[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] choicerino - resto shaman

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [declined] choicerino - resto shaman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:15 pm  

Character name: the char i have is choicerino

Character class: choicerino is a resto shaman with a OS enhancement

Professions: choicerino : engineering (700) and enchanting (700)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Choicerino - he is a Resto shaman ilvl 667 and armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... o/advanced

Respeccing: choicerino : i can always respec and im really strong in my ele dps but my conclusion to roll healer for this expansion is that i feel like they took the charm away from ele shammys that i liked ( Lightning bolt and mastery) enhancement i played mostly as pvp in mist, but really liked it so to summ it up i can change if the raid needs it.

Class Info: choicerino : resto shaman is my overall best healer choice so far in my WoW "time" i think they offer the best utility and raid CD's with the strong spirit link totem, healing tide totem and ascendance.
ability prio:
healing wave - medium dmg
keep healing stream as much on CD as possible ( with exceptions as if you know when there is coming abit of splash dmg therefor you want to save it for that point)
earth shield - on the tank that tanks the boss/strong add
riptide - im mostly using riptide to give them a HOT and to top up the healing from diff dmg's and for my chain heal to bounce to the most important targets.
chain heal - is used at strong AOE income but is very mana dependant so i use it with care, i always make sure that riptide is up on the main target as the healing gets increased by 25%
healing rain on stacking waves or if there is steady AOE income

my raid CD's is used depending on every fight/situation ( lets say koragh the "expel magic arcane" i will use my Healing tide for the first and some AOE heals, lets say im healing the 3rd i would use my ascendance together with my trinket to get some big and quick heals out. Expel magic FROST i would use my spirit link totem if people was really unbalanced in health so it makes it much easier and quicker to heal them up)
that was the easiest way i could explain it as good as possible.

Raid experience: my raid experience is as below
cata - DS: 7/8 HC
MoP - MV: 6/6HC, HoF: 6/6NM TES: 3/4HC and 4/4NM, ToT 3-4/12 HC and 12/12NM, SoO: 13/14 HC pre 6.0 and 14/14HC after 6.0
WoD - HM: 2/7M 7/7HC

i really liked SoO and especially siegecrafter HC mainly cause i bursted 1,2 million dps on him back in the days hehe :)

Guild history: my guild history is not very long cause since i started playing WoW after a break in WoTlk i started out in a guild for DS on my paladin healer back in cata, was in that for about 8 months and left cause of personal reasons irl.
then i joined "the danish raiders" and was in that guild ever since (around 3 years now) and the guild suddenly disbanded now cause of alot of reasons im not gonna bore you with, but simply people left cause of the GM.

Logs of your recent performances: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lf ... pe=summary
this is the latest i have on my shaman i believe, the problem is that my gear is way better then that atm but feel free to look at it :)

When can you play: i can play everyday from 6:30 - 23:30 so that is perfect for me.

Tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible:
i am working as a mason atm and i work from 7:00 - 16:00 so ill be home everyday at around 16:30 as usual i get online around that.

Where are you from: Represent your country! I am from denmark its okay, but its damn cold...

Age: How old are you? We've had problems with parent enrages and don't really want any more!
I am 20 years old

Communication: Do you own a microphone? Are you okay with speaking using voice-comms (TS3)?
i have a working mic and headseat, TS3 is downloaded as ive been using that for the last 3-4 years for voice communication.

About you: i am a 20 years old mason that works from 7-16 and plays WoW in my free time, i really enjoy play and the main reason i play is if i can raid, im a pretty chill dude that hangs around with my friends in the weekends.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: i want to join this guild cause i talk to a couple of the guys from the guild ( sanky, HS ) and sanky told me that you are some nice guys to raid with, i expect a solid raiding environment and some progress meanwhile.

UI and keybinds: 1-6, S1-S5, f1-f3, t, g, Se, Sspace, Cspace, Sr, ½, C1-C4, mousebutton 1 and 2. see the picture attached to.

Anything else: i will just say that i look forward to hear from you and im sent from sanky/ranky to apply and i bet that he will give a thumbs up for me ive been talkin to that guy for quite some time now :) ohh and btw i can link my video of the 1,2mill burst dps if you like im just proud of it tbh hehe :)

cheers choicerino

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_122114_200647.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122114_200647.jpg [ 526.34 KiB | Viewed 15362 times ]

Last edited by mikkelraakjaer on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: choicerino - resto shaman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:22 pm  

i forgot 1 thing, i have a hunter alt if that is ever needed hes 667 surv hunter :)
cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:30 pm  

Hello Mikkel,

Your application looks nice to me, as you did put some effort in it.
But unfortunately i have no idea how shamans work, so you will have to wait for some replies from our main shamans and/or guild officers.

Only one question to you though:
Are you using any kind of healing addon like Healbot/Grid/Vuhdo (or similar)?
Or you're just using default raid frames with some mouseover macros (as an example)?
I didn't notice it on your UI screenshot.

Thanks.

P.S.: "sanky told me that you are some nice guys to raid with" ...interesting -_-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 pm  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:20 pm  

Hello and thx to answer your question I don't ude any of the adons you describe ( did try heal bot ) th I don't like using it I am more comfortable using the old way to heal through the standard ui. I do not have any mouseover's yet but did think about using some just haven't taken the time to do cause I haven't really needed it yet :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:37 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Choicerino, thanks for applying and sorry it took us so long to respond to you.

Right now, our guild isn't really looking for restoration or elemental shamans to fill in our ranks, however, as you've probably guessed based on us taking your hunter for our Wed run, we could probably use another hunter. I'll thus disregard my critique towards your shaman and its application (there were some holes in uptimes when I opened another run you were in, your Ascendance usage is sporadic, and overall your healing breakdown is rather weird with Surge having top spot - might be just your group being too slow to avoid Blaze damage?).

Either way, regarding your hunter - it's surprisingly well geared, which is definitely a plus. However looking at logs, I can't wrap my head around few things - you are missing alarming amount of Explosive Shot casts, some probably due to lower uptime on Black Arrow (casting it on targets who die too fast?). I'm mainly talking about our Blast Furnace attempts, similar problems were present even though not prevalent on other fights.

I'd like to ask you to give us a quick rundown of how you play your hunter - priority, stats, talent choices etc. Thanks!

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:55 pm  
Officer

Hey and thx for the application, your app is very basic, you dont say anything about glyphs or talents. You dont say anything about stats or wich enchants or gems you should use. You seem to use mastery enchants and gems however you use the weak versions of them, there is no real reason to do that with the gear you have and you should really switch them to the better ones. You also miss a ring enchant!

Im very curious about how you actually heal? Why are you keeping the group there? I dont say anything about having the standard ui but the least yuo could do is having your frames somewhat grouped up. And also do you click your target before healing them?

Anywas i noticed that Cyn was answering just now so i wont go on.

Gl :) //Indrax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:35 pm  

im really sorry to hear that you dont need a shaman healer nor elemental, but yes the groups i was with and prop all the logs you can find is not the best team to step out of things so i had to use alot of healing surge on them otherwise they would die pretty much, but that isnt the problem in other grps, cause the healing wave is more efficient on a longer basis as it doesnt require that much mana to use.

but yes a little App for my hunter i can do -

well my hunter is named "low" now that you guys reported my hunter on the wednesday raid so i was flagged for a name change :(
i play survival and is 669 ilvl

about the explosive shot i dont know why they are at a low number on the logs i dont miss any of them and they are always shot off, the black arrow is really unlycky placed on alot of the adds i do know that, im working my ass off to get that fixed but i dont know if i mentioned it but i havent played my hunter for as long as i have on my shaman so still learning but not as much as i was in Mop :)

stat prio is - multistrike>crit>vers>mastery>haste

talent choices -
lvl 15 - chouching tiger, as that gives me the opportunity to disengage more often and i find that more useful then get a movement speed after a disengage ( as if i dis away i would already be out of the dmg i would take in)
lvl 30 - as in now i go with binding shot but i would go for wyvern sting if there is anything in a fight that needs to be put to sleep.
lvl 45 - iron hawk is my choice here and that is for that reason that i dont have a pet out and the 10% dmg reduction is nice rather then a 22% heal every 2 min
lvl 60 - thrill of the hunt, its a more reliably dmg increase IMO and is better on the dps meter for what i have tested out for a couple of weeks ago.
lvl 75 - murder of crows. the other talents just rule them selves out, they arent really good on any fight. murder of crows have a low CD and is used often to clear down some adds cause of the reset when the target dies withing the 15 sec of the duration
lvl 90 - i use barrage atm, but i cant really figure out if barrage is better then glaive toss or the other way around, i have tryied several tries with changing them both but without any really good results, and everywhere i looked i saw people using and explaining why barrage is better but i still feel that glaive toss is a better choice on some fights like imperator in highmaul.
lvl 100 - lone wolf is the choice for me, i personally like lonewolf and is what i use, i was planning on changing it out with focusing shot but i just didnt have the gear for it yet and im not really sure when and what bosses that is better with focusing shot, i have to look that up some more.

my rotation is as follows -
black arrow on CD ( if the target doesnt die withing the full duration)
explosive shot on CD ( casted right after eachother, as i feel that increases the dps)
arcane shot to keep up the serpent sting debuff and dump focus
barrage/glaivetoss as a filler/more adds
cobra shot to maintain and get focus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALUNARI -

yes i use the weak gems for my shaman and that only cause of 1 reason and that cause i started playing on my hunter suddenly cause the guild needed it and i was just doing pugs again with my shaman i can always fix that but im not gonna do it if im still gonna do pug raids with my shaman.

well yes i click on the players that i heal but i really dont see why i should change the grps anywhere as they are nice placed for me and i can keep an eye up for the fight while i have to heal other peeps, i cant do that if its placed lets say in the middle of the screen of something :)

cheers :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:10 pm  

Site Admin

Oh god, did people actually report you? >_<

"explosive shot on CD ( casted right after eachother, as i feel that increases the dps)" - Yes, it does stack up, but going by the feel isn't exactly ideal.

Just looking at , if I take first part of the part before people start dropping, you are 3 Black Arrows behind (thus also 5 LnL procs) and another 10 Explosive Shots behind (on top of ones from LnL). You are behind on gear compared to our hunters, but there is defo a lot of damage missing just because of missing uptime on those two spells.

I'll poke Kakoon or Fompe to take a look at rest of hunter stuff. I see some things I believe are not correct myself, but I'm not 100% certain. Where do you get your hunter info from?

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:16 pm  

"I'll poke Kakoon or Fompe to take a look at rest of hunter stuff. I see some things I believe are not correct myself, but I'm not 100% certain. Where do you get your hunter info from?"
i get most of my sources from icy-veins and looking alot up on top hunters such as fatboss :)

"Oh god, did people actually report you? >_<"
yes 2-3 people reported me and the problem is that i now have a BIG warning at blizzard and thats cause of a really old ban i got in cataclysm so they are tracking me now so if i just do 1 thing more from now on ill get a 30 days ban and im pretty bumbed about that tbh :(

""explosive shot on CD ( casted right after eachother, as i feel that increases the dps)" - Yes, it does stack up, but going by the feel isn't exactly ideal."
well what i meant was that, that is what i experienced was the best that my dmg output is much better doing it that way.

and ill take a look at my hunter again and ill def be more focused on casting the explosive shot asap when they procc and when it is Off CD. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next