[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] PeeJay - Elemental Shaman

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] PeeJay - Elemental Shaman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:32 pm  

Character name: Peejay

Character class: Shaman

Professions: Leatherworking/Engineering

So, I've been playing only elemental shaman so far. I mainly focus on DPS specs, I'm not really familiar with healing in this expansion. Of course I would be willing to switch to healing in great need but I just enjoy DPSing more :)

Here is my armory:

Curretly my gear is mostly HC HM gear, 669ilvl. I haven't had much luck on mythic missions, i got 2 mythic off hands which I dont need at all, so they are just lying in my bank. I am still missing some better gear stats-wise, but nothing major.

This is my first and only character. I started playing a little over a month ago after 3 year break from WoW. I bought the 90lvl boost so it was done pretty quickly. I have played elemental shaman in the past but that was in WoTLK on a different server. No worrier though, I have tendency to learn about my class as much as possible through every video and guide i can find. My goal is to have the best DPS my spec can have. I've been doing a pretty good job so far I must say even though elemental shaman is considered to be super weak right now.

All right, so my raid experience so far: 7/7 hc, 1/7 mythic + many tries on mythic twins. I got 7/7 hc after 14 days of playing and then 1/7 mythic with my previous guild.

If u wanna hear about my guild history... well there isn't much. Actually there was only one guild and that was The Silver Core. I don't wanna talk bad about them, it wasn't just my type of guild. After I managed to down all HC bosses with just PUG groups I wanted to progress some mythic because that's where the real challenge is. It didn't really work out with them, not because they were bad, there just wasn't enough dedicated players I would say... so I left.

If you wanna know some of my recent performances there's isn't much. You wouldn't find much on wowlogs, I didn't even know about this site until like a week ago.
I might find some screenshots of my dps. I do 29k+ dps on hc Butcher in random groups, that's probably the best boss to show dps on.

I can play pretty much every day. If raid is in the evening, I'll be 100% there. Of course i can be on TS3 and I also have a microphone that works!

And now something about me:

Hello, my name is Patrik and I'm 24 years old (no angry parents here) and I'm from Czech Republic. I recently quit my job so I'm currently "in between jobs". So I have plenty of time to play at this moment. I have been playing games since I could hold a controller. I switched from League of Legends to WoW few weeks after WoD was released, just to give it a try and i'm lovin' it.
I want to join your guild because I need a guild where I can test my abilities and also to learn new things from veteran players as most of you are. I'm pretty new to my character but I'm squeezing it to it's limits and I just want more! I'm bored of that easy heroic mode and want to do some real progress in mythic, and since you are so far in mythic progress, I feel like you're the way to go. *cute face*

You can see my UI here on this video I recorded some time ago It's still the same except I simplified the combat text to get rid of some unimportant stuff.
I have a keybind on everything expect for pots and healthstones.

If you need to know anything else about my gameplay, let me know.
Well, that should be all. I hope someone will like it and... yeah, have a nice day.

Post subject: Re: PeeJay - Elemental Shaman
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:45 pm  

Site Admin

Hey PeeJay and thanks for applying. :)

I think you misunderstood some parts of our application template, so please include some basics like your stat priority, talent choices (which you use often, why do you switch between X and Y and on which bosses etc) and your rotation.

I really like that you have record of your Imperator performance, I watched it and I could only find few small issues (like not using personals often enough - at one point you Healing Surge instead of using Healthstone for example - and not using potions). I think part of the issue there might be that you don't keybind stuff like Astral Shift, which you need to fix.

Also, I see that you are currently in between jobs and thus have enough of time to game, but I'm slightly worried that might change when you find a new job. Any idea what you might do in the future and if it'd interfere with our raiding schedule?

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:08 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:58 pm  

Site Admin

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:26 am  

Site Admin

Hey Peejay, sorry for the wait, I'm still trying to get our guild elemental shammy to take a look at your application. Please remain patient and again sorry for the wait. :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:43 pm  

Riiight, sorry for the wait. Hello. I'm the "guild elemental" shaman and I'll get right to it.

Pros:
- Video (best way to check your performance, ty)
- You got the stat priority right. On aoe though, crit>haste.
- Your situational awareness is good (judging from the video), reaction time seems good too (you didn't wipe anyone, yay)
- Your mog is an inspiration.
- You understand that healing surge is the most powerful spell in the elemental shaman kit. But tonic>stone>healing surge.

Cons:
- you coined gold (wtf)
- defensive cds are never clicked.
(nitpicking inc)
- Why are you playing with storm elemental totem on that fight, especially since you aren't (from what I could gather) playing with Primal elementalist.
- You lost like 5 lavabursts on ascendances you didn't use spiritwalker's grace on.
- You never used earthquake on the last phase, even though the tanks were getting smashed by the small adds and the adds were stationary most of the time.
- You fulminated 2-3 adds during the course of the fight on very low stacks and when they were very low, then didn't have shock cd to reapply flame shock for the boss and had to lavaburst without it.

As a side note, after watching your whole video, I understand this was a pug but your talent choice (storm elem) seems really weird. And this bring me to my next question:
What are your tier 4,6,7 talent choices for each Highmaul fight and please support your choices with arguments.

Also, what do you think elemental shaman is considered super weak right now?

Many cheers and sorry for being late,
Kaeltor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:50 pm  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:35 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, we'd like to try you out in our HC run on Tuesday, please be available at 19:50 server time and contact Dagthul or Laotse.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 pm  

u can withdraw my application, i am not interested in wow anymore, i wish you best of luck in the future

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]