[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Majinx - Elemental Shaman

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Majinx - Elemental Shaman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:18 am  

Character name: Majinx

Character class: Elemental

Professions: Skinning and Leatherworking

Talent specs: I play Elemental as main spec, Have OS as resto(tho the gear for it is not good.. but i know how to play it)
Gear level: 668
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... x/advanced
Respeccing: I can respecc for different fight(eg AoE vs Single Target dps) and also if needed i can heal, but i prefer Elemental.

Class info: The reason i like shamans is beacuse of Elemental Overload(Multistrike before it was cool), and also.. i admitt, im a totemlover :*
Abilities: My priority as Elemental is Fulmnation @17 stacks, its my highest damage dealing ability and if i let my stacks go 20+ stacks and not use it, all stacks that i've "could" have got, is just -dps.
After that it's Lava Burst with Unleash Flame( If my flameshock on the target have 13+ sec left) and then its mostly fillers. Some things i use that's might be different is Earthquake for both single and AoE damage, beacuse it acctually make my dps rise.

Cooldowns: I use my dps cd's as often as possible or if they are needed in some phase. My healing CD's i use if healing is hard in phases
and we are all stacked, then i can use Ancestral Guidence or Healing rain. My Mobilty CD's i save for times/phases i know i/raid will need them
(eg. Ko'ragh's Frost Orb)
Stats: I prioritise Multistrike, and Crit(For the bonus multistrike chance on Crits). Then its haste and last Mastery.

Raid experience: Ive killed most bosses in TBC, all except Ulduar on Wotlk, then i kinda stopped playing for a while..
My favourite boss fight is Heigan the Unclean(DANCE!!!)

Guild history: My guild atm is just guys my friend knows irl and "for fun".. The reason i want to leave is that i need progress..
But my individual skill and guild.

Performence: 7/7 hc.. top dps mostly.. Sadly but true, this is my best performence recetly.. :(

Raid: I can raid 3-4 days a week from 18.00 - 02.00, only thing stopping me is the snow(Plowing snow)

Age: 21, having my own appartment, no gf, no kids and 100/100 connection.

Communication: I have a microphone. And atm i have Raidcall, Mumble, Skype, ventrilo and Teamspeak3 installed.

About me: My name is Fredrik, im from Sweden. I like to lift weights and watch/read about other ppl lifting weights.
I work with plowing snow on the winter and beeing kinda gardener at the summer.

I get: The reason i want to join you is beacuse i know you will and can do PROGRESS.. And since i know i have more fun if my guild gets better
and better, i will have more fun.

UI: I bind everything(food, heartstone, /trade) and for Addons, i use Weak Auras, Elvui, Reccount and some more.
UI: http://imgur.com/rqZe3NS

Post subject: Re: Majinx - Elemental Shaman
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:19 am  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:59 am  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:05 pm  

that's a dps loss you wanna sit and faceroll since it doesn't do any dmg:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:27 pm  

I could imagine it to be an even bigger dps loss if a trample is about to come in and people cant move fast enough due to it.....
There might be blood spilled that day :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:37 pm  

Don't remember the timings being that awful and since it's rng if you get it or not i still don't see a reason to precast it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:52 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Majinx and thanks for applying, I found most none-class info to be in order, but I'd like you to build up on what Kael asked about. Also some info about your talent choices would be nice to have.

I assume you don't have any logs of your recent performances like we've asked in application template?

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:30 am  

okey, so first, Lava surge proccs is ofc first in prio list, but since that is a procc i see it as an more of a rotation than prio, when it proccs i use it. The reason i said my prio is Fulmnation is beacuse thats the thing i track the most thru the fights. Lava burst is just into rotation.

Prio order coreccted.
Lava Burst(when ready or on Lava surge procc)
Fulmantion 17@ stacks

Then about the Earthquake. I only use it when the boss stand still and with Ancestral Swiftness.

My talent choices for each fight will be different.
Kargath - i will have Unleashed Fury for more single target dps and Elemental Fusion for more single target dps(if i am with the group going up i can choose Liquid, but rarely)
Buthcer - Single target dps^
Tectus - i will have Unleashed Fury for more single target dps and Liquid Magma for last tier, depending on tactics i can sometimes have Elemental Fusion here to.
Brackenspore - Most of the times i choose to have UF and LM, beacuse of the spawning of Haste reducing mushroom ,Sporeshooters and the Big add.
Twins - since its alot of running in this fight from fire, ww and charge, i will do more dps with UF+LM in this fight.
Ko'ragh - Same as Kargath and Butcher.
Imp - Here i use UF+LM,

Im off to work atm, so will answer more when i get home.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:19 pm  

The frost orb from Ko'rath is just an example of an Boss Ability that slows alot of ppl. So in those cases i use Windwalk totem. Tho if the fight needs more roots, i will replace my WW with Earthgrab totem.

The about the logs, im sorry to say i dont have. But since i saw that you have it for applying, i have downloaded WLU client and will have logs soon.

Now, The Talents was described in my earlier comment, but i want to clear some details.

The reson i have Unleah Fury is beacuse it will bring more damage during the whole fight then Elemental Blast would, tho Elemental blast can bring my dps up for a short period of time, but over time it will not increase my Damage Done more than Unleash Fury would. And i have also been testing the Primal Elementalist with Storm Elemental Totem, and beside more CC and a low amount of healing, there is nothing there for Elemental shamans..( YET! )

So what im really doing is changing my talent depending on how many adds that we want to damage and how much mobility the fights require.

Have been trying out Liquid Magma vs Elemental Fusion for single target dps aswell, and the difference is very little. So in some fights i prefer to have LM even if its more single target, just beacuse of how the fight will play out (Movement and Boss movement).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 am  

Site Admin

Hey Majinx, please link any available logs, I'm still trying to get our elemental shaman to check new additions to your application, so please be patient with us.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next