No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Sixxi - Prot warr
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:56 pm  

Character name: Sixxi

Character class: Prot warrior

Professions: BS and mining

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Atm I'm focused on prot warr and tanking. armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... xxi/simple
Respeccing: I'm able to respec for DPS warr or play any of my alts - best performence is as blood DK, ele or resto shammy and ofc warrior :-)

Class Info: Well my class is warrior - huge cow w/ huge weapons. I'm playing wow since patch 1.3 and started here on Thunderhorn. I palyed warlock till end of wotlk when my acc was compromised. Then I started new account on Cata and I created warrior because I just love TBC warrior pvp so I pick it up. Ability prio. I adjust everything on my actual rage. I like Grafarion style so that's for rotationa nd prio I guess. More improtant is def CDs I think (as long as I'm the cow you should hide behind). Ofc I'm using my def cds more then once per fight and don't know exactly what to say here. I will psot logs later on so you can check what I use and how often. Stat prio atm is bonus armor and mastery for me.

Raid experience: I'm playing since Vanilla, but tbh I palyed mostly on free servers - blizz ones, but free servers. So I have nothing to prove myself on this account. The only shit worth notice is prolly ra-den fos but it was way too easy w/ such an overgear and maybe CM master on every wod CM, but was too lazy (don't like the CM weps) to finish gold so have only silvers for mount. My favorite bosses. W/ DK it was definitietly ICC and LK - that was Thunderhorn. With warlock I just loved Grul and so do Moroes in Kara.

Guild history: I was in Fantasy since cata and now I left cause I start to raid w/ Swagbusters. Still got alts in that guild, I', peaceful person :-)

Your recent performances: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/32029 ... dar/12-14/ Those are my logs but I only recorded Imperator and I'm confounded for my performance - was xmas time and I was drinking more then playing :-(

When can you play: almost every evening except Monday. Got part-time job and part-time university, but university is only Friday and Sat once per month - can make it for Sat raids. And job is only 3x 7 hours monday to wednesday and only monday longer then 4 p.m. So I ca be online almsot every evening. I'm drummer in a band and really rarely I have some live performance which can lead to my absence, but it never happen to me so far (to cancel raid cause of drumms)

Where are you from: Czech Republic! Awesome beer, chicks and domains! (.cz)

Age: 21, my parents enragesbut not living w/ them and my gf enrages aswell but none cares about her, she's just a love, not wow!

Communication: Ofc I'm and I'm communicative - TCed RBGs to 2,1 rat last seasson (pugs)

About you: patient young guy w/ some hobbies (drums, diving, carts and some shit).

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I want to join because I want to raid w/ english and stable guild. I expect only some social and friendly guild w/ some motivation for hardcore raiding but also some kind of toleration to real life - I will never be able to raid 12 hours/day :-).

UI and keybinds: Well I'ms till working on both of this. Using shit loads of keybinds and macros - rly a lot. But still finishing my UI. Still missing some addons and working on look. Unfortunatelly I'm applying on my ntb and can't psot you my PC UI atm and I'm missing few addons here (fpr isntance tellmewhen and debufffilter etc.). As keybinds I'm using all mouse buttons - 7 extra buttons w/ modifiers (shift, ctrl and alt sometimes) and then whole numeric keyboard as well as keys close to wsad (Q and E only w/ modifiers, using default movement). http://2imgs.com/032294be6d screen of ntb ui (can provide my PC ui in next few days)

Anything else: I prefer to join your alt run or something to show you how I play, what I play and how annoying is my voice ;-) So we can know each other a little but before accepting or refusing my application.
Thank you and looking forward your replies

Post subject: Re: Sixxi - Prot warr
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:25 pm  

Site Admin

Hello there and thanks for applying ;).

I'd like you to give me more info about the class.
Grafarion style? What exactly do you mean by that here?
Adjusting everything to your current level of rage? That sounds too broad, I'd like to know what exactly you're adjusting and how.
What's your opinion about mastery versus crit for prot?
Tell me more about the talents in the level 45 tier and in the level 100 tier. Do you ever swap between any of those? If so, then when and why?
Please provide more information about your glyph choices. Same as above, if you use different glyphs in certain situations, elaborate on that.

In that screenshot it looks like about half of your important abilities isn't keybound/mousebound. Can you please clarify which binds are you using for those?

What's up with the low quality enchants and gems?

Thank you in advance for answering.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:05 pm  

Hello,

Thank you for fast reply. I know it is too general and you're right - I should give more effort to application. In the end "I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist." :-).

The thing w/ rage. As long as those def cds comes w/o global cd it's kinda bullshit what I typed :-D But I though more like execute or HS thing. Mostly I just go for shield slam, revenge, devastate and filling this w/ def abilities like shield block/barrier etc. Sometimes you got an opportunity to burn rage w/ HS also - like you¨re not tanking, not taking any dmg and got nearly cap so you can just burn rage w/ HS. When I'm taking melee dmg I go for block and when I'm taking only some magic stuff I go for barrier. Don't know how to explain nor what to explain, it¨s rly situational in my opinion. So I'll stay w/ the slam, revenge, devastate and fillers. But i heard best prot warrs hit only shining buttons so prolly I'm doing something wrong :-!

Mastery vs. Crit: It's really hard question and in my opinion it depends on boss fight. You have parry from critical strike which means on bosses like Butcher I would like to switch for crit gear over mastery (especially when you can avoid that bleed Cleaver), but generaly I'm more for mastery tho.

About talents. I'm swaping 45 talents from Repercussion to unyelding strikes depending on if I'm using shield block or barrier (when block I take Repercussion). Level 100 talents are much harder to tell. I am still working on this tbh. So far I swap for Ravager on Butcher for extra parry only, because those 5% is still in my opinion rly pwoerful. But I must admit - I'm not sure in those swaps and need to thing about it a little deeper ;-). Also I tryed anger management on Tectus because of the ultimate reduction especially for Demoralizing shout but as I said, still not sure if it's worth to swap somewhere else.

For keybinds on my screen - you're right it does not show, but every ability on that screen is binded (in the middle bars, right 2 side bars are not binded cause there is mostly only junk lke mounts). But don't worry, have binded my def cds ;-).

For glyphs I mostly use: Undying rage (extra cap for rage), Death from above (cd on leap), Cleave (heroic strike is celaving), Mocking banner (banner redirect mobs from me to OT), rude interuption (dmg bonus from interupts) and Bull rush (extra rage from charge).
undying rage is in most fights, rest is much more situational. I use mocking banner only on last and only sometimes - depends who's taking adds and if I need it or not etc. Cleave for aoe fights or fights where I can use some aoe burst - like Kargath. DfA or enraged speed for better movement in needed fights - usually prefer death from above cause it reset taunt CD so I'm picking this one every time on last boss for instance. Was using glyph of shield slam a lot but do not find a place for him in any boss fight atm.

Low quality of gems and enchants is because I don't know what I will play - if I can tank for you, I'll finish that for tanking, but if I can't it's a waste and I'm way too greedy to throw gold away. I will finish all gems and enchants before 1st raid with you.

Hope I answered your questions and looking forward any reply on this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:26 pm  

Site Admin

Personally I like Ravager a lot more than Gladiator's Resolve on most bosses; sure, the flat 5% extra damage reduction is nice, but Ravager is a pretty strong extra cooldown – the 30% parry it gives (which is very good on its own already) will also give you a lot of Revenge procs and thus more rage. It also does quite a lot of damage, especially on cleave/AoE fights, i.e. pretty much every fight in Highmaul bar Butcher, but on Butcher you want to take it anyway to help avoid the bleed stacks and of course the regular swings.
I also tried Anger Management on some fights but in general I stick with Ravager.

After the recent hotfix I am curious about Unyielding Strikes versus Heavy Repercussions; I reckon US will still win at least on cleave fights, but personally I find it kinda hard to use well and a mistake can cost you a lot.

Anyway, from your answers it seems to me that you kinda know what you're doing as a tank, but as we already discussed in-game, I would most likely prefer you as DPS because the prot warrior tanking spot is currently occupied by yours truly. Can you tell me more about the state of your DPS gear and the spec(s) you would use on bosses and how would you play them?

Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:24 am  

Finally find some time to finish this. You saw me in 2 raids - both tank and fury/glad dps. Was Fury for 1st time this expansion. let's make it fast and not annoying :-).

My "hero" is Asmongold as Fury - not a crazy guy who's watching twitch/yt 24/7 :-) Just sometimes I wanna check if I'm not doing something rly wrong.

My stat prio is so far a little bit more haste to get my bloodthirsty under 4 sec CD and then continue w/ crit and amstery. Mostly crit but even sim looks rly balanced - fury w/ mythic gear must be really fun to play thanks to this stat balance. So atm it's haste - crit - mastery but haste only for that "cap" which is something like 11% I think.

About talents. important tiers is 60, 90 and 100. Using SB for single target and Dragon Roar for multi - for 2 target boss like blacken I prefer SB because of anger management. 90 I go BB or Bladestorm - Bladestorm multi and bb single. At 100 I go only anger management now. Was wondering whole evening about anger/reveger and still think w/ my quality of gear anger is much better - it's harder to time correctly your CDs, but still worth it.

Rotation is simply as always - on aoe or any cleave I wanna go whirlwind before raging blow and on single target I go basically Bloodthirsty - raging blow and wild strike. wild strike to burn rage - never wanna cap rage especially when using anger management. Basically I'm hitting what's shinning ;-). Sudden death asap, watch boss HP to get some rage for executes and so...

I prefer TG over SMF, but in Highmaul I think SMF is better - those cleavers from Butcher just seems to me much better then 2h from that ugly guy.

Hope to see you in next raid!

P.S. Realized my gear isn't that shitty and can join your mythic group aswell if there is still spot for another warrior. (you can never cap warriors!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:56 pm  

Site Admin

Hello.

I'm kinda curious about the Anger Management versus Ravager thing; I haven't done much research on it so I guess I'll have to see it in action.

Other than that I think your answers are satisfactory and we're going to accept you for trial. You can poke us in-game for an invite.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]