[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [Margathn Arcane/Fire - Mage]

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:09 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Margathn Arcane/Fire - Mage]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 pm  

Character name: Margathn

Character class: Mage

Professions: Engineering, Tailoring

Current Character - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... tho/simple

Mage that I’m applying on - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... thn/simple

Respeccing: For mage I’m more than comfortable in all of its specs and will most rotating between fire and arcane for current content

Class Info: I’ve been in love with Mage said I first adopted the class and WoD has just made it all the better (maybe not the alter time changes) The talent system has really made arcane flourish and ofc the ridiculous tier set floating around blackrock things like prismatic crystal, Supernova and Incanter’s Flow are some spectacular talents that really change the playstyle of Mage and definitely for the best and honestly my favourite addition has to be Amplify Magic a Weird obsession but it can be a life saver in raids as it comes to rotation and cooldown usage my rotation goes as follows,
Opener
Pre-pot
Precast Arcane Blast
Cast Arcane Blast until 4 stacks of Arcane Charge
Prismatic Crystal
Use Heavy CDS and Trinkets
Arcane Missiles (if 3 charges)
Supernova
Arcane Missiles
Presence of Mind Arcane Blast
Arcane Blast if over 50% mana
Evocation if under 50% mana

Calm Phase (No Crystal/CDS)
Arcane Missiles (if 3 charges)
Arcane Blast (if you have 4 stacks and have 93% or more mana)
Arcane Missiles (at 4 stacks)
Arcane Barrage (at 4 stacks)
Arcane Blast

Raid experience: I began raiding in Cata where I went 6/7 HC Firelands and 8/8 HC As my original Mage and DK Tank and instantly fell in love with both classes, Highmaul I went 4/7 Mythic and Blackrock Foundry I'm 10/10HC this current progression are on UH DK however I'm not happy with the classes current state and want to roll back to my mage and well obviously they’re over preforming and all do so and want to contribute to the team as possible while enjoying myself as well.

Guild history: I Began in twilight Justice – Azuremyst however unfortunately me and the other raid members decided in MoP to disband the team, then I took a break mainly through MoP and joined some friends over at Nether – Twisting Nether merely to get SoO curve before WoDs release then in WoD I began in Stark industries and my time has been great there however they’ve no needs for mages atm and my dk suffers on many fights and would really like to move to a guild where I could show my full potential on a class I love.

When can you play: Fortunately I’m free during all of your scheduled raids times and Monday if need be and I shouldn’t have any attendance issues
I'm Online most days from 5-10PM and 3PM Onwards on weekends

Where are you from: UK

Communication: I own a microphone and have teamspeak installed on my computer

About you: Currently as ICT study inside Northern Ireland moving to London next year to study Computer Science, I’ve been playing wow for the last five years after venturing to the ‘PC masterace’ and it’s been my hobby ever since along with cycling!

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I’ve noticed you guild has some great steady progression and seeing as you have mage slots open I thought it was the perfect opportunity to shine.

UI and keybinds: Key Binds can all be seen clearly on UI. Image

Anything else: Happy to play my 681 DK during progression while gearing the mage on HC runs, Nothing to add here just thank you for considering my application

Post subject: Re: [Margathn Arcane/Fire - Mage] UI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:49 pm  

UI upload incase of error

Attachments:
Mage.jpg
Mage.jpg [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 33821 times ]

Post subject: Re: [Margathn Arcane/Fire - Mage]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:39 am  

I'll focus on the mage part. Opener and general conserve seems fine, other than a couple of things. Arcane Missiles at 3 stacks of arcane charge instead of arcane blast is incorrect, use blast till 4 before using missiles. Technically, the whole AM at 3 stacks instead of Blast is only a dps increase when you have less than 70% mana at the time to shorten the burn, so in practice, you never do this. Also since you have the 2pc, I would burn till you cast the AB at around ~66% mana and use Evo immediately after that cast so you go from about 57% mana to max.
How would you go about using Supernova charges during the conserve phase, say if you had Incanters Flow instead of Rune of Power? Also what is your knowledge of the current stat priority as arcane?

Seeing as you will be switching between Arcane and Fire depending on the fight, could you talk about your talents and rotation for that too? Preferably in a cleave/multitarget situation since that's when you would be playing it over Arcane.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:44 pm  

Arcane Development
I can indeed, and thanks very much for that point at the beginning I’ll be testing it out right now and hopefully reap some of the benefits, I’ve currently got a weak aura set-up to track my Incanter’s Flow for both this and my entrance into the fight, which I’ll embed below now when it comes to supernova I preferably like to have 2 stacks ready as I hid crystal phase again however obviously I don’t want dead charges not being used since it’s hits ridiculously hard and has good generation on missiles so if I have at least 26 seconds till my next crystal and I’m at the full 5 stacks 20% damage increase on Incanter’s Flow I’ll pop supernova for the extra damage spike and stat priority is simple I literally didn’t even think to mention it, currently it’s Int-Mastery-Haste-Multistrike-Crit-Versatility however in Blackrock foundry with most of the gear you’ll find that you’ll end up with more crit than haste, however that certainly helps with fights when fire is better.

Fire Overview
For Fire it’s cleave is truly beautiful and a lot of fun for talents I’ll be going with living bomb, Incanter’s Flow and Kindling as my main set up this is due to rune of power being quite useless in most cleave situations, kindling is for the reduction of combustion which usually comes out as the highest aoe output and it’s great for the reason and lastly living bomb is used for it’s great high aoe damage when spread with inferno blast all targets. For the actual Rotation mainly focused on its aoe, I get up my living bombs get a pryroblast up for the dot then inferno blast combustion inferno blast then flamestrike and I make sure to let living bomb expire and expire and explode and get it instantly back up and carry on with have my 100% up all dots while letting living bomb explode.

added note If I'm glyphing dragon#s breath I'll be using it on 5 plus targets, I'll be trying to get 2.5k+ Ignite along with the obvious heating up proc while I have pyro, with a fireball+pyro after to try and get another

Attachments:
2bd50e4b23eed0b3f66ce4af2a4da49f.jpg
2bd50e4b23eed0b3f66ce4af2a4da49f.jpg [ 570.89 KiB | Viewed 33764 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:09 pm  

just i need to ask a question.i dont know any thing about mages but i cant even see healing tonic binded in ur UI.i know its ur alt but thats not good:D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:16 pm  

Regarding fire mage, What ignites would you consider combusting at? you could just say when you get pyros but if that last pyro does not crit it can drop your ignite by quite a lot. since you have 2P how would you get a huge combust with cleave? Have you ever played single target fire and if so please say as to how you would spec for this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:05 pm  

Just have the healing tonic on one of my hidden bars didn't think I'd need a visual display, when it comes to combustions I tend to like hitting around the 7k mark on ignites as it gives me extremely solid dps and when firing off my pyro before setting up for my combustion I throw a fireball in to try and grab another crit and I have that spare inferno blast for a another pyro, fortuntely when I get my 4 set this non criting pyro won't be any issue for cleaving at all and no I have not played fire single target properly as I just dislike it's playstyle and fortunately I haven't been forced into it yet due to frost or arcane being better, so I wouldn't be happy going into depth with it's full set up except for this rough overview,

Opener:
Pre-Pot
Precast Pyroblast
Cast Fireball till Heating Up proc
Cast Inferno Blast to generate a Pyroblast proc
Cast Fireball till Heating Up proc
Cast Pyroblast
Cast Meteor
Use any remaining Pyroblasts
Cast Combustion

Obviously the 4 set is going to give a strong steady combustion due the criting pyro spam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:40 pm  
Officer

Im sorry for the delay, you will have an answer today as latest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:40 pm  

Site Admin

Hello there, thanks for applying and sorry about the delayed response!

I know nothing about mages besides the fact that none of them can use Iceblock, but I was told that class-wise your app is fine and I don't see any other problems with it. We're accepting it, you can poke us in-game for an invite! ;)

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:04 pm  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next