[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Vlove - Retribution Paladin

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Vlove - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:18 am  

Character name: Vlove

Character class: Retribution paladin

Professions: Blacksmithing,Alchemy

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Ret paladin , I change talents/glyphs according to what's needed in a fight.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced
Respeccing: Currently I can fullfill all roles with either my main or alts to a heroic raiding level(mage,resto shaman, enhance shaman,brewmaster monk, prot paladin offspec). I'd say for mythic I master the specs ret/prot paladin and brewmaster monk.

Class Info: Well I don't know where to start so i'll just jump right into it , I see a ret paladin as a vital ascet of any raid. It offers great utility aswell as insane burst potential. The damage is quite good at this point in time and the class basically involves alot of micro management and also has a very high skillcap which I like alot.
To start off on utility , you basically offer a free cooldown to the tank at any point in time as you can use hand of sacrifice ALOT this expansion ( for instance in highmaul can sac every impale on the butcher). There is many way you can apply this utility and can prevent wipes easily.
You still have HoP at least 2 x every fight which can save healers from adds running loose or just removing physical stacks on a fight on anyone. HoF has limited use in encounters but for instance u can help healers out in fights like imperator where ur freedom will remove the slow debuff.
Paladins also still have that op lay on hands in ret which can save a tank or just save anyone who made a mistake.
Paladin offhealing is still alright especially when you have 3 stacks of selfless healer, this can crit up to 200k so it can save a life and often will.

My rotation is based on priority and proc's so there is no set in stone rotation, yet you always maximize the holy power regen as much as you can while getting asmuch finishers of as you can. I can write an essay about the ret paladin mechanics but i guess that will be abit much of a read for an application.

As for statistical priority I go abit different from the guides out there as I like haste alot more then the guides and general opinion is right now.
I tend to go for Mastery > Haste > Multistrike=Crit > Versatility
I always see that I can get off more FV then any other paladin with this build, thereby it makes the rotation more smooth and as gear levels are at right now haste will never really be hurting you in your rotation. holy power regen = key and mastery is just so op on rets i can't see why any pala would not go for it the scaling is very strong on that stat.

Raid experience: I basically started raiding in Wotlk. I played on Argent Dawn EU during the first real progression raiding I did , I was a prot paladin back then and I was in a guild called The Inner Circle, we basically raided pretty causally at a hardcore phase so we were up there in progrssion yet we did only 2 raid nights a week. lich king is up to this date the best encounter ever in my opinion. (granted i missed raiding in vanilla and tbc). throughout Cata I moved back to thunderhorn where I played before and raided with Hordes Angels and Corruptions. this is where I started playing retribution and found out i liked it alot, I raided hc modes from firelands on through Dragon Soul. During Mop I took a break as it was my final year of school and the expansion wasn't all that appealing to me. I came back for WoD with the intent to raid casually but now that i'm back to topping meters and maximizing gear I notice that I miss raiding at the highest level(mythic).

Guild history: Basically I played in 4 mayor guilds being : Inner Circle (Argent Dawn), Hordes Angels , Corruptions and Demonica. I left corruptions and Demonica because when I came back the guild either stopped raiding or moved server. Hordes Angels I left because my raid team fell apart. And I left Inner Circle because I wanted to join my friends on Thunderhorn in Hordes Angels.

Logs of your recent performances:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... /6/#boss=0
here is a log of my latest HC imperator progression attempts
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1usfc0sid2b7tmfo/

When can you play: I can raid on all set dates. excluding some holidays.

Tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.
Student , so basically lot's of free time on my hands as I only go out on the weekends and do my schoolworks during the day. I also am not bothered to sit a raid on the sideline where I just tab out or go mes son an alt and be ready to join if needbe.

Where are you from: I'm from Holland :D.

Communication: Yes I do have a mic not the best quality however but I can easily talk with the microfone I have. I also have mumble/vent/skype/TS3 installed so whatever floats ur boat i'll be able to communicate! :)

About you: Well as I said earlier I am a student and like the ever so often rave party in town, I also am learning to be an event manager where I organise events and festivals , thereby I really like doing sports like Snowboarding on holidays and play alot of football. I'm a very open minded and a big music fanatic.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Well I have started WoD off raiding casually and I noticed I always top the meters and take very few damage , I also learn fights very quickly and am very prepaired for my raids , yet it is frustrating to then see people around you not being in that state of mind or what you'd call it. I like to be performing the best and I try to know everything there is to know about my class and I would love to put this to practise in some real progression. I feel like I am ready to make the step to a progressive guild challenging for realm firsts again and that's why i'd love to be a part of you guys :).

UI and keybinds: I use all buttons on the left side of the keyboard and 1-12 on my razer naga. I combine this with mouseovermacro's and shift-(insert button) I will attach a screenshot of my UI to this post.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_020415_195612.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020415_195612.jpg [ 124.1 KiB | Viewed 12436 times ]
WoWScrnShot_020515_000205.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020515_000205.jpg [ 247.3 KiB | Viewed 12436 times ]
WoWScrnShot_020515_000802.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020515_000802.jpg [ 246.63 KiB | Viewed 12436 times ]

Post subject: Re: Vlove - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 am  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:43 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:54 pm  

Due to you're lack of attention to my application I'd like to withraw my application.

Best of luck with further raiding. cya guys around.

Vlove

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:57 pm  

Actually, the GCD in and of itself isn't a resource, it's more of a limitation. The real resource is the actual cooldowns of your spells. Your goal is to keep your spells on cooldown in order of priority while not overcapping HoPo. This means your entire point on skipping a HoW to "increase dps" is wrong. Look at it this way: you're not just delaying that one HoW for X seconds, you are delaying every single HoW coming after that for X seconds. Do that enough times and you lose way too many casts of your most damaging ability (HoW hits almost as hard as FV and generates 1 HoPo) Note that this is simplified
The thing you should do if you know the boss is leaving melee range for an extended period of time is to dump all your HoPo then proceed with your rotation as usual while praying you aren't forced to overcap. (You shouldn't dump unless you know you will cap)

I don't know if you just tried to fit as many words as you could into your post and started overthinking things or what, but I'm not impressed yet.

Edit: welp timing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:35 pm  

Attachments:
logs dmg vlove burst.png
logs dmg vlove burst.png [ 46.78 KiB | Viewed 12354 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:45 pm  

Site Admin

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]