogg after what I took a break.
TLK: All clean in normal 10/25. Edc 10HM, ICC 10 hm
Cata : BWD HM 5/6, TB: 3/6 HM
MOP: Nothing.

I had some of my best raiding nights in Naxx 25, and ICC 10 HM.

Guild history: I haven't been in a serious guild since the first tier of Cataclysm so not much to say here, the reason I left my last guild was because I had to stop playing.

Your recent performances: I don't have any logs to show i'm sorry.
I can assure you that I don't do less than 21k dps on any boss, so far anyway, and on bosses like Bracken/Tectus/Twins I can go up to 25-28k.

When can you play: I am available most nights for raiding, I live with my girlfriend so I have some nights dedicated to her. But I can assure at least 3 nights for raiding. If I'm not available I'll always know it at least 24h in advance.

Where are you from: FRANCE !!!

Communication: Yes I own a working microphone and can speak on TS !

About you: My name is Matthieu, i'm 25 and I just recently finished a Engineering degree in computer science, even though I don't really know what I'm gonna do with it.
I'm a very calm person, I've been playing wow for 10 years now. I live with my girlfriend who plays wow too, and my cat.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
I've been raiding with PUG groups for a while now and I really miss playing with civilized people in a cool athmosphere. That's why I want to join your guild, to meet new people who know what they're doing but who are cool about it.

UI and keybinds: All my skills are bound with 1-5, shift + A/Z/E/R/Q/S/D/F/Space/Tab/1-4 I think I have only 2 spells not bound, and it's because I don't use them in combat.

Anything else: No information, just wanted to thank all of you who took the time to read my application. I hope I'll see you in game !

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_010915_194336.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010915_194336.jpg [ 484.12 KiB | Viewed 12010 times ]

Last edited by Tunna on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tunna - WW Monk
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 am  

Site Admin

Hey Tunna and thanks for applying. :)

Since you applied as WW, I'll treat your application as such, but keep in mind that even though our recruitment board on homepage doesn't show us as recruiting BM monks, we are looking for tanks for our second group, so if you feel more confident as BM, don't be afraid to tell us.

1) I think your single target priority is slightly messed up. Having Chi builder on top would mean that you'd rather Jab with 45 energy rather than use RSK when it comes off CD, which I don't believe you think is correct.
You are incorrect about respective importance of RSK and FoF, with RSK debuff in mind.
You don't mention chi pooling for when RSK and FoF are about to come off CD.
You mentioned Expel Harm, when do you prioritize it over Jab?

2) Talent choices - you kind of skipped this part, and your whole application goes as if only viable choice for lvl 100 talent was Serenity, which it really is not. Please expand upon this section, be it for Chi Explosion (rotation, stat priority etc.) or for choices in other talent tiers.

3) Cooldown usage, specifically Tigereye Brew, core component of WW. Did I understand correctly you time it for Xuen? Is that and Serenity only specific windows you use it? Do you ever go above 10 stacks?

4) What about your opening sequence? This gets pretty important as you pick up solid trinkets and you are on boss where you BL on pull.

5) Your multi target priority slightly confuses me, what amount of targets do you consider multitarget? Do you SCK on two targets? Also, is FoF not included in your multi target rotation?

6) Any macros you use?

7) Do you ever use Zen Meditation or Transcendance?

Overall, I like you app, but I believe there are some missing pieces in your knowledge of WW.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:30 am  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm  

Site Admin

1) You should know this stuff before applying, but yeah, priority is RSK debuff > FoF on CD > RSK on CD. I think your UI is pretty good in terms of tracking their CDs, but not so great for tracking chi, you might want to enlarge that bar and put it somewhere in the middle, together with energy bar.

2) There is case for sometimes picking Chi Burst on fights with multiple adds.

3) There is no reason to pool your Brew for Xuen, or even somehow line up Serenity and Xuen. Other than that, you should not be using it at 10 stacks whenever you get them. Again, this is the stuff you should have researched, since it's pretty much the only important gameplay mechanic of WW.

4) Realistically in serious guilds, you will have time to get 5/6 Chi before the pull. Looking at your 2 Chi opener, you are not using Brew at proper time.

Other than that, if you want to play WW in serious raid setting, you will need to learn to play Chi Explosion, so please do some research on it and give me some basic overview.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:55 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Tunna, after talking it through with officers, we agreed that we want to see you perform first before going through with your app. If it's okay with you, we'd like to have you join our HC run this Monday and Tuesday, starting 20:00 server time.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm  

Sure no problem I'll be there. My battletag is Tunna#2938.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]