[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [embarrassing] Desstro - Affli / Demo WARLOCK

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:42 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [embarrassing] Desstro - Affli / Demo WARLOCK
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 am  

Character name: Desstro-Thunderhorn

Character class: Warlock! (of course the best class :D)

Professions: ench / jwc (both around 480, professions aren't my "strongpoint" :D)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I'm playing a most of time affli, on some bosses respec. to demonology (for example Imperator - cause for longer fights affli isn't the strongest one), gear ilvl - 666 (ooh demonic power :D), http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... o/advanced
Respeccing: I think I answered that point above. (respec. to demonology - better for longer fights), I like every spec on warlock, ofc, but destro spec. isn't my favorite (it's confusing because my name, isn't it? :D).

Class Info: Oooh affli warlock is powerful. For a long time I played destro, but (for me) that's boring, and not so effective on more targets (That's why I love Twin Ogrons in Highmaul :D). Primary stats for affli are haste and mastery. I have to settle with equip from Highmaul of course, and I'm looking forward to Blackrock Foundary - start with choosing the bis items. Buut, haste is best!! (With a combination of bloodlust, dark soul misery, shards of nothing trinket from my favorite boss in HM and maybee with blue mushroom at Brackenspore's fight! :D)

Raid experience: Ehm, let me think; yes I have killed 7/7 normal and 7/7 hc hooray. I've got two memorable moments, one of them is when I finally killed the fcking (sorry but I'm still nervous from that fight :D) Yogg-Saron (at private server - that was reaaally bugged you can't imagine that :D). and the other one is when I killed Garrosh at heroic difficulty - (before 6.0.0 normal difficulty) - that was the time when I came to Thunderhorn and Garrosh was my "first final expansion boss".

Guild history: My guild history is so voluminous. At private server I was leader of two guilds (which were quite good! - we firstly completed ToC HC at that server :D). And Thunderhorn - I played in Chrocht but only for short time (doing flex soo again and again didn't make me happy :D), then I came to Fantasy. I liked that guild, but +- one month back the Guild Master started irritated me with really strange the guild rules, so with Veii, Inf, Zuiz, Speedie and with other bombastic players founded the SwagBusters. (Unfortunately, for a small number of players we couldn't made a mythic group :(, I'm still sad because the team was super).

When can you play: Mythic team will be raiding 3 days a week: Wednesday, Thursday (both starting 19:45) and Sunday (starting 18:45) , ending 23:00. Monday could also rarely be used for rescheduling. - I'm able to play every day :D
Heroic group will be raiding on Monday and Tuesday, starting 19:45 and ending 23:00. - The same answer.

Tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible. - The same answer :D

Where are you from: Czech Republic (of course the best country in the world :D)

Communication: Do you own a microphone? - YES, a new microphone :D Are you okay with speaking using voice-comms (TS3)? - YES, TS3 is the best choice. (I don't like ventrilo or mumble, I have had bad experiences with that programms).

About you: I'm 18-years old, I'm still attending to school (grammar school), this year I will graduate and then I want to study at university (study medicine); hmm what about me, I don't know, if you want to know anything so ask me! :D

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: So, I want to start progressing mythic Highmaul and I look forward to enjoy my WoW-playing moments with a good team (social, etc.) which you've got in your guild (I hope so :D).

UI and keybinds: I dont think that you'll like my UI (it's simply, without any specific addons, but I am satisfied). I think it's quite subjective and this way suits me :D

Anything else: Image I'm looking forward to you!

Post subject: Re: Desstro - Affli / Demo WARLOCK
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:02 pm  

Hey there.

A few points and questions about your application and armoury :).

First I note that you are not using the best enchants. For mythic these are a must. It is a stat loss to be using the cheaper ones at this point and it's not like your gear is blue and being swapped out immediately.

A simple UI isn't a problem :). However there are some addons that should really be used and are somewhat necessary to maximize a warlock. Weakaura's is one of these. In a chaotic fight like there are on mythic you will need things to track your buffs and debuffs, something clear so that you know when all of your things proc, dot trackers and such. Looking up into the corner of your screen when you need to react instantly is not optimal.
A screenshot in combat would be good to demonstrate what all looks like.

What about talent choices? There isn't a standard 'best' setup for those. On mythic what talents would you choose on each boss, or if you prefer which would you change from the standard setup that you use.

Specifically what bosses would you use what spec on? Rather than saying you go demo for longer fights, why do you choose demo? What advantages does that spec have aside from affliction falling off as the fight goes on.

Do you have any logs for us to review?

"I am trying to have a serious conversation with you. here"
"Oh, so am I, and I'm failing, and I'm sorry about that."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 pm  

enchants - I'm working on it, tomorrow all enchantable items will have the most powerful enchant.

addons - You're right, I found an simply addon (TellMeWhen) which easily shows me cd's (how did you say)

talents
- tier 1: I'm using glyph of drain life, so with this is best Harvest Life; but very often I'm switching between this and Dark Regeneration (Harvest life - for example in Ko'ragh's fight while having absorb healing from expel magic: shadow to help healers).
- tier 2: Switching between Mortal Coil and Shadowfury (depends on boss - in Ko'ragh's fight using Shadowfury to help with stunning adds at circles). Mortal Coil for a small ammount of selfheal.
- tier 3: Switching between Soul Link and Sacrificial Pact. - If I take low damage throughout the fight I choose Soul Link and if damage is large and periodic I prefer Sacrificial Pact. (butcher - Soul Link, Imperator - Soul Link, Twin Ogrons - sac. pact,...)
- tier 4: I'm still using Burning Rush. It's big advantage during Phemos's quake (to avoid flames)
- tier 5: Grimoire of Supremacy with combination of tier 7 - Demonic Servitude
- tier 6: I prefer Archimonde's Darkness to the other talents, it's good combination first stack with bloodlust and the second stack with my trinket (Shards of Nothing).
- tier 7: Demonic Servitude is the best single-target option I think, at killing trash I often swtich to Cataclysm.

affli/demo - Affli is better for "short" fights like Butcher or Kargath, and definitely better in fights, where are more than 1 npc (= Phemos & Pol, Tectus, Brackenspore & Fungal). For Imperator I still think that demo is better. I tried it for lots of times and in demo I had got about 2-2,7k more dps.

logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1722 (from Tectus HC, but I'm not proud on it - I've got several problems with internet connections, the last HC run was totally devastating for me (but now my net provider is more reliable company).

Haa my blood elf is in good mood :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:54 pm  

Alright:

First, stop with the pictures. That is really not the type of mentality that you want to project to us as part of a serious application.

Onto the rest:
You NEVER want to be using harvest life. Even with the glyph it is a dps loss. It is the healers job to keep you alive, it is your job to do dps. (And not stand in stuff.) If they need help use a real cooldown that doesn't affect the damage output.

Affliction is also a terrible choice for Tectus. It is the worst warlock spec available by a wide margin. Since you applied for mythic on Tectus for example both shards are killed at once. You then have 10 targets that have to die in a good 30 seconds or so. Even with a soulburned seed and cataclysm, your dps will be overshadows by destro and immensly by demo.

As a member though I am voting a /no.

That isn't final though and an officer will get to you on their verdict.

"I am trying to have a serious conversation with you. here"
"Oh, so am I, and I'm failing, and I'm sorry about that."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:12 pm  

Officer

Certainly a very disturbing thread to open. I do not recommend the application personally just based on that.

In fact, I will be removing all of the images from the thread once it's locked regardless of the application's outcome.

edit: Thinking about it again, this is too embarrassing and should remain as a testament.

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:39 pm  

>:)

Attachments:
e20.jpg
e20.jpg [ 60.29 KiB | Viewed 12367 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:31 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, we have decided to decline your application.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]