No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Choboo - SV Hunter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:42 pm  

Character name: Choboo

Character class: Hunter

Professions: Engineering(624)/Leatherworking(689)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):

Talents
Tier 1: Poothaste or Crouching tiger, Hidden chimera.depends on the bossfight
Tier 2: Binding shot
Tier 3: Iron Hawk/Spirit Bond this depends on the fight. If it's a boss fight with alot of aoe and you don't stay at 100% hp most of the fight I take Spirit bond over Iron hawk
However if the damage spikes hard but not that often I'll take Iron hawk
Tier 4: Thrill of the hunt
Tier 5: Stampede
Tier 6: Barrage
Tier 7: Focusing Shot I've tried LW but prefer FS over it

Ilvl: 686
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... o/advanced
I played marksman at the start of the expansion but changed to survival have tried BM but haven't been much raiding after i've gotten my 4th set piece. I can ofcourse change to BM if that is what you want

Class Info:
I've always liked the class but didn't level one to max untill the end of MoP. I really enjoy having a ranged class with mobility and also like the extra tactics they get because of their good moblity.

Stat Priority : Agility> Multistrike> versatility>Critical Strike> Mastery> Haste (Versatility and critical strike are quite equal but versa is slightly better)
Opener: One use Racials + explosive shot-> Stampede-> Arcane shot-> Black Arrow-> Explosive shot(Lock and load proc)

Rotation: Single target
1. Explosive shot (LNL proc or if the 4 piece set bonus isn't up)
2. Arcane shot (If TotH and scales of doom proc)
3. Explosive shot
4. Black arrow
5. Arcanshot (extra focus dump)
6. Focusing shot

Two targets
Almost the same but barrage and explosive trap comes in
1. Explsoive shot(lnl...)
2. Barrage
3. Arcane shot (ToTh)
4. Explosive Shot
5. Black Arrow
6. Explosive trap

3 targets and aboce
1. Explosive shot (LNL or 4th piece isn't up)
2. Barrage
3. Multi-shot (Toth + Scales proc)
4. Explosive shot
5. Black arrow
6. Explsoive trap
7. Multishot (focus dump)
8. Focusing shot

Raid experience/Guild History

My raiding days didn't start untill TBC when I started raiding Karazhan we weren't the most hardcore guild but we did manage most of the content back then. In Wotlk we switched server to ragnaros and made the guild Hypnotized, with that guild we downed Naxxramas
ulduar, ToC. And when it came to ICC we merged with another and eventually after hard work we managed to get down HC-LK. When Cata hit I switched server again( either silvermoon,ragnaros,outland or sylvanas) dont remember wich one and did some raiding I didn't quite
like this content so I took a break I came when MoP hit and did the two bosses of the content but didn't like that either. At the end of MoP we decided to create the guild The Silver Core and it worked out quite well but sadly it has gotten to the point where we cant
raid anymore because of we don't have enough members

Logs of your recent performances: Don't really have any logs of recent peformances since it haven't been much raiding all I got is some old outdated logs from HM mythic (hope it helps)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/35764 (go back to january)

When can you play: All the time tbh.

Communication: Yup

About you:
I'm a 19 year old guy from Norway love computer games and always try my best to become better at it.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
Well since my old guild disbanded I am currently looking for a guild that can progress on an above average level so yea :D

Anything else: I currently have 4x at level 100 Hunter,Dk, Paladin and Priest I haven't looked that much into the other classes than my hunter. I also have every other class at 90+

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_033115_193950.jpg
WoWScrnShot_033115_193950.jpg [ 591.97 KiB | Viewed 25993 times ]

Post subject: Re: Choboo - SV Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:00 pm  

Hey there! Sorry about the lack of attention to your application, I was away for a few weeks, I hope you're still interested in joining.

I wont critique the specifics of your SV priorities too much, you've been comprehensive enough as it is, you know what you're doing from the looks of it. What I would like to talk more about is spec choice. Is there a particular reason you choose SV over MM/BM? I know you mention you are willing to respec, and right now all 3 are viable in Foundry, but I'd like to hear why you prefer SV over the others. You don't have to go and regem to try BM and answer, just any argument for SV being good on mythic foundry bosses is fine. Or if you don't actually prefer SV but just haven't changed specs, which spec do you think is best for each fight in BRF on mythic?

Other than that, just a comment on keybinds. I know everyone has weird keybinds that they have just accumulated over the years and changing them would just be uncomfortable, but why do you have a 5 min CD spell bound to Q? Seems like a waste of an easily accessible bind for a spell you press twice in a fight.

Post subject: Re: Choboo - SV Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:11 pm  

Hey Kakoon

So the reason im sticking with SV is simply because it's the spec I enjoy the most simple as that :D

However when it comes to the BRF Mythic boss fights (which I haven't looked that much into so correct me if I'm wrong at any point)

Gruul: Tbh all the specs could work here the only problem during this encounter would be SV with Focusing shot as you may have to cancel your focusing shot and have alot of downtime.

Oregorger: As I have noticed before I feel like SV with Focusing Shot isn't really the best option here as your pet goes mental and starts running around. So I would probably say Marksman during this encounter because of the high critchance on targets above 80% so the boxes would go slightly faster down

Beastlord: I would probably go survival here since you can easily just DoT down the packs coming, this depends where the boss is standing in the room but lets say the packs are coming and the boss is standing on the opposite side of the room BM hunters wouldn't have much that much aoe dmg during this encounter.

Kromog: Survival I feel like this encounter could be a survival fight I'm not that known how good the cleave dmg in BM is but I got a grudge that you can do slightly better in survival during this fight.

Hans&franz: either MM or BM I believe MM is good because chimera shot cleaves here. However I could also imagine survival beign viable for this fight.

Flamebender: I would say BM for this fight. I've done it flamebender a couple of times as Survival with focusing shot and I feel like it just isn't a Survival fight.

Operator: Probably BM here

Maidens: I would probably take MM for this encounter especially if you're on boat duty. Careful aim quite often and you got kill shot in execute phase wich helps out alot.

Blast furnance: For this fight I would stick with either BM or MM, SV isn't that bad for this phase but when we had some tries on this boss I felt like the elementalists didn't get bursted fast enough so I would MM for that small burst onto the elementalists.

I don't really have anything to say when it comes to Blackhand. Haven't tried the fight so don't have any personal opinions on it.

When it comes to my keybinding on Q that is mainly because I had Murder of crows on that key earlier and when I swapped to Stampede it automatically ended up there then I just sticked with it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]