[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Mitchda - Retribution Paladin

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mitchda - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:37 pm  

Character name: Mitchda

Character class: Retribution Paladin

Professions: Blacksmithing / Alchemy

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I play exclusively Retribution. I'm currently in mostly Heroic BRF with a few lower items and a couple of mythics.

Respeccing: I don't currently have any experience in other specs beyond Melee DPS in raiding. I could try out healing but would require some practice beforehand.

Class Info: Retri Pallies are fun to play because as gear level grows the speed at which your play increases. There is also a decent skill level required which I always enjoy. Abilities during single target are often Execution Sentence, Hammer of Wrath, Crusader Strike, Judgement and Exorcism up to 5 holy power, or until all are on cooldown, then it's Final Verdict/Templar's Verdict depending on the fight. If I'm using Final Verdict I burn Divine Storm procs with the buff up. For multitarget I use the same type of priority system, with Light's Hammer and Hammer of the Righteous replacing Execution Sentance and Crusader Strike respectively. For seals I switch between Seal of Truth for single target up to 3 targets, switching between to maintain the dot. For 4 or more I use Seal of Righteousness.

For cooldowns DPS I use Avenging Wrath since I tend not to spec into Holy Avenger and Seraphim. For others Hand of Sacrifice is used glyphed on tanks in emergencies, Hand of Protection of certain fights either on myself or others as needed.

For stat priorities I usually use sites like MrRobot and Icy Veins to inform my decisions. At the moment my current priority is Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility.

Raid experience: I've done a collection of bosses when current, from most of BC's bosses in TK/SSC pre nerf and MH and BT post nerf. In Wotlk I was involved up to Normal mode in all levels of content. I wasn't involved during Cata and most of Mists, but was present for SoO on release, clearing Normal mode (now Heroic) and completing a few bosses on Heroic (now Mythic) before the item squish. I've done all of these as melee DPS as various classes, including Rogue, Druid, Shaman and Paladin. Probably my favourite boss is Gruul from BC, if only because he makes such daft noises.

Guild history: I've been in a number of guilds over the years. In each I was involved in raiding in some way. Some other guilds I've been a part of have been Left Hand Path, Massacre and Banana Revolution. I usually ended up leaving guilds due to raid groups falling apart during progression, only once taking an extended break from the game at the start of Cata.

Logs of your recent performances:

When can you play: I can arrange my personal schedule to accomodate either of the teams you have.

I am usually online on the afternoon since I work full time, so I'm usually around by about 6:00PM GMT.

Where are you from: England, tea and crumpets and all that jazz

Age: 29, though I can provide no guarantee my mum won't still rage for some reason.

Communication: Yes, and you will never get me to shut up once I do start chatting.

About you: I am an absolutely ridiculous individual. I make stupid jokes, say stupid things, generally if there's someone saying something that makes voice coms groan, chances are it's me.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I'd like to be able to maintain a regular raiding schedule to keep in touch with the current raiding content throughout the expansion, and also to spend time with fun people and get to know others.

UI and keybinds: I try to minimize the number buttons so I don't have to move my hand away from the movement controls. On my mouse I have my interrupt and Divine Storm hotkeyed for quick access.

Anything else: Probably not, no. My hands are cold.

*not pictured; actual raiding

Post subject: Re: Mitchda - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:09 am  

Hello, sorry it has taken so long to give you a reply, our ret paladins have been involved in work/holidays and are not online. I will make sure you get a reply by the the end of the day, probably by our protection paladin Hs
Abyss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 am  

Harro, I'm wondering, when do you swap seals? As in which specific fights, the logs are a bit inconsistent
Other than that, you're either super unlucky or you're not making proper use of your procs

I would like to try you out at least. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 am  

I've only just recently made the move over to using Divine Purpose since I wasn't aware of the benefits with the 2 set bonus. I've also been adding some gubbins with WeakAuras to help track things better. I'll be online tonight and will try and contact someone when I am.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]