No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Chillern - Fire/arcane mage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:14 pm  

Character name: Chillern - arcane/fire mage. I have a 640 Protection Paladin alt.

Character class: Arcane / fire mage

Professions: Enchanting & Tailoring, both maxed.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... n/advanced

I usually change between arcane and fire, it depends on the boss we are facing, i will always use the spec that gives the max dps possible for that boss.
I like to play both as arcane and fire, and i have no problem respeccing / gearing for any of my spec's.

Class Info: I would say mage is a strong dps class this expansion, and i love playing as a mage. This is my first expansion that i have played a dps class, and mage was the obvious choice.
i used to play as a holy paladin in every expansion since TBC. I love my class because of its single target damage and aswell as AoE damage, you got so much to work with and rotations and cooldowns makes it really fun!

Arcane rotation: pre-pot, 4 arcange blasts to build charges, prismatic crystal , 2 supernova, continue with arcane blasts on prismatic crystal or arcane missiles. stay around 80-90 % mana at all times.

Fire Rotation: pre-pot, precast pyroblast, living bomb, fireballs, hope to get 4 piece proc / a lot of pyro's, cast combustion. keep castin fireball keeping dots up and combustion whenever it fits.

I have to different gear sets, one for arcane where i focus on mastery / multistrike, one for fire where i focus most on crits. i dont really gonna go in detail, i know my class well enough.

Raid experience: My best moment was killing Ragnaros in Vanilla, Archimonde in TBC + illidan.
i have cleared everything on heroic in WoD, some mythic bosses. We couldnt get more people to join our raid so we had a hard time doing mythic at all..

Guild history: Im currently in The Silver Core, i have some irl friends there and some of us have applied to this guild because we cant get enough raiders to join our raids, and we really want to raid :D. So atm i / we are leaving the guild to be able to raid again.

Other then that i raided a lot in TBC with a guild called Mystique on Outland server, semi-hardcore. Raided in the start of MOP. Ive always raided casually in the other expansions.

My logs run way back to january 2015 in HM.. i have grown as a player and as a dpser since then, i usually sit on top 3 DPSers in the guild at the moment.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 2250365/6/

When can you play: Mythic team will be raiding 3 days a week: Wednesday, Thursday (both starting 19:45) and Sunday (starting 18:45) , ending 23:00. Monday could also rarely be used for rescheduling.
Heroic group will be raiding on Monday and Tuesday, starting 19:45 and ending 23:00.

I can join most of the days, sometime i have to work on thursdays, but not always. If i sign up to a raid i am always online before and ready to go atleast 15 minutes before the raid.
Im trusted and if i sign up you can expect me to join.

Where are you from: I am from Norway, like most in The Silver Core. Love gaming, done it for years. Usually cold here in Norway so a lot of time is spent on the computer :D

Age: i am 22 years old, you dont have to worry about any parents, haha.

Communication: i own a microphone and i dont have any problems communicating over TS3.

About you: I am currently a student, studying to get a degree in construction engineering. I love skiing and hanging out with my friends, drinking enjoying life really.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: What i am most looking for is a dedicated and focused raiding enviroment. Since we dont raid everyday i expect everyone to
be ready with tactics etc before raid to maximize our time on the bosses and getting progress!

UI and keybinds:
Arcane: http://i.imgur.com/fZvjqgT.jpg
Fire: http://i.imgur.com/8n8Vp2r.jpg

Anything else: I am open for questions and anything else you would like to know! if i forgot or missed something i will gladly answer it!

Have a nice day

- Chillern

Last edited by Chillern on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chillern - Fire/arcane mage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:35 pm  

Hello!

First of all I would like to ask you a few questions

Arcane:
Your rotation on arcane seems a bit incorrect as you did not mention when you should evocate and when you should not.
Do you know the cutoff for when to arcane blast and when to arcane barrage/arcane missiles

Fire:
Please tell me when you pyroblast and when you dont.
You say you combust whenever it fits but when is it suitable to combust?
I see that you have 4 set so when do you use inferno blasts and when do you not?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:52 pm  

Hi thanks for the question!

I forgot to mention evocate yes.. with the set bonus i get faster casting speed + lower cost of arcane blast.
If we start of an encounter with bloodlust etc, i usually do my normal rotation untill i get to about 50-60% mana, 1 tick of evocate to get the buff
and continue my rotation. Evocate also lines up with my prismatic crystal CD, so i usually nuke my prismatic crystal and going down to 50-60% mana, i would use my evocate.

Fire: i pyroblast whenever i proc + heating up is up, to get 2x chance of another pyro proc.
I usually try to start off fast with a combustion to get the CD on, i usually combust after a 4 set piece proc.
I really like using kindling aswell to decrease my CD timer on combustion. And ofcourse its suitable to combust on more targets and spreading it with inferno blast asap.

With the 2set bonus i get 2 inferno blasts. If there are many targets at pull i like to spread my Living bomb and keep one inferno blast, hopefully getting 4 proc + spreading inferno blasts twice then and combustion on the second target. Other then that i use inferno blast whenever i can proc my pyroblast and whenever i want to spread my living bomb. inferno blast is all about spreading the dots and getting procs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 am  

Would you ever go to 50% mana with no bloodlust and get 2 ticks of evocate instead of 1?
When would you use Arcane Missiles over Arcane Blast during your burn phase?

With the set bonus from BRF you dont bank a Heating up and a Pyro before fireball + pyro, you dont do this because you will end up sitting on 2 inferno blasts for too long and it is just wasted damage

Getting a fast combustion isnt always the best way to do it (depending on the boss fight), on pull you usually want to get a combust at a high enough ignite as this is is the point where you have all of your trinkets, bloodlust etc up and getting the big combust on pull is very important (even more so on cleave fights which is what you will be playing fire for most likely)

With cleave fights how would you use your 2 set to get the biggest combust possible?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]