[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Eiscold - Holy priest

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eiscold - Holy priest
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 pm  

Hello No Skill Just Luck!

Eiscold - Holy Priest

Professions: Enchanting 710 / Tailoring 617

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... old/simple
This is the armory link to my priesto!

Talents: Spectral Guise. It's nice if you get aggro and specially for maidens. For progression fights i use Desperate Prayer because it functions like a healing tonic, panic button. Angelic Feather is pure personal prefference, i like it more than Body and Soul. Mindbender purely because of the amount of haste i currently have. Mindbender scales with haste, which means that the more haste i have, the more mana is returned to me every auto attack. Not only is it more mana efficient for holy priest, it's also only one global cooldown per minute instead of Power Word: Solace's 6 global cooldowns every minute. Mindbender is a huge winner here. Void Tendrils is also a personal prefference. I've seen some people use psychic scream and also using dominate mind for some fights, and i will look into that at some point but haven't really given it too much thought.
Divine insight. This one is really interessting! Twist of Fate is really a good talent for progression if the uptime of it is atleast 60%. I'm currently using Divine Insight because i have the 2-set bonus for Prayer of Mending. It works quite well. Power Infusion, well i haven't given it too much time and experimented with it but it doesn't seem interessting to me as my mana is really fine at the momemt and i don't like it :p
Cascade! I really like this one, when alot of people are taking huge aoe damage, i try to predict when that happens, and use Cascade first followed by Divine Hymn. Divine hymns effect which increases all healing done by 10% boosts Cascade while it's bouncing around!
Divine star seems to be a nice choice for maybe Gruul and Oregorger because of people stacking but again i haven't given it too much practical experimentation, Halo just seems pure bad in my opinion :/
lvl 100 talent! Words of Mending is so good, i can't even say how good it is, I currently have 3-set and when i get my 4-set bonus this talent will without a question be the best one. Clarity of Purpose was recently buffed but meh. (Not even going to mention Saving Grace here.)

Respeccing: Well i leveled in Shadow, I liked shadow, and i played shadow on my priest. I have nothing against it, else than i really enjoy playing holy. Progression is progression and i will do what has to be done to down bosses, if it's going shadow or respeccing to disc. (But have really nice stats for holy right now so please don't force me to do it! XD)
Class Info: I love priest. I'm a Semi-long time rogue player, i really enjoyed them, but my friends and guild told me to play healer because i had one, and i kinda felt inlove with healing again. I really enjoy the flexibility of Holy Priest.

Cooldown priotities: Well as it is right now i use Prayer of Mending of cooldown, since it's really good with the 2-set and i'm getting 4-set soon. I use it mainly on tanks as they take damage quite often so the spell is sure to bounce of them and on the rest of the raid. Depending on which group (ranged, melee) I put it on the group which is going to take damage in the nearest future. I really like using it on both tanks before the pull as well. Circle of healing is popped when ever atleast 3-4 people are going to get healed by it. Renew is being used on people that are taking damage, are not topped of or as a pre-hot for people that will take damage in the nearest future. Divine Hymn is using whenever i want to top people of between huge aoe damage, and when ever my raid leader asks me to. Guardian spirit is being used as a life saver, if i see a tank low enough i will just use it to make sure he survives so we don't waste combat ress. Also a cooldown used according to the raid leaders instructions. Lightwell is super awesome to put down before pull, just standing there healing people needing it most. It's also nice to put it down way before a pull timer if there is alot of damage early on in a fight (fx. blackhand) so it's ready of cooldown quickly. Prayer of Healing is the spamable circle of healing, and it's being used if there is alot of aoe damage on the raid if circle is actually on cooldown. I like using Prayer of Healing together with Binding heal and flash heal as they give Serendipity stacks which make this expensive spell affordable.
Heal is used to top people off if there aren't many injured people currently in the raid, and it's nice to get divine insight procs. Binding heal is used for almost the same purpose, besides the fact that it's healing myself at the same time.
Cascade is used of cooldown if people are not topped of. Also during Divine Hymn. Sanctuary is just a meh spell that i use if people are stacked, otherwise it's not worth mentioning anywhere unfortunatly :(.
I use Sanctuary Chakra under progressive aoe damage and when i'm assigned to raid healing. I use Serenity Chakra when assigned to single target healing or when it's really needed.

1. Circle of Healing/Holy Word: Serenity (Depending on which kind of damage is applied and when)
2. Prayer of Mending
3. Mindbender
4. Renew
5. Depending on Serenidipity stacks and mana
- Prayer of Healing/Flash heal-Binding heal
6. Heal
This all depends on the situations.

Stat Priorities:
Multistrike > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Versatility

I'm not currently 100% sure about this, as it's something i have been theory crafting alot on but i'm not 100% sure. Multistrike is insane because of our holy spec. Haste benefits for mindbender, renew and global cooldown which makes it really good. Mastery is amazing for echo of light mastery, unfortunatly this doesn't work on renew, which is the reason it's below haste. As it is right now i want spirit on all my gear as and trinket as it's an amazing thing to have as holy priest. I'm willing to listen to people with more knowledge and experince with priest than me :]
Raid experience: Uhh i killed the entire normal dragon soul and morchok on heroic. (oh my god such skill!?) Nah our guild at that moment was shit haha!
Ad Finem was my warlords of Dreanor guild and we have cleared the entire highmaul on normal and heroic, which was pretty nice! We have also cleared Black Rock Foundry on normal and 8/10 heroic. No Mythic at the moment unfortunatly which is why i'm writting this application. Memorable bosses? Well that's hard to say, i really liked Impregnator as he was a nice boss, i enjoy running around Hanz and Franz as well as it's a mini game for me not getting hit by the preassure plates!

Guild history: Super Nova in my Cataclysm times was my first real guild and was also when i started playing wow. Then i joined a guild i don't remmember the name of but quickly left because all my other friends stopped playing.
Ad Finem was my first realy progression, hand times, getting gear, downing bosses guild. I've learned alot and made alot mistakes in the start. I've become a much better player since! I'm looking forward to be playing with Nsjl now :]

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9F ... gs&fight=3
You wanted logs here you go! You're welcome to look check out more if you like, there should be some more out there.

When can you play: I'm a no lifer, so don't worry about me not having time lol :p

Currently i'm on vacation in Poland! So don't expect me to be online before thursday! I'm on battlenet though.

Where are you from: I'm from Poland, but i have been living in Denmark for almost 12 years so i'm basically a Dane! Besides from the actual fact of me being a dane, i'm proud of being a polish guy ^^

Age: I'm 23 right now. If my mom calls me during raid i won't take the phone if it's progression raid don't worry haha!

Communication: I've already spoke with you guys on teamspeak, i have a Steelseries headset with a microphone so there shouldn't be any problems there.

About you: Well i'm a huge nerd. I love theory crafting about games, watching anime, playing games with friends. Competition is what drives me in games. Picked up basketball some time ago and i quite enjoy it playing with my friends! Generally i'm a nice person i think :3. If you want my facebook to see how i look just ask!

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
Progression baby! Also most of my friends playing wow are applying at the same time as me so. Raiding is fucking awesome and you might have enough people for mythic really soon and i'm looking forward to that!

UI and keybinds: I'm really sorry but I'm currently not able to upload my UI as I'm on vacation, but will do as soon as i'm possible!
Anything else: Uhm this should be under here i guess. I'm sorry for this wall of text! Please survive xD I'm really bad at keeping things short x]
Cheers Eiscold

Post subject: Re: Eiscold - Holy priest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 pm  

hey there :)
sorry it has taken me so long to reply, just want to say your app is very good and it is evident you put effort into it even though you have raided with us before.

Stat priority is fine, although it seems your main reason for going haste as second best is due to its benefit to mindbender. I find that holy should be going with surge of light as it provides a lot of throughput for the class and there is a lot of synergy with our renew/circle of healing spam. Due to this reason I think you should aim to get two spirit trinkets (either proc or stat) as going with this talent removes any opportunity to regain mana in combat (excluding mana pots).

Also, i dont think you should disregard power infusion completely. Although it seems your mana is fine now doing heroic runs, when we stabilize again and start doing mythic you might not find yourself in the same position. Fights like blast furnace provide great strain on a healers mana and power infusion could come in handy for you, however I like how you make use of divine insight, instead of just sticking completely with PI like most others.

These are the things I just wanted to point out to you, having been in a raid group with you I know that you understand the class well and are open to any tips people have to offer, and for this reason I have no problem accepting your app and inviting you to raid with us.
abyss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:19 am  

Thanks for the fast reply!

You say my stat priority is fine, but i'm not entirely sure if haste is better than mastery because of echo of light. I have been in doubt about that, but i went haste anyways. About the surge of light talent, i've tried it out but just found the proc unreliable, and mindbender is just sure mana everytime. I will change to surge of light now and try it for sure, you're probably right about it being much better for throughput specially now that i have alot more stats. About trinkets, it was my plan to begin with to go with the spirit trinket with multistrike from Furnace, and the one from Blackhand. Because of me taking surge of light instead of mindbender, it might seem a good idea to try and play with Power Infusion even more.

Cheers Eiscold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:32 am  

By the way! This is a screenie of my ui as promised. I'm mostly using weakauras to track small and bigger cd's like Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing, Lightwell. Also Serenidipity stacks and Words of Mending procs. I am using the standard wow raid ui, as i dislike healingbot and grid, but i'm open to try new addons out if needed.

Cheers Eiscold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:16 am  

Mastery can be good for progression however since renew doesn't proc it haste is therefore better. As well as this, mastery can overheal quite a bit, making it a waste.

In regards to trinkets, the BF and blackhand trinkets are almost essential for SoL/DI spec however feel free to grab oregorger and beastlord trinkets for when your speccing PI/mind bender just for the extra healing and when mana isn't a problem.

As you may have noticed you have been accepted as a trial, feel free to ask me anything else in game.
Abyss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]