[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Baroekoe - Feral Druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Baroekoe - Feral Druid
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:57 pm  

Character name: Baroekoe
Character class: Druid
Professions: Alchemy (700) [Elixir Master], Herbalism (715),

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
Respeccing:
-I'm currently playing Feral (main spec) , Guardian (off spec) in WoD. Played Restoration in all other expansions. My current item level 668 as a feral, getting items for Guardian as well.
-http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Baroekoe/simple
- I can play anything you want me to play, but if it's Restoration or Balance I should get some gear first, I find Feral the most enjoyable specialization though. I like Restoration very much but just wanted to try something else, wanted to get some mad puss damage in lol. I for surely will switch between them cause I just love to play druid.

Class Info:
- Feral druid relies much on luck because of [Omen of Clarity], it's a passive that makes your auto attacks have a chance to reduce the Energy cost of the next Cat Form ability by 100%. So that can make your burst do a lot more damage or even when you are not bursting this thing is very good. Mostly when this occurs I cast a [Shred] = 40 energy OR [Thrash] = 50 energy.
- Overall I like classes that use "energy" as their source of damage dealing. Feral is a class with a pretty good burst and I like that! It's fun in arenas too though, to one shot people! Druid is like the master of all classes, you can go as a Tank, Healer, Ranged damage dealer, Melee Damage dealer and that's what I like so much, to switch between these 4 different specializations.
- I use my cooldowns ( [Tiger's Fury] [Berserk] [Incarnation: King of the Jungle] [Draenic Agility Potion] ) All at once to maximize the damage done, if used right All these cooldowns are making my damage going up a lot.
[Bloodtalons] is very good when used right. If you use Blood talons on a [Rip] and [Rake] the abilities will deal 30% more additional damage. Casting a Healing Touch causes this, it has 2 like stacks, ofcourse you don't cast a healing touch in the middle of the fight, you get Instant Healing touches of [Predatory Swiftness]. [Predatory Swiftness]= Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to make your next healing touch instant. "Finishing moves" = [Ferocious Bite] [Maim] [Rip] [Savage Roar]. Also cast a Ferocious Bite with 50+ energy to increase damage done by 100%.
This is a website where I read about my class to know it a little bit better.
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/feral-drui ... -abilities

Raid experience:
- I played WoW since Vanilla, but I was a little kid in Vanilla so I didn't raid or anything like that till now to be honest, I'm 16 now. I heard from a lot of guys it was fun raiding in these expansions so I'm sad that I was to young :p. Right now I'm trying a lot harder for raids. I'm so pumped up for mythic but the guild 'Off The Rock' quitted raiding cause people didn't show up. I'm making pugs for HC and NM to learn the tactics better and to know what other classes are doing against specific bosses to maximize their Healing or Damage done. (7/7 NM - 7/7 HC - 0/7 Mythic.)

Guild history:
- Well I've been in several little raiding guilds that didn't raid hardcore. 'Off the Rock' was a new one in WoD and it was pretty fun, but we didn't had enough raid members so kind of went downhill and never got to mythic raiding.

Your recent performances:
- Didn't have WarcraftLogs till now. Just made an account so probably there will be not much to look at for few days. :)

When can you play:
- I'm pretty sure I can raid Sunday and Thursday, really depends on Wednesday. On Wednesday I will probably have to go after 45min-1hour. If I can't come to the raids I will let you know the day of the raid like 2-3 hours before it starts but that will rarely happen. If I have too much schoolwork I will let you know like 2-3 days up front.

Where are you from: Represent your country!
- BELGIUM :D Bier Chocolade en Frieten (Beer, Chocolate and Fries or Chips)

- 16, I'm doing good work at school now so shouldn't be a problem. They won't enrage cause I got a chill brother who can defend me haha :p. Anyway they don't have a problem with it.

Communication:
- Yes, I have a microphone and all the Voice-comms (TS3 - Vent - Raidcall - Skype).

About you:
- I live in the 'Flemish part' Gent, so that's where they speak Dutch and not French :).
- I'm also a virgin and I like Kebab! :p

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
- I just want to join a guild where I can stay for a while, be social and have fun, if I get a chance raiding for mythic that would be a lot of fun!

UI and keybinds:
• [Bear Form] = "<" [Incarnation: King of the Jungle] = "s-2"
• [Berserk] = "R" [Maim] = "3"
• [Cat Form] = "Tab" [Prowl] = "s-4"
• [Cyclone] = "s-T" [Rake] = "4"
• [Dash] = "C" [Rebirth] = F1
• [Entangling Roots] = "s-F" [Rejuvenation] = "s-R"
• [Faerie Fire] = "c-F" [Rip] = "5"
• [Ferocious Bite] = "2" [Savage Roar] = "c-1"
• [Healing Touch] = "7" [Focus Healing Touch] = "s-7" [Shred] = "1"
• [Skull Bash] ="G" [Stampeding Roar] = "s-C"
• [Survival Instincts] = "F" [Tiger's Fury] = "s-1"
• [Swipe] = "6" [Thrash] = "s-6"
• [Wild Charge] = "s-G" [Typhoon] = "8"
I have a Razer Naga (The mouse with 12 buttons on side).

Anything else:
- I also have a MW monk, can this guy also join the guild, but he's not that geared as my druid.
- I wanted to apply like last expansion, but didn't know my class well enough and I wasn't' that serious into raiding, because I didn't started from beginning of expansion.

That's about it, thanks for reading this anyway!

Attachments:
File comment: UI
FERAL DRUID NSJL.PNG
FERAL DRUID NSJL.PNG [ 2.92 MiB | Viewed 13740 times ]

Post subject: Re: Baroekoe - Feral Druid
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:26 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, thank you for applying!

Not being able to raid on Wednesday would probably be a problem if you're interested in mythic raiding, however I don't see any issues with taking you aboard as social. I'll also poke somebody to take a look about the class info in your app (I don't know a lot about druids :P).

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:39 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:15 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:09 pm  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:25 pm  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:16 am  

Hello fellow druid.
I've checked your application and i think that unfortunately you are not ready for mythic raiding, not yet.

I reviewed your answers to the questions which Zulchi asked. I agree with him in terms that there are too many mistakes that you're doing.
To sum this up i will put down a list where you can improve to optimize/maximize your dps upto like 50%.

- your opener. You open with empowered Rake (meaning you have 2 charges of Bloodtalons procs, went to stealth and prepot 1s before fight starts). Then you don't use Tiger's Fury immediately because it will be a DPS loss. I won't write down the full opener here because my point is to show you mistakes to encourage you to do some more research and read more about it, so you understand it yourself and not blindly follow some1's advice.

- Incarnation should be lined up with Berserk and should be cast before berserk. The point here is that Incarnation is a shapeshift thing and you would've lost 1 GCD over berserk if you'd do otherwise. Also, you should line up your 2nd Pot and your best On-Use trinket (if you have any ofc). Tiger's Fury is used here depending on how much energy you have (as Zulchi pointed out, so you won't loose any) AND depending of how many combo points you currently have.

- Displacer Beast vs Charge. You were almost right here, most of the time Charge will be beneficial. I'm using Displacer Beast as a must on Brakenspore (only mythic matters, 'cause Tide), Twins. Charge - Kargath, Butcher, Kor'agh (on mythic it's debatable, with those fires Blink feels beneficial), Imperator. On Tectus
Not sure why you're using your blink (Displacer Beast) on Imperator though. Charge saves you from Nova's as good as blink does and is even more convenient overall on that fight (you can also charge when you're switching to Warmages etc).

- Bloodtalons vs Lunar. Here you were correct. If unsure (or not comfortable with Lunar) - use Bloodtalons. Personally, i'm using Lunar on Twins and Brakenspore. Tried both variants on these fights, lunar does better job for me (unless you're doing Zerg tacts on Twins, stacking the bosses and using all possible defensive stuff on everything and your group has god healers. This way BT will win by far)

- Double check your attitude to Rip / Ferocious Bite. It's better to spend your BT procs on FB (ofc if your Rip isn't about to expire). You can check top ferals logs and will see that 8-10 Ferocious Bites are the top damage abilities even with 95%+ uptime of Rip (if you have high Multistrike it becomes even more obvious). It won't be beneficial to reapply 15%-20% better Rip (yes, sounds ridiculous at first point). You only want to do it, if the boss just broke his 25% health point (then you do it so you can refresh a better Rip with your FB till the end of the fight).

- Tier 5 talents. Choice is really simple here. If you need a single target Stun somewhere in the fight, you're going Mighty Bash. Otherwise you go with Vortex. Fight i use mighty bash is Tectus (to help with stun on small add. this matters on mythic only). Vortex - Kor'agh (if you don't have enough ranged/healer druids to help with stacking adds in the pool, though you should be the last person to care about that); Imperator - if your tank is kiting adds around. Other fights are irrelevant here.

Other stuff was mentioned by Zulchi already (like Maim etc).

I'd recommend to start using Simcraft and inspect logs from other players (both top ones and those who have similar ilvl as you but doing better. not only checking their rotation but also timings, cd usage, their current stats etc).
Hope this helps.

So there's a /no from me as a mythic raider. Totally fine with a social spot if that matters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, after responses from Web and Zulchi, I'm afraid I'll have to decline your application for spot of mythic raider. I can offer you social spot or to have you join for our group 2/alt run HC raids however, to see if you can improve in that environment.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]