[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Ayo - Survival Hunter

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:27 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [declined] Ayo - Survival Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:32 pm  

Character name: Ayo

Character class: Hunter

Professions: Engineering and Leatherworking

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): At the moment i have Survival and Marksmanship as specs. As there has been much nerfs etc. i have respeced alot the last month. Right now i have some pieces of Heroic gear from Highmaul and some Normal aswell. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... Ayo/simple
Respeccing: I am switching to the spec that is best in the current meta and that does most dps. I know all the specs very well.

Class Info: Hunter is a fun class. Very mobile and has much utility. I like it just of it's mobile dps and damage. In Survival i am trying to cast Explosive shot on cooldown, Black arrow on cooldown too and casting Focusing shot when i see that it's a need of Focus. On cleave fights i usually try to cast Multishot when i have nothing else to do and to hold up the Serpent String dot. Singel target i use Arcane shot as much as i can. I prioritise Explosive shot, Black arrow and to hold the Serpent String dot up using Arcane shot/Multishot. Right now in Survival i don't have any major cooldowns. I just pre-pot and thats pretty much it. My stat priority is ofcourse Agility and AttackPower but after that Multistrike and after that Versatility.

Raid experience: I am currently 6/7 Normal and 6/7 HC. I have got Imp to 15% on HC and have not spent much time in the normal fight. I love the Brackenspore fight. Not only causes it's my weapon drop ;) but just for the thing that the dps is a fun challange cause of the blue shrooms.

Guild history: I have been in No Longer Guildless and that's the only serious guild i have been in. I left that guild cause i was going to join my friend's guild. After that i have been in my friend's guild for quiet some time, but they were not a raiding guild. So yesterday i took the things in my own hands and now i wan't to have a raiding guild!

Logs of your recent performances: I can't provide any logs at the moment but i can record the fights for next week if it is a must. I usually are at 25k dps and more depends on the fight.

When can you play: The raiding times are very good for me and not a problem. I am online pretty much everyday and you can expect me to be online at the most raids if i get in.

Where are you from: Sweden

Age: I am 17 years old and my parents is not a problem when it comes to raiding!

Communication: I have a mic and i have all kind of speaking programs so anything is good for me!

About you: I am a 17 year old boy that lives in Sweden with my family in a big house. I have a girlfriend from 2 years back in time so that, the gaming and my family takes all my time! I study in highschool a program that is a Computer/Network program. Apart from that i am a person that never gives up which is good when progressing and such!

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I really want to explore the new content and want a guild to progress with and achive big goals!

UI and keybinds: I use the normal binds like 1,2,3 etc. and q, e, v. Also i have almost very thing binded so shift 1,2,3,4, shift q,w,e,r and more binds can be found on the picture!

Attachments:
File comment: My ui!
WoWScrnShot_020615_182202.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020615_182202.jpg [ 1.32 MiB | Viewed 14903 times ]

Post subject: Re: Ayo - Survival Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:47 pm  

Hello Ayo and thanks for applying.

First of all, I see that you are tracking trinket procs and scope procs, but are you using any addon to track boss mechanics and timers?

When it comes to ability priority you have completely left out all your talent choices (except FS). I would like to see a more detailed priority list where you involve your talent choices and also give examples on where a certain talent is better than another.

You only mention multistrike and versatility in your stat priority. When comparing items even the less desirable stats can make a difference. If you were to compare 2 items, how would you go about it?

Lastly, is explosive trap worth using in your rotation, if so why and when?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:23 pm  

Hey again.

Yeah for boss mechanics and other cooldowns such as raid cooldowns for the healers and other i am using weakauras. Aswell with that i got DroodFocus which helps me keep an eye on what debuffs i have on me and how many stacks of the debuff.
Sorry for not mentioning my talent choices, forgot all about them but as first talent i am switching between Posthaste and Crouching Tiger. Posthaste is good for fights like Brackenspore for the speed increase so i can remove moss abd Crouching Tiger is good for fights there i need more kiting potential and greater survivalibity. As second talent i nearly always have Binding Shot. Thanks to it's long stun. As third talent i am switching between Spirit Bond and Iron Hawk. Spirit Bond is a boost for the self healing with the passive Survivalist in Survival. And Iron Hawk is good cause it reduces all damage taken by 10% so that is useful in fights like The Butcher were Spirit Bond many not help as much as Iron Hawk overall. As fourth talent i have Thrill of the Hunt cause it helps me to not dump as much focus. Focus is so important because of the 2.3 cast timer on Focusing Shot, which can result in a DPS lost if am not using Thirll of the Hunt. As fifth talent i have Blink Strikes, i have no good explanation for that specific talent choice other then my pet does more damage and can be on the boss in the moment we pull and can so help me with the burst DPS. A Murder of Crows is also an option here but i haven't tried it much. As sixth talent i have chosen Barrage, i like Barrage cause of its cleave damage which is great on bosses like Twins and Tectus. But Barrage is also fine on singel target fights in my opinion. And as the lvl 100 talent i have chose Focusing Shot as i mentioned. I think it's the best choise between the lvl 100 talents as a Survival hunter. Lone Wolf is an option in fightes were you can't stay still the time you need to cast Focusing Shot and Exotic Munitions is just a wierd choise cause Focusing Shot and Lone Wolf will do more DPS in the end.
In this expansion i haven't really had items to compare with since it has only been HC Dungeon gear and Highmaul gear. But in MoP i was always reading forums, MMO Champ and such to get a clue what the BiS items were at that point. Now a days i am always trying to go for as much multistrike and versatility as i can which means enchanting multistrike etc. but when it comes to comparing items now i always try to look on the secondary stats and figure out what i need most in that situation. But as i said, in WoD when i have gotten gear it was always usually an upgrade or a big downgrade.
I think explosive trap is so much work in my rotation to fit in for so little damage. But i am trying to throw some explosive traps in the fights when i feel for it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:07 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Ayo and thanks for applying. I see Fompe already asked you some very good hunter questions, so I'll let him focus on those.

Other than that, you say you are currently 6/7 HC - any experience in previous raiding tiers? Logging your fights would definitely be of help to make it easier for us to decide upon your app.

You are missing enchant on your stage 3 legendary ring, so please fix that. Also using cheap gems is something we frown upon.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:29 pm  

In MoP i was 14/14 mythic in SoO, ran 14 bosses on 1 raid with a Guild on another server that needed a PuG dps that i played with sometimes. Other then that i tanked with my blood dk back in Cata but not more then that. I got the stage 3 legendary ring yesterday so that is fixed. I can buy better gems if that is what you want me to do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:59 pm  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:18 pm  

Yeah i know, it was easy. Killed 7/14 bosses Heroic when it was HC.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:27 pm  

I do agree with you on most of your talent choices. When it comes to the third tier you want to use Iron Hawk as your default choice. In a raiding environment Iron Hawk will prevent a lot more damage than Spirit Bond will heal you for, seeing that your healers want to top your health as quick as possible. For the fifth tier AMOC is by far the best talent and you should not be using Blink Strikes. Even when just using AMOC once every minute it will be the best talent, and with good management on certain fights you can get a lot more uptime with this making it even better. You can use Stampede for some very rare occasions when you really need the burst. You want to use Glaive Toss for pure single target fights like Butcher and switch to Barrage for fights where you can hit atleast 2 targets with it, making it the most common choice. Focusing Shot is the best choice in last tier and especially so on AoE encounters due to the high focus cost on our AoE abilities.

Having talents out of the way, you mention that you have not been comparing many items this expansion and that you were reading on forums. It is important to be able to check things out by yourself aswell and not just listen to others. Do you have any experience using simcraft for example?

Using explosive trap correctly is a dps increase and you should not just be using it when you feel like it. I'll give you three examples of this:
1. If you happen to be focus starved during movement you should always use explosive trap if it is off cooldown, instead of doing nothing during the movement.
2. Using explosive trap the right way will help you to follow your ability priority. Lets say you have 30 focus and your explosive shot comes off cooldown in about 1 second. If you use an Arcane Shot you will not be able to cast Explosive Shot right when it comes off cooldown because you will be focus starved. If you begin to cast a Focusing Shot you will delay your Explosive Shot. So what you should be doing is simply throw an Explosive Trap on the target and immedietly after cast that Explosive Shot as it comes off cooldown. Same goes for AoE if your Barrage is about to come off cooldown. It might feel a bit clumsy at first, but when you get the hang if it it will be well worth it.
3. If you know that some adds are going to spawn on a certain location you can cast your Explosive Trap on that location beforehand to maximize damage output on the adds. An example of this is Beastlord Darmac where you have to kill the beast adds or mythic Imperator Mar'gok when his Arcane Aberration is about to die.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:43 pm  

Thanks for the help! I will try to use the explosive trap in my rotation now after you have told me this. I do not have any experience using simcraft. Is that something you recommend me to take a look at?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:35 pm  

Yeah why not? It is an easy way to compare 2 items instead of reading posts on forums where everyone can post whatever they want. It is always a good thing to be interested and involved in your class and gear choices etc :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next