No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kâpow Survival Hunter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:36 am  

Character name: Kâpow
Character class: Hunter (Survival)

Professions: Engineering and Leatherworking

Lvl 15: Posthaste or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera. Depends on what kind of utility I need.
Lvl 30: Binding Shot.
Lvl 45: Iron Hawk. Nice passive to have.
Lvl 60: Thrill of the Hunt.
Lvl 75: A Murder of Crows. Stampede might be a better choice once patch 6.1 lands.
Lvl 90: Barrage. Great AoE damage. on bosses like gruul or butcher I do use Glaive Toss instead.
Lvl 100: Focusing Shot. I have been trying Lone Wolf out alot, but it just isnt worth it compared to Focusing Shot.

My Ilvl is 674.
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... w/advanced
I played Marksman before switching to Survial and I am willing to switch again if needed or if another spec becomes better.

Class Info:
I like hunters cause they are a ranged class with good mobility.

What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? Include your ability priorities, info about cooldown usage and your stat priorities.

Ability priority: Blackarrow > A murder of crows > Explosive shot > Barrage/Glaive Toss > Explosive trap > arcane shot.

Stat priority: Agility > Multistrike > Criticalstrike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste

Raid experience: I did 7/7 Highmaul N/HC - 9/10 Blackrock foundry N - 5/10 Blackrock foundry HC

Guild history: I've only played in Ad finem and I feel our raids are a bit too casual.

Logs of your recent performances: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pD ... /#fight=28
When can you play: I can raid everyday.

Where are you from: Denmark

Communication: I do own a microphone, but I'm a bit shy so probaly won't talk much.

About you:
I'm a 21 year old guy from Denmark. I use most of my time playing computer games. Don't really know what else to say tbh.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
I want to improve myself as a player/raider and to raid in a more serious environment with dedicated people.

UI and keybinds: I have all the useful abilities binded.
Anything else: Well I like to play wow.

Attachments:
Kapow.jpg
Kapow.jpg [ 2.3 MiB | Viewed 10725 times ]

Post subject: Re: Kâpow Survival Hunter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:09 pm  

I can say from my experience that Kapow is a great player, I dont know much about hunters though so good luck :D

btw nice ui ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:36 am  

Alright, first of all, Versatility is veeeery slightly better than crit for SV, they're almost equal but technically Vers is better. For SV, Glaive Toss is not worth using AT ALL on single target, and under very specific conditions Barrage is a single target increase by about ~100-200 dps in BiS gear. So realistically, you take Barrage and only use it when there's more than 1 target to hit, and don't use it at all on single.

Just to get a better idea of how well you know your spec/class, can you go through the SV priority in full detail? No need to be concise, be as elaborate as possible, including Barrage and AMoC, and how ToTH procs and Scales of Doom procs change your priority. Also a typical single target opener GCD by GCD.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:32 am  

Okay then, well first priority should be to have serpent sting up as much as possible.
second priority could be four things:
A) If LnL is up it would be explosive shot.
B) If ToTH is up with scales of doom proc I would do arcane shot.
C) If more than 1 target I would use Barrage.
D) If none of the above is up I would go for explosive shot.
Third priority is Black arrow, It's a good followup to explosive shot because I have the 2set bonus.
Fourth priority is either:
A) If ToTH is up I will do arcane shot.
B) If ToTH Is not up I would do AMoC.
Fifth priority would be arcane shot to dump focus.

My opener will typically be prepot AMoC into explosive shot, then arcane shot for serpent sting.
I would then do black arrow followed by three explosive shots from LnL and then followup with my priorty rotation.

Also I did know crit and versatility was almost equal, but I didnt know versatility would be a tiny bit better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:10 pm  

As you already know, you got accepted. Just wanted to leave that in the thread so people don't think we ignore our applicants :p

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]