[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Sliinger - Retribution Paladin

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [accepted] Sliinger - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 am  

Character name: Sliinger

Character class: Paladin

Professions: JC And Mining, i have other characters with max level in all of the proffesions.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Im a retribution paladin, ilvl 672 (the armory link says 676 but 672 is the equipped) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... r/advanced

Respeccing: My OS is currently Prot where i have an ilvl of 671. Im also gathering gear for holy, and i know very well how to play all three specs.

Class Info: I started loving ret palas here in WoD, they have finally become really viable, and their rotation is pretty fun and simple and i feel every ability has some weight behind it (except exorcisme, fuck that shit). My rotation goes:
Final verdict at 5 holy power, or lower if everything else is on cooldown.
Executioners sentence on cooldown
Hammer of wrath on cooldown
Crusader strike on cooldown
Divine storm if proc and buff is up (this is moved higher on the list if the encounter has more than one target)
Judgment on cooldown
And finally - exorcisme on cooldown

As for stat prios it goes:
Mastery
Haste (has become almost as good as mastery after the recent buff)
Crit / Multistrike
Versatility

Af for my talents, most of them are set in stone, but i change some from encounter to encounter. Such as the tiers ones which provides me with either an instant movement speed increase, or a general increase. Tier 4 which provides me with the utility to either use divine shield on myself multiple times during an encounter (which can be useful to clear debuffs such as the flames on twin ogron, god forbid should i run into those), or give me the chance to use hand of protection twice, which is very useful during the kargath mythic encounter. And lastely the tier 6 talents, which i change based on if the encounter is single target or multi target for the best dps.

Raid experience: Started playing in vanilla and been raiding since BC on different chars. Downed illidan and first boss in BC. Took down LK after nerf in WoTLK, took a break in cata because i found the expansion lacking, came back in the middle of MoP and managed to go 9/14 in SoO on HC. Im currently 2/7 HM on mythic.

Guild history: Awakening was my first real raiding guild back in BC, i ran with them until some time into WoTLK were i quit due to needing a break from the game, and not finding cata very interesting. I joined the guild Corruptions in MoP which i really enjoyed both socially and because they were very dedicated as myself, but the guild fell apart and i didnt want to find a new guild until WoD came out, else i would propably have dropped an application for you guys earlier. Im currently in the guild "The Silver Core" which i honestly really enjoy, but we run the DKP system where altough it defenetly has its perks, i personally think the loot council system is better for dedicated guilds. I cant lie about the appeal of you guys progression and dedication, i remember seeing you progress on Siegecrafter back in MoP for months without quitting, and thats what im looking for.

Logs of your recent performances: I dont have any logs showing my recent performance, but i can make some from our next mythic run.

When can you play: The raid times fit me perfectly, i can raid every night (sadly), fridays and saturdays dont suit me well unless they have been schedueled in advance, then they too are not a problem.

Where are you from: Denmark - happiest country in the world wub wub

Communication: My microphone has been out of function for some time, but i have a new comming this week so it should not be a problem, and i have no problem talking to you guys :D

About you: Im currently taking a "work year" before starting med school next year, i play basically any game that comes out its my way of blowing out stress, have watched almost every tv series that you can think of, and i atleast see myself as a pretty positive guy :D

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Because i want to raid, and i want to raid hard. I want to experience the hardest challenges this expansion has to offer with one of the most dedicated teams around. I love this game, and i love the feeling of downing a boss after wiping and wiping on it again and again.

UI and keybinds: Well, i have keybound basically every single ability that could be used during an encounter, i havent been mouse clicking since back in vanilla :D As for my UI, i have a very vanilla UI because of how simple it is. I used to tank back in MoP, and then i used all sorts of addons to best keep track of everything, but now that i am dps'ing, i find that i perform best with a very clean setup.

Anything else: In MoP i had one of each class in max level, and i am currently working to get them all up in WoD too, i find that the more understanding i have of each class, the better i become at the game. I have played both dps, healer and tank throughout my time with this game, and i consider myself generally a good and dedicated player. Hope to hear from you soon :)

WoWScrnShot_013015_012331.jpg
WoWScrnShot_013015_012331.jpg [ 343.84 KiB | Viewed 15190 times ]

Post subject: Re: Sliinger - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:32 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Slinger and thanks for applying.

On topic of logs, I'd love to have you provide them - I found some 2 weeks old logs from your guild and what I found was less than satisfactory. I'll have either Viivox or Hs check out class side of your application (ideally after you provide logs).

Your UI setup seems really minimalist, do you use any addons now shown in the screenshot? Are you really able to reach 9 to use Divine Protection easily?

Other than that, I don't really have any big objections to your application.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 pm  

Hey :D
I think i found the logs your refering to, it was our guild first kill on twin ogron, and i honestly focused more on staying alive that fight than maximizing my dps due to a fuck up on the first flames and burning my divine shield early, but it turned out we killed him in that attempt. I have gotten better gear since then, and my dps has improved a lot on that fight. We are not running mythic in a couple of days, but i can PuG a heroic run and show you my performance and damage output from that if you want to see?

About my UI, i use addons that track buff uptime such as TellMeWhen, but not a whole lot more than that. And yes, i can easily reach number 9 (piano fingers) :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 pm  

Site Admin

Log from Heroic would probably be sufficient for what we need to see, so please get on that. :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:08 pm  

Joined a PuG for brackenspore HC, took 2 tries to get him down, then the group disbanded.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a9 ... pe=summary
I can make logs for more encounters if you want more results :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:18 pm  

Hi, could you elaborate on your rotation (as in, why it is the way it is) and where you got it from please?
The 2week old log isn't very impressive, so I will let you get a new one instead of going over that one. First kill blabla etc. :)
Where did you get your stat priority from?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:53 pm  

Sure
Well, my rotation is very selfexplanatory i guess, you want to use final verdict as much as possible since its the most damaging ability. And to use final verdict you need to have 3 holypower which is generated from my other damaging abilities, and i simply try to use the most damaging abilities in a decending order which goes: "hammer - crusader strike - judgment - exorcisme". The most important part of the pala rotation is to never have that moment where all of your abilities are on cooldown and you dont have enough holypower to cast final verdict, which is why you usually dont want to cast final verdict before you have 5 holypower, or all of your other abilities are on cooldown. I got the rotation from, well, both from playing the game, its very self explanatory to use the strongest abilites avaible, but i also check both online guides, youtube videos and by looking at some of the paladins from the leading guilds. And thats the same for my stat prioritisation. Of course i check guides, but i have learned a long time ago that its never a good idea to follow them blindly, which is why i usually test them out ingame my self. If you notice, my weapon enchantment and one of my geams are still haste gems, i tried changing from mastery to haste after the recent buff to see how it would affect my dps in game, but finding it didnt improve but decreased a little bit, i changed back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:34 pm  

Your explanation is a bit off, but I get you :p
Please explain why you have placed l90 talents where you have and why your DS procs are where they are in your priority order

I agree that guides suck, just look at logs and forums and compare :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:22 pm  

Well, on the topic of lvl 90 talents, you get three choices, where one of them is only viable for pvp since a stun like that does not have much use in the raiding scene, which leaves you with two choices. The first one, which i have currently equipped, is best for single target dps, simply put. The other creates an area on the ground that both damages foes but also heals allies a bit, this one is both the most usefull for stationary multitarget fights, and it also brings a little bit of utillity to the table in the form of raid wide healing. I switch between the two on diffrent fights, such as the single target for fights like butcher, and the multi for fights like tectus (although the movement can be a bit of a problem on that fight, it still outweighs the other choise)
The real interesting talent in my opinion is the level 75 talent, if divine purpose is gonna outdo sanctified wrath in terms of overall dps, since the paladin set gear is going to give the possibility to cast hammer of wrath throughout the fight. The level 100 talent "empowered seals" is also going to get a slight buff, and since it is already pretty close in dps comparrison to final verdict, and it is only going to get better as it scales with your gear, maybe that is going to be the new best choice. Im definitly gonna test both out when the patch hits :)
As for the divine storm, there is a couple of factors to take in. After i use final verdict i get a buff where the next divine storm is going to hit for 200% damage, which is close but still not more than a final verdict on single target, so it is not worth it to spend the holy power using it. However, you get a proc where the next divine storm becomes free. This still doesnt mean that you have to spam it since it still does more damage to wrack up the points for a final verdict, but if you time it correctly when your other holy power building abilities are on CD, its a perfect "filler" ability. But this is just single target, when just one more enemy enters the fight, such as with the fungal flesh eaters on brackenspore, the divine storm starts outweighing final verdict, which means you should definitly spend your holy power using it when it has the empowered buff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 am  

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3YJm6Raf9H4AvPV7#

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T3 ... pe=summary

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next