[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - LooseNoose - WW Monk

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: LooseNoose - WW Monk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 pm  

Character name: LooseNoose

Character class:
Wind Walker.

Professions:
Skinning, leather working.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
As of today i have 685 gear.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ose/simple

Which spec(s) are you playing? What kind of gear do you have? Include an Armory link of your character.
Respecting: Being able to play multiple specs or classes is very helpful for many reasons. Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them?
Are you willing to switch to them if needed?
I'm sad to say that I know nothing of MW or BM.

Class Info:
The WW monk is the class that most resembles Bruce Lee, therefore it should be widely accepted as the coolest class.
Alas! it is not.
But i have taken it on myself to advocate the wonderful class that walks the winds.

On a more serious note, being a fairly new player, very very new compared to other players, i'm not very confident in my knowledge but i'm figuring things out at a steady pace.
Regarding stat priority i honestly have no better source than Icy Veins, I haven't done enough theory crafting to be totally confident so i'm not surprised if im wrong.
Agility.
Multistrike - With the 4 set bones and so on it makes alot of sense.
Crit - Moar damage is best damage, multicrits!
Haste - More energy = more Bruce Lee.
Mastery - I sure do love TEB.
Vers - generally i try to avoid vers.
I have seen alot of WW's going for vers but as i said, theorycrafting is not my strong suit, so i try to keep things simple.

Opening/big dmg!
I always make sure to start with 5 chi.
Prepot on 1.
Chi wave + Xuen on pull.
Flying serpent to baddie face.
TigerPalm -> RisingSunKick -> BlackoutKick -> 2xChiBrew ->TigereyeBrew -> (Trink)FistsOfFury -> Serenity -> Bruce Lee(Blackout Blackout Blackout).

On priorities i try to make sure to:
ToD when possible.
TP buff 100% of the time.
RSK debuff 100% of the time.
Serenity + keyboard destruction with 10 Brew stacks(the more trinkets the merrier).
FoF with 10 Brew stacks(In the same 15 sec as Serenity if possible).
Xuen whenever ready.
Blackout Kick.
Energizing Brew when ready and not in danger of energy/chi capping.
Jab whenever it makes sense.
Chi wave if there's nothing else to do(no energy/chi, i use it as a sort of GCD inbetween).
Dot from Blackout kick.
Expel harm if damaged(deals a bit more dmg than Jab).
Chi brew to reach Chi stacks or Brew stacks enough for Fists.
Arcane torrent(Blood Elf Master race <.<) for that 1 extra chi you need for Fists.

That's more or less it for the single target(2-3 with SEF) rotation, thou i'm sure I've forgotten something very important.

On multiple targets i honestly haven't had much practice, and i'm not a big fan of chi explosion either.
I have tried switching to RushingJadeWind in fights that are very AoE focused, but my priorities stay more or less the same,
the biggest change would be using RJW as much as possible with TEB stacks 2 SEF clones out. To be fair i haven't compared RJW
to standard SCK spamming, but last time i raided i noticed it's potential when paired with SEF and Energizing brew on heavy AoE moments
(Like Beastmaster's slur of pets).

On talents.
Tiger's lust is great, helps chasing the boss, get from point a to b.
Chi wave is a nice filler spell, also works well on BlackHand phase 2 when you're in the stands for a little healing.
Chi Brew is awsome for getting TEB stacks quickly, i used Ascension when i started WW because it was hard for me to manage.
Leg sweep is awsome for some AoE fights (ex. beastmaster).
Diffuse magic is a lifesaver in some situations(stacks from Imp's branded).
Xuen or Rushing Jade wind. Tiger for few targets, Jade wind for many(not really sure about that anymore).
Serenity, turns me into a 10 sec mini-gun loaded with feet(Haven't had much practice with Chi Ex so i tend to avoid it).
It feels like switching Serenity out for Chi ex is not a good idea since it destroys any hope of single target dps for the rest of the fight.
Specifically i'm thinking of Operator.

Raid experience:
To be completely honest, i more or less started playing WoW in this expansion, so previous experience amounts to next to nothing.
I played hunter in cata for about a month, did some LFR Deathwing and not much else before i stopped playing.
This expansion i picked up the slack somewhat, atm i'm raiding with Ad Finem, i'm 7/7 HC HM, 10/10 BRF normal and 8/10 Heroic.
Still no mythic due to lack of well geared guildies.

So, i would say my most memorable moment was downing HC Imp the first time.

Guild history:
I Joined Ad Finem because alot of my IRL friends were in the guild, and being more or less completely new and alone is scary :(
I like the guys and gals from Ad Finem but recently with the release of BRF, me and some of my aforementioned IRL friends have been feeling like the guild raids aren't really getting
as far as we want them to go.
We have been talking a lot about finding a new guild with players we can really learn from (I say "we" a lot but i can only really speak for myself).
I'm also tired of being the only "kinda okay-ish WW Monk" in the guild, since i can't really compare to anyone and honestly i have no idea if i'm even "kinda okay-ish".
In short, i like the people and atmosphere in my guild, but it lacks a lot in the progression part i'm looking for when it comes to raiding.

Logs of your recent performances:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BD ... amage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ra ... amage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2L ... amage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bL ... amage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1696
When can you play:
I don't have any planned evening activities so i'm available most nights of the week.

Where are you from:
Denmark!

Communication:
I own a decent mic and i have no problems speaking in voice-chat.

About you:
Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!
Hello and thanks for reading my application. My name is Anders Hoffmann and I study Computer Science in Esbjerg, Denmark. I strive to be as nerdy as i can, meaning i watch Anime, read Manga, play lots of video games, and yeah, study computer science. Occasionally play some basketball with IRL friends, great fun.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
I think the biggest reason is that i'm looking for a more dedicated raiding guild, also i want to raid with my friends, and they're all applying so i decided to give it a shot.

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment.
q, e, z, x, f, 1-6, ½, shift1-5, ctrl1-5, alt1-5, mouse btn for trans and transfer.
Tri is just using pot with Serenity, on some fights its switched out with normal Serenity.
Ult is Fortifying brew and ToD, again sometimes its switched for normal.
Det selects myself and uses detox.
I have a macro for Trans and transfer that lets me use it easily, bound to my mouse.
I have a mouseover SEF macro, don't really like using it it so i tab around targets if i cant click.

Anything else: Hope you got a good impression from my application and i look forward to your reply!

Attachments:
Ui.jpg
Ui.jpg [ 627.68 KiB | Viewed 29850 times ]

Post subject: Re: LooseNoose - WW Monk
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:56 pm  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:36 pm  

Hello and thanks for your reply!

What i meant by icy-veins being my only source of information i should have been more clear.
When i first started i followed the guide they have more or less to the letter, but as i got better
it got more and more irrelevant. So icy-veins was my starting point is what i meant, i guess that's
also the reason my priorities are so messed up :b

On stat priority i think you're probably right, and i don't really have any arguments against
the prio list. I will be practicing with Chi Ex and Ascension, but i don't really have the gear for it
since most of what i have has multistrike and very little haste.

I'll be sure to try and use Chi Wave on cd if it makes sense :b

I do use weakauras, and i do have 2 icons to
1. keep track of how many clones i have active and
2. see if my current target has a clone on it.

And again thx for the reply :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:07 pm  

Well, as you may know, you're accepted as a trial :p

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]