[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Smashface - Fury Warrior

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:01 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Smashface - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:29 pm  

Character name: Smashface-Thunderhorn

Character class: Fury warrior

Professions: Jewlecrafting and engineering

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Which spec(s) are you playing? What kind of gear do you have? Include an Armory link of your character.
Respeccing: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced. i can play all warrior specs skillfully but main with fury. my gear is ilvl 672 and enchanted with the top enchants.

Class Info: i like my class because i have played it for a long time and it has grown with me. my ability priorities are the same as on most websites you could look at, bloodthirst if not enraged when it enrages me i follow it with 1 or 2 wild strikes depending on rage and then the raging blow and then repeat i use execute as much as possible -20% and dragon roar on cooldown i also use berserker rage if bloodthirst fails to enrage me before it drops. i use my cooldowns as soon as they are up unless the fight requires a burst at some point and its near at which point i will hold them off till then. my stat priorities is str, crit, multi, then mastery.

Raid experience: i was 11/14 hc in siege before the mythic release. when mythic release i killed garrosh mythic. and was 5/12 hc in throne of thunder. i didnt start heroic raiding until mists so i havent got any more current content hc kills.

Guild history: i was first in corruptions which was a good hc raiding guild but it fell apart when the leaders left so i joined the danish raiders. the danish raiders were 2/14 hc when i joined them in siege but were progressed quickly through siege making to the same as my previous guild 11/14 hc. but they are now falling apart aswell with some of the better players applying here aswell.

Logs of your recent performances:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/379409/latest#

When can you play: i can play pretty much anytime atm except for 7am-5pm on mondays and wednesdays because im at college but that dosent intercept with any of your raid times.

Where are you from: England FTW

Communication:i do own a microphone and happy to speak on most any communication software.

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; im a real swell guy. if i dont help you its probly because i cant help you. im also very into hats.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: my guild atm is falling apart dropping players left and right and i am capable of doing mythic raiding. and since i want to raid mythic and you are raiding mythic figured id apply.

UI and keybinds: i have a keybind for almost every move i could possibly need in a raid situation. i could list them all one by one but that would take a while. i uploaded my ui and you should be able to see them on there but my main ones have my rotation on 1-5, shift 2 has my berserker rage and shift 1 my interupt and my cooldowns are on shift and ctrl space.

Anything else: nope

Attachments:
File comment: this is my ui
WoWScrnShot_020415_172322.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020415_172322.jpg [ 2.63 MiB | Viewed 13793 times ]

Post subject: Re: Smashface - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:46 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Smash and thanks for applying. Sorry it took me quite some time to respond.

One of our warriors will check class aspect of your application, however one question that crossed my mind is: do you ever play Arms and if so, which bosses would that be on?

What do you mean by being into hats? :D I'm pretty sure warriors will also be asking questions about your talent choices - do you switch your current setup around, and if so, where and why?

Otherwise, your app is kinda short, but from non-class perspective, it contains most of the information necessary.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:27 am  

i did play arms and swap between specs early on during the expansion, but my fury weapons were stronger than my arms ones i could get and would lose me dps going to arms. the fights in highmaul i would do in arms were any bosses with large uptime of only 2 mobs like bracken or twins.

i do swap my talents and glyphs about fight by fight depending on whats best and strongest atm. for example i take rude interruption on any fight where i can interrupt and if i cant ill drop it out for enraged speed. and even tho ravager will produce the most dps on a boss u can hit with it or a boss with adds, it will fall behind on bosses that move alot so ill drop that for anger management.

when i say im into hats, i just own alot of hats. cause hats are cool.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:46 am  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying and sorry about the delayed reply.

Would you mind explaining your stat priority? I am specifically interested in why you would favour multistrike over mastery.

Are there any bosses in BRF where you would prefer arms over fury given equal gear conditions? What spec would you use on for example Operator Thogar?

What can you tell me about Glyph of Raging Wind, Glyph of Wind and Thunder and also Glyph of Enraged Speed? Can you imagine a situation where you would use any of those?

In 6.1 Avatar is slated for a buff (check blue posts for the exact values). What's your opinion/default picks for the level 90 talent row once that goes live?

Thank you in advance for answering.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 pm  

i check sites like noxxic and icy-veins on a regular basis for updates on my class and how the stats shift with gear lvls and changes. i checked before writing this, icy-veins still puts multi above mastery but noxxic is showing everything to be extremely close to equal except versatility.

on operator thogar i would use fury because there is either just the boss or a large number of adds allowing my ww/raging blow. but in equal gear i would use arms on hans'gar and franzok as there is always 2 mobs allowing for sweeping strikes and rend to be used to great effect.

glyph of raging wind is not very good because ww dmg on its own is pathetic and is only used to gains stacks for raging blow. glyph of wind and thunder is also not so great because most thing will be in range anyway and if not having those abilities are very weak. i use 2 glyphs as mandatory glyphs leaving one left to pick and choose between bosses. if i can interrupt i take rude interruption because its just a flat dmg buff, however if i cant interrupt i will take enraged speed cause i am usually enraged and its a nice perk, i also consider death from above if i need to leap more often for something or drawn sword if i need to take an add as dps and dont need to interrupt it, havent seen a use for drawn sword yet but it could happen.

as for avatar when i stack other things with bloodbath they last less or as long as it but with avatar the extra 8 seconds could end up being abit wasted i could run out of rage or my enrage could drop with no way to get it back and its still not as big a dmg increase as bloodbath overall. i would get 60 seconds of avatar 20% uptime in 3.5 mins and i would get 48 seconds of bloodbaths 30% uptime and is easier to stack with other cds like orc racial and ravager. so i think bloodbath will be a default pick unless there is a constant stream of 3 or more adds cause then u would take bladestorm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:38 am  

Site Admin

Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:11 pm  

Never use noxxic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:00 am  

Site Admin

Hello,
we're accepting you on main group trial status. You can poke us in-game for an invite.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]