[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Kizi - Shadow priest

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kizi - Shadow priest
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:00 pm  

Character name: Kizi

Character class: Priest (shadow)

Professions: Enchanting and Tailoring

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I go for a CoP talent spec (dotweave) and I've started to check out AS as it seems strong in the next patch! :) (671 ilvl) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... izi/simple

Respeccing: I'm going to be honest and say I'm a full out Shadow Priest (671ilvl)! I change my specs between different shadow rotations for different encounters, I've tried healing before and it's not for me, it stresses me out! And thats not why I play this game, it's because I want to enjoy myself! :)

Class Info: I do have some difficulty on understanding exactly how this spec works atm ( not a complete f'cking moron though), sounds pretty weird right? But I think that's why I love it so much, I'm interested in learning about it, I progress in every encounter, I learn new stuff about the class every time I log on, I ask people about it (alot), I read on MMO, I change Talents back and forth, I watch PoV's for better dps on every boss because it's fun improving right? That's why I love not being perfect! Because when you improve your dps and skill in an encounter it just feels so good! :D

Currently I go with Mastery and haste to boost up my single target rotation for bosses in HM ( it helps my Mindspike and Mindblow ), I do a dotweave rotation which is strong in fight's like Butcher and kargath, in other words.. bosses without adds! When there's adds and movement however I go for the same rotation but I change insanity to Surge of Darkness for a more viable movement dps and it helps a lot too when I dot the adds! MORE DOTS!

Raid experience: I was on a rogue back in the Wotlk expansion and i killed 11/12 i think 25man and then i switched to tanking in Cata and killed 3/4 in BoT and started out killing bosses in blackwing, dont remember how many though! then I quit because of too much school and now I'm back for WoD prepared to rape! :D Currently got 7/7 HC HM and 1/7 mythic! :)

Guild history: Don't remember my old guilds back in the Wotlk days because it was on a different account and all but my latest guild was The Silver Core here on wildhammer which had alot of nice people and i fit right in to that group! However i felt like the DKP was a problem, if you missed 1 raid you were behind, ALOT.

Logs of your recent performances: I don't have any current ones representing my dps as it is of now, but my current dps on a movement boss like twins or bracken HC would be around 29k dps!

When can you play: I'm available at most times, sometimes I do need to go to my girlfriend who lives rather far away but that would be like one or maybe two days a week at max! :)

Tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible. I log on every day, my work ends at 17.00 so I'm available pretty much after that! :)

Where are you from: I'm live in the country who made IKEA, Avicii, ABBA, Volvo, Köttbullar, Zlatan, Absolut Vodka, yeah.. this could go on forever, it's Sweden if you havn't figured that out yet! :)

Age: 20 years of age, soon to be 21! No raging parents here! haha :D

Communication: I love talking english with other people, I do own a working headset with mic, and i have ts3 and vent! :)

About you: I'm a 20 y/o male from gothenburg Sweden which biggest passions are gaming and music, I've played drums for as long as i can remember, actually the drums are right behind me as I write this application ( *drum solo*). I started playing video games when i was like 6 or something, the old mario and zelda stuff :D I've been geeking myself into gameworld since then even though I think social life is very important aswell, so you wouldn't necessary judge me as a nerd if you saw me the first time :D

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I love progressing in guilds, that moment when the boss drops below 5% the first time, it just can't be described in motions :D That's what i love about this game, also the social part, using english as the main language is a big + for me because I love to talk english :)

UI and keybinds: My only key-bindings are actually on my death adder currently, as a SP i dont really need more then that and I don't feel like looking in the actionbars to much, I'm rather confident with my rotation and spells :) I do use Weakauras, dbm, gnosis and lesser priest addons! :)

Anything else: I'm going to be honest because that I do think that's who i am as a person, my dps ain't the best in the world, as i said I'm progressing, However i do put alot of time learning fights and a big help is not being a retard, it's like legendary rare that i step in to a mine on say Mar'gok, or stand in like a shockwave or whatever, since i do know my rotation i keep my eyes on the fight, and in the end, survival is more important then maybe 2k dps! :) Kizi out! :)

Post subject: Re: Kizi - Shadow priest
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:54 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Kizi and thanks for applying.

You mention learning about how SPriests work, but you don't really explain anything about your spell priorities. Since you've cleared all the bosses on Heroic, I'd also like to ask you give me your list of priorities on Brackenspore - what targets you DoT, cast on etc.?

I believe mastery priority is viable atm, how does rest of your stat priority continue after mastery > haste? And where are you getting your theorycrafting info from?

Even though you don't have any recent logs uploaded, I took a quick scroll thourgh old ones (~14 days old) and there are some alarming gaps in your dps. Since you say these don't represent your current ability, what have you improved upon?

Non-class part of application seems okay, however I'll need you to provide sample screenshot of your UI please.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:21 pm  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:46 pm  

Hi and thanks for replying so quickly! :)

As for my priority of spells, this is what i do for a single target fight!

1. Always use Mind Blast when available.
2. Use halo and PW: shield when available ( Shield for bonus dps with reflective shield glyph and less dmg taken)
3. Use Mindspike when when I have less then 4 orbs and when and no Cd's available
(if there is any big movement change under the fight, Dot with both SW:Pain and Vampiric touch)
4. If 4 orbs or more, start dotweave rotation ( VT, SW:P ) - DP - Insanity - MB - DP - insanity and back to normal :)
5. when boss is down below 20% I start finnishing with (dots) SW:P - DP - MB and insanity/MF if any of those 3 is on cooldown :)

- That's my prio list on a single target fight, like Kargath or Gruul if you will :)

When I do a movement based boss like Bracken I first change Insanity to SoD.

Then it looks quite like the above rotation, except i go with 3 orbs instead of 4 and use MS when it procs!
I just dot everything I can, and ofc i wanna focus down the spore shooters since I want my 15% increase dmg buff, then i go on to the flesheater and then back on bracken :) So on mythic i might not dot all the sporeshoters, maybe 1 or 2 but i keep my dots up on bracken and the add ( if there is one up) then then i nuke down the spore shooters! :)

Spore Shooters > Fleasheter > Bracken :)

As for the rest of my stat list I would say Int - Spell power - Mastery - Haste - Crit - Multistrike - Vers - Pure DMG, this is not something I've read about or a guide I follow, it just makes sense with my rotation and the abilities I have and use! :) However the priorities might start to change a bit now when BRF is live and I might go follow Int - SP - Crit - Haste - Mastery - Multistrike - Vers - DPS (taken from a guy on Howtopriest.com) since AS will get a huge buff later on and then it's nice to have geared up for that! :) ( hope that makes sense for you guys haha ).

As for the gaps on the logs I would say that was before my time actually digging my self into this class spec, I know that might sound cliché but it's true! Every shadow priest I've met in the past 2 weeks that had better dps then me I've asked about tips and tricks for different fights, one guy helped me with an exact rotation so i fit in my Mind blasts more often, I also got help with when to dot different targets and so forth. For the most which I have improved upon i would say is the dots, I didn't dot nearly enough before, so now it just makes sense too me to dot anything that moves if I'm attacking something else because of bonus dmg and especially the procs for SoD :)

For the final question about my keybinds: I only use scroller, mouse button 1 and 2 because i feel comfortable with that, I haven't tried anything else really so I wouldn't say I'm not up for the challenge, however, I just haven't gotten there :) Next step for me would be to add in "Shift + 1, Shift + 2 and maybe shift + mouse buttons and so forth :)

If there's anything else that you are wondering about or something that i missed please feel fre to ask more! :D

Kizi out!

Attachments:
File comment: A bit sketchy with the Wow original stuff but I might improve it with a nice UI soon :) The important part for me while raiding is to be able to see my abilities, see what's happening in the fight and keep track of my dots and cast timers, and i feel like i get that right now :)
Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 20.51.49.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 20.51.49.png [ 3.88 MiB | Viewed 12348 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:53 am  

Site Admin

Hey, what caught my attention first were your action bars - respectively how empty they are. I don't see Fade or even Mind Sear on your bar, both of which are baseline abilities every raiding priest should use. Also, I believe you have Desperate Prayer selected on armory, so unless change was made for purpose of the screenshot, you are missing that spell on your action bar as well.

Another thing is your lack of keybinds - having to click Halo, trinket or defensive CD such as Dispersion can be really detrimental. I know you say you might expand upon your keybinds, but this is something you should be doing before you apply to raiding guild.

About your rotation - do you really consider Brackenspore movement heavy boss? Case could be made on Mythic with two new mechanics, but even then I doubt SoD would be worth it with only one permanent target to DoT. Also, what is the reasoning for starting your dotweave rotation on 3 orbs instead?

Your stat priority seems really random. I don't believe you have good enough understanding of spriest on mathematical level to guess your CoP stat priority (which doesn't seem to be correct when compared to how2priest sims). Also, your proposed AS stat priority (which you say is based on how2priest) is off as well - it actually seems to me like you copied order of stats from without looking at actual stat weights, since they aren't listed in order. (I don't recall any other stat priority list I've seen using Pure Damage metric.)

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:13 pm  

You're absolutely right when it comes to my actionbars, I didn't have the glyph on Fade ( which I now have ) that's why didn't have it in my action bars because it is very rare that i actually take aggro :) Mindsear on the other hand is an ability i haven't used very much lately but it will definitely get stronger in the next patch with the insanity combo! The only time i would use that is on trash as for now! :) (In BRF there are ofc some bosses that i will need that on).

I don't have desperate prayer as of now, instead I go for Angelic Bulwark! :)

Also scrap me going SoD on bracken, I don't... I go with the same rotation as I wrote first, I just dot to get the extra 15% dmg! ( My bad ) I do go with that rotation on Twins though! Except i scrap the dotweave :)

S-1: Halo
S-2: Trinket
S-3: Shadow fiend

S-M1: Dispersion
S-M2: Fade
S-M3: Interrupt

Mouse wheel up - Mind Sear
Mouse wheel down - LoF

Alt - 1: Healthstone

(This will take some time to get used to ofc, but I'm a fast learner so it shouldnt take mor then a couple of days) And i might add in some more bind over time with "Alt -" but this makes a good start and I already feel comfort with the new binds i've tried today! :)

About my stat weights, the mastery is viable but as Drye says himself I should go for Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Versatility which will be easier to get in BRF :)

Sorry for being so confused! I see now that this application might look like a train wreck but as I said before, I do improve! Only this application has helped me a lot but I do understand if you will decline, but I still got my hopes high! :)

Kizi out! :)

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 13.30.59.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 13.30.59.png [ 4.23 MiB | Viewed 12304 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]