[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Preheal - Disc priest

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Preheal - Disc priest
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 pm  

Character name: Preheal

Character class: Discipline priest

Professions: Tailoring/Alchemy

15: Angelic bulwark, for mythic i will change to desperate prayer, and spectral guise is situational, depends on the boss
30: Body and Soul - i enjoy having the utility of speeding other ppl up asap to help them out instead of the angelic feather
45: Power word solace - i use this too regain my mana and to gain stacks for Archangel
60: situational
75: Power Infusion - a haste increase and a mana cost reduction for harsh situations - by far the strongest talent here.
90: Cascada - Aoe healing cd, always used when off cd do to the low mana cost and casting time
100: This is very boss dependent or healing priority dependent, i really like using CoW since i go full mastery, but for some fights like blackhand i dont think its that great, so in fight like these i use Words of mending

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... l/advanced

I am currently gearing a little for my holy spec, but i mainly play Disc, but if it's needed i will respec holy
Current Ilvl: 688

I like my class a lot it is probably the class i've played most as in the game - i always played holy up undtil at the start of this expansion since i considered holy priests weak at the time, but right now they are quite strong.
For priorities

For a healer i think how you priorities your spells is situational, but ofcourse there is some huge priorities.

Power Infusion - situational, good to use as often as possible, but since you learn the fights through wiping you will also learn when it is best to have this cd.
Pain Supression - if i am told or if there is a certain point in a fight it is needed
Power word: Barrier - when i am told or when it is needed
LoF - if im told
Mass dispel - only seen 3 places so far where i actually can use this. trash before bracken / Trahs before imperator and Darmac beastlord.
Silence - if needed

i can use these abilities when you want me to, or else i will use them at will when i think they are needed in the fights.

always keep these of cd

Penance
PoM
Cascada
Solace
Archangel - i want to use this if a great aoe ability is about to hit the raid if not i will simply use it when it is up.

My main abilities of choice

Solace - Archangel stack
Penance - Archangel stack
Mending - Always good
PwS
Cascada
PoH - due to high mana cost i dislike this ability, and that is also why i want the 4set bonus (currently only 2 set)
Flash heal - emergency
Smite - Archangel stacks if it is needed or just for deepz

My current stats unbuffed

1823 Mastery
768 crit
735 haste
352 mult
133 vers

I am using mastery since i prefer the shields over the regular healing spells.
I am currently trying too find the balance in my stat priority for me.
But i think i might need some more crit, or atleast some pieces i can swap out to get a better amount for certain fights.

Former Raiding:

Raided every expansion, i played on a different account back in the past
on this account i raided a little in Cataclysm and a lot in WoD so far

Favorit boss: I really liked teron gorefiend, tho ghost thing was funny :D

Former guild: Ad Finem
there is not enough progression, i am looking for a little more than casual 8/10 hc raids where we keep gearing new people up, i wanna try the real deal, mythic!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mA ... xt#fight=5

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ra ... C4#fight=8

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ra9NZkTWzMcmVgC4#

all 3 tries from 29/3 2015

When can you play:
I am pretty active, i am online every day and i can probably play the most days that i am needed.
expect me to always be there on raidtime if i signed up.

Where are you from: I am from Denmark!! and i live in the fifth greatest town in Denmark called Esbjerg!
I moved a lot so i actually lived 6 different places in Denmark so far, more places in the same city.

Communication: yes i have a working mic, and i do have voice chat for raiding.

About you: Hello guys! my name Jesper and i am 23 years old. During the weekdays i go to school and atm i am trying to get started at some training so i can become more energetic.
I use a lot of my spare time on WoW, CS, Anime and Basketball
I have 3 sisters - atm i am living together with one of them since it greatly helps both our economys
I DISLIKE getting yelled at very much since it is something i had trouble with since an early age.
I enjoy talking to nice people with great behavior.
Mainly a happy fellow!!
serious when it comes to progress raiding.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?

I want to progress with a bunch of guys who is on the same page as everyone else, who wants to make it further into the content.

Anything else:

I hope you like the applications, and i hope to hear from you as soon as possible!

Cheers!

Attachments:
File comment: My UI
gsrefse.png
gsrefse.png [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 41326 times ]

Post subject: Re: Preheal - Disc priest
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:30 pm  

Hiya,
Your app looks pretty good to me! I understand why you prioritise mastery over crit due to your use of CoW. However, you should try keep a balance between the two stats as they benefit each other nicely.

Only thing I could criticise is your use of cds like leap of faith, that spell is a god send and must be used frequently! Also power infusion since having a rather small cd should be used basically off cd to conserve mana.

That's everything I have to say really, seems like you do understand the class!
Abyss

Last edited by abyss on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:40 am  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 am  

Hahahahahaha sorry I don't know where that came from, edited so I don't make tanks sound good

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:45 pm  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:47 pm  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:28 pm  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:21 am  

Sorry Preheal about this random replies,

Your application seems decent but can you please provide screen shot while in combat also are you using mouse over macros or not.

About the stats Prio like abyss said before but also crit is best stats for disc since you are geared now.At the start of the expansion Disc couldnt afford to play crit with this shitty gear in highmaul so they went with mastery which was much better at start.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]