[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Marlous - Guardian Druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Marlous - Guardian Druid
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:52 pm  

Character name: Marlous
Character class: Druid

Professions: In progress atm.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Main spec: Guardian , Off spec: Feral 654 ilvl Armory:
Respeccing: I´m able to respec to feral for dps, but I dont have any gear for balance or resto atm.

Class Info: I like to tank as druid since WotLK, because it wasn´t as mainstream tank as others and it was just more fun for me. I also like druid for his CR, mobility and good usage.
My abilities : I start fight with FF and charge on boss then Mangle+Maul macro to gain aggro and stack Lacerete x3, Pulverize and again stack Lacer on x3 and meanwhile Maul + Mangle and trash as the main source od dmg/aggro. + Frenzied Regeneration when taking heavy damage to help the healers. Also using Stampeding Roar for raid movement.

CDs: Offensive: Berserk - Good AoE Mangle dmg to 3 targets.
Deffensive: Barkskin - Main deff ability, reduc dmg taken by 20% and crit chance taken by 25%. It has just 1 min CD so its very good deff CD for various phase of encounter
Savage Defense - Increase Dodge Chance by 45% and it has 2 stacks, which is very good since stack CD is just 12s, however it costs 60 rage. Very good deff ability to dodge heavy meele dmg.
Cenarion Ward - Pretty good healing ability which can heal some dmg and got only 30s CD.
Survival Instincts - Shield wall that reduce damage by 50% for 6s and got 2 recharges. Very good ability to reduce heavy incoming damage.

Raid experience: I just started playing on WoD, so Im not really experienced in this content, I got 8/10 HM Normal and 2/10 BRF Normal , I know thats pretty weak, but you need solid PvE guild to make some progress.
I killed every raid on WotLK and Cata. I wasnt able to do live raiding on MoP and now Im trying to do in on WoD.
Best experience from raiding is killing The Lich King or progressing mighty Ulduar.

Guild history: My last guild was cz/sk guild without any activity so I left it hoping to find PvE guild with solid raiding.

When can you play: I can play any day except for Monday, Wednesday and Sunday due to my work. But it can change sometimes. But I would like to start normals to be able to progress for HC/Mythic.

Tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.

Where are you from: I´m from Slovakia (nice girls, vodka, High Tatras :D) but I´m currently living in Denmark.

Communication: I do have microphone, TS3, Mumble, Skype etc.

About you: My name is Lubo, I´m 19 years old student of Computer Science in Denmark. Living with friends, students life :D Enjoying time out with friends, at work, playing basketball, traveling and spending free time at home relaxing at the PC.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I want to join mainly because I like raiding and progressing. You cant really enjoy PvE content on retail without solid guild. I like to meet new people and do crazy stuff.

UI and keybinds: You can see my binds and my UI at the screen.
Screen:

I know I dont have best eq and best WoD progression, but I would like to improve but its almost impossible without solid PvE guild. Thank you for reading my application.

Post subject: Re: Marlous - Guardian Druid
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:25 am  

Hello, your app looks good, I will have Webdev look at the class specific part of your app as he can help you out there more than I can :). One criticism I have however is your availability, we raid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, which doesn't fit in with your work schedule. If you would still like to raid however, we are currently making a group2 headed by Geser, which is in need of classes. It will probably be made up of group1 alts and other more casual raiders in the guild.If this interests you /w Geser in game for more information.

Abyss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 pm  

Hello fellow druid.

I reviewed you application and it looks pretty ok from my side. But i have some questions.
Can you explain why are you using Mangle+Maul macro? On HC/Mythic you don't really use Maul that much, at least not dumping all rage onto it. It should be used only when it procs (free rage) or when you're about to cap full energy (just so it's not wasted). Or when you aren't actively tanking any targets (like Imperator phases). Right now, guardians take much damage comparing to other tanks and they should use their active mitigation and self heals as much as possible.
To have Savage Defense up is pretty much a must when you're actively tanking some boss which does hard melee attacks on you that can be dodged. Otherwise you dump all rage to frenzied regen.

Another thing. Can you explain your talents and glyph choices.
As for talents i'm interested in tier2 talent. Do you always go for Cenarion Ward? It's a great talent if you're using it on cooldown, also very convenient since it allow you to use it on the other tank if it's needed. Extra CD is always good. But, if you're not using it on CD per fight, the passive from Ysera Gift will pull ahead it seems. I only used this one (CW) on imperator fight and mostly due to my specific job there and other tanks' spike damage taken.

Talents:
1) Maul - this one is very good. no reason to skip it :)
2) Fae Silence - i suppose you just take this as it can can be used as an interrupt sometimes?
3) Barkskin - i'd skip this one. it seemed like a very weak passive stuff.

Can you think about some other glyphs you would choose?

I checked your UI, some keybinds look weird to me though :) But the main thing which maters is whether they are comfortable for you or not. I really like that you're using mousescroll there, good stuff.

Before you answer some questions and officers will decide the verdict, i want to note that, currently we have like 3-4 tanks which still remain active for our relatively small group. This means that most probably you will not be tanking and will have to go offspec. Also, you can't attend 2 out of 3 our main raid nights, which means we can't really rely on you on progress (although it does not affect any decision).

That's all from me, thx.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:32 pm  

Hey,
thank you for your replies. I got Mangle and macro for mangle+maul, I´m using maul when there is 2nd target next to boss or on trash, on signle target encounter not rly using it that much. I always frenzied reg when I got enough rage and below 50% hp. Savage defense is on meele bosses essential. I got CW mainly because I dont have usually pretty good healers in raid/ group and it can sometimes help them pretty much since I use it almost on CD. But there is no problem changing it, if you suggest Ysera Gift. I didnt really upgrade my glyphs, but I can also change that. I got Fae mainly cause interrupt for trash mobs and Barskin because I´m using it to mitigate dmg from heavy damage taken encounters almost on CD. Dont worry about my keybindings, they suit me perfectly, also I got every spell I need on bind so its practical for me. Also got about 10 binds on my mouse alone. I have no problem going dps, but I wanted to go mainly some alt runs since Im not geared enough for you hc progression I think. So for now some normals and maybe hcs would be perfectly fine for me. Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:19 am  

Thanks for your replies, everything's clear now.

/yes from me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:54 pm  

Thank you. So can I ask you about your verdict? Or should I just wait?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]