[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] choicerino - resto shaman

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: choicerino - resto shaman
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:10 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:26 pm  

well about the focusing shot i will def try and take it for mostlt fights and i can see the diff between crit and vers but its just that i dont have that much vers that i go for more crit atm :)

single target fight :

black arrow on CD ( on target that lasts for the entire duration)
explosive shot on CD and on proccs ( fired asap)
arcane shot to maintain serpent sting ( and to dump focus)
cobra shot to get focus.
murder of crows on every possible situation where the add will die within the 15 sec duration.
barrage/glaivetoss.
explosive trap is mostly used before a fight and when there is 2 or more adds, i use it in my rotation right around here and i can see my dmg increases.

AOE fight :

explosive shot procc is used on diff targets.
multishot to get serpent sting out on all the adds
barrage
a murder of crows on adds that die before the duration of 15 secs.
explosive trap ( that hits them all)
cobra shot to maintain and get focus.
black arrow on a target that doesnt die within the 20sec of the duration/the boss if that is possible.

for the record its not 90% ivyveins and 10% other players, its mainly icyveins if i look for a quick hint/help for a little problem of a gem and such. But when i look on good players like fatboss i watch his stream when he gives good advice, i look at logs and look through several videos and such. I am familiar with simcrafting but havent really tryied it out this expansion cause the program fucked up last time i used it and didnt think about it tbh :)

hope i answered all your questions :)
cheers "low"/jizzsaw!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:41 pm  

Just a note about using Icy Veins as a guide, it used to be good in SoO, but this was because the game hadn't changed for a good year so all the guides were refined and (mostly) correct. The way IV works is they get some guy in a good guild, who may or may not be the most reliable source for class info, and just have them follow the standard format they have for class guides. The way it is now so early in the expansion, with hotfixes and changes every other week, the Icy Veins guides fall horribly behind with misinformation and outdated instructions, since a large website like that will never be updated as quickly as a forum post managed by one person, and on forums you have the benefit of active discussion in the thread pointing out any mistakes.

In the rest of the app you make mentions of trying talents/priorities and "seeing" if they work or if you "feel" they are better. This realistically doesn't work, ever. No amount of target dummy tests or real fights will get you close to a decent sample size of data to even guess at a best talent. Sims (and in the past, spreadsheets) exist only to give you a reliable way to repeatedly test things with constant conditions, over thousands of times. They don't tell you what's best either, you still have to apply some sort of logic to the results, but they are orders of magnitude better than playtesting.

In your mention of the priority list, there are a lot of nuances you miss, both in the single target and AoE part. THe point of the priority system is to have a clear and predetermined decision tree of what to do and when to do it to maximise every single GCD. So the 'general' priority is never good enough, you want to account for all other factors like procs, multiple cleave targets in your single target rotation, movement, and the rest.

For example, in your latest single target priority list, you have "barrage/glaivetoss" shoved in near the end after arcane shot, and cobra shot. This is meaningless since there's no clear indication when it's correct to use it over anything else. If you take your post as a priority list top to bottom, you would never cast AMoC, Barrage, or Explosive Trap since they are below arcane shot and cobra shot, both of which have no cooldown. You also mention Explosive Trap at 2 or more targets, but again this is below cobra shot on your priority so technically never cast.

If you want to optimise your play, you need a very clear priority list and not just a "hit this on cooldown" type thing. When 2 abilities with a cooldown are available to press, you need to always be sure which of those is better to hit first and why, every single suboptimal GCD adds up to an enormous dps loss.

If you want to retry your priority list now, it starts with:
(1)Maintaining serpent sting on enemy targets if they don't already have it
(2)Using barrage if there's more than 1 target. Notice how neither Explosive Shot nor Black Arrow are the highest priority (even though you STILL hit them on cooldown).
(3)Explosive Shot if Lock and Load has procced
And the rest, I'll let you figure it out rather than just telling you what to do.

P.S. Fatboss isn't very good at all at, he follows the same general info that everyone else does, it's just his guild might kill stuff faster than others.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:34 pm  

well thx for replying but as i said in an earlier post i havent played hunter for that long plus this is an alt i have played for at around 20 hours, so dont judge me if i say you cant be an expert to any class what so ever at around 20 hours of playtime.

i tryied to do the simcraft and it clearly says that my dps is around 29k dps and thats what i am doing in highmaul so either im wrong or simcraft is wrong i dunno...

and for the prio list again then:
(1)Maintaining serpent sting on enemy targets if they don't already have it
(2)Using barrage if there's more than 1 target. Notice how neither Explosive Shot nor Black Arrow are the highest priority (even though you STILL hit them on cooldown).
(3)Explosive Shot if Lock and Load has procced
(4)black arrow
(5)cobrashot to maintain focus
(6)explosive trap

and well i got some good guides out of fatboss and hes reliable on what he says

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 pm  

Sorry, but that's barely a reply. Non LnL proc Explosive Shots? Arcane Shot? Murder of Crows? What do do when Scales of Doom is up? Barrage/GT on single target? You have not even attempted to correct your initial priority list at all.

Just because it's an alt is no excuse to be suboptimal. If you expect to bring the character to a raid with 19 other people you better know exactly what you're doing. Not having played a class for long doesn't cover it. It takes 2 minutes to read the best guide, and 2 attempts on a boss to implement it all. It's not a matter of being an expert, there's a standard you have to uphold and you don't get a free pass or special considerations just because you're on an alt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:55 pm  

well i already did the prio list and im not gonna repeat it again, i didnt apply on my hunter i applied on my shaman and said that my hunter was an alt.

you asked if i could join on my hunter instead, i said yes and i am doing fine dps i fixed a couple of things cynique and such told me but that isnt good enough, what do you expect me to do other then doing what im told on my hunter ???

im sorry but thats too much effort in to an alt i dont even like that much..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm  

Site Admin

It's very simple really, we don't have spot for your shaman, so we are trying to find out if your hunter which you offered yourself is played on sufficient level.

Since you aren't trying to positively reply to criticism Kakoon and Fompe offered (by acknowledging parts of your priority are incorrect) and you don't seem to care about playing your hunter on appropriate level (which you said yourself), just brushing it off saying your dps was good enough, I really don't see where we go from here.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:38 pm  

Well i have it hard time typing in everything i mean, and first og all it didnt go Well when i was raiding with you guys the first time ( you know the reports) Well just stop here and no i offered my hunter as an alt and NOT something that i could play on the same lvl AS my shaman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 pm  

Site Admin

Alright then, I'll have to decline your application in that case.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2