[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Mornel & Isoldrath

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 pm

Post subject: Mornel & Isoldrath
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 pm  

Greetings, I / We would like to apply to the raiding part of the guild if possible :) sooo lets see if I can do this right.

Character names: Mornel (me) & Isoldrath (Missus)

Character classes: Mornel is a oldschool Combat Rogue, and Isoldrath is a Frost dualwield Deathknight.

Proffesions: Mornel is a Leatherworker and Skinner both 700. Isoldrath is a Enginerer & Blacksmith also 700 skill both.

Talent Specs: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent ... 020!JNSRQP (Mornel)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent ... 011!UJonjs (Isolde)

Class info: Uh why do i play Combat rogue, I have always done that, I always loved the whole dualsword thingie and harshly refuse to use fistweapons and alike, and I have been playing combat rogue since vanilla. ooold character. Missus, have been playing her DK since they were released, its her baby she nihaos everything on that char and is a worse geek than me ;) .

Raid Experience, hm apart from lfr, I havnt raided for real since wotlk, where I was officer in a large guild, it collapsed when MoP came out as everybody i know more or less stopped playing. Missus was part of that guild as well, altho she is not as experienced as I have been.

when can we play: generally all days apart from wedensdays for me, I have a social life there being a club member of nerdyness. missus can generally all days including weds.
and time fits fine around 20 pm as we have a little baby girl who is tugged to bed around 19:30 :) .

Ages: I am 34 and the geezer is 3...something ;) and we are parents our selves so no trouble here.

communication: I have a mic and can use it, missus does not, but since we sit 5 inches from eachother it shouldnt be a problem really.

about us: well what else can we say that isnt said, we like gaming, but also have real life because of the little one and such.

why do we want to join? to get back into raiding again and being social, being the only two members in our own bank guild is not so exciting.

UI and Keybinds: I use none, and my UI is quite standard, I use required addons (DBM etc) but else as little as possible, I am of the old school and think addons are a bad excuse for lazyness.

Anything else: hm guess not, as said we are down to earth grown up adults and expect mature people, of course we can be silly and all that too, and we of course have to expect sometimes to pehaps need a second afk if the little one wakes up or so.

Regards from Mornel and Isoldrath.

and thanks to Dahlia for helping out through board creation ;)

Post subject: Re: Mornel & Isoldrath
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:21 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Mornel (& Isoldarath ?) and thanks for applying.

Since you are applying for raiding spots in mythic I assume (that's the raiding part of our guild), I'll just go over everything that I believe needs to be improved in your app and issues I see with having you join us.

First of all, I understand why are you creating application for both you and your wife, but it makes thing really hard for us. If we were to ask her anything about DK, would she reply or would just be paraphrasing her words? Next thing about communication is that we expect everyone to have a working microphone, even if you sit next to each other. Some boss fight mechanics simply require that.

Your class info section is basically pointless, we were asking about your knowledge of the class. Even though you might be playing it for years, your gearing priority, rotation, talent choices etc. change each expansion. You took break from raiding for many years as you said yourself, so this is of an additional importance.

You haven't linked your armories as we asked, it wasn't hard to find them though. Your gear is inadequate for mythic raiding (not enough even for HC), being in ilvl 660 gear. I'm not sure how long it would take us to gear you up, but it's a possibility.

No raiding experience in last three expansions also doesn't show much promise and it's a pretty bold idea to go right into the most challenging difficulty from the get-go. I don't know what difficulty you raided on in WotLK and what was your progression like (which I'd like to know), but average difficulty of encounter has increased over the years.

Addons are a requirement for many of the harder bosses and proper UI setup does wonders when it comes to making progress faster. Properly setup standard UI with some additional functionality is sufficient, but if your only addon is DBM I don't think that goal can be achieved.

Overall, if you are really willing to commit to mythic raiding with us, we'll need to know way more. This application barely qualifies for one man app and it's missing almost all the crucial information.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:49 pm  

christ, all over again, i was typing for quite a while and accidently hit the wrong button which deleted the entire text... oh well here we go again.

right... Hi and thanks for the quick response, I should pehaps just make this application for my self then, as the lady went on vacation today with her family. so she will be able to speak herself when she is back.

Communication: I understand the problem, and it can be done of course, we will either purchase a mic for her or dig out her old headset which i remembered while typing before she actually have.

Class info: yeah okay i messed that up alot, I have been playing combat rogue since vanilla, always, i have some nice oldschool lvl 56ish screenshots ;) and my knowledge of the class is quite good, I have always checked up on guides and sites for help with talents, like Noxxus's site, or Icy veins. Rotation and gearing I am not entirely sure what your after there, you wish to know what buttons im pressing as in Sinister strike and SnD and such? and gear wise, well currently I admit I havnt bothered much about the stats as lfr dont really care, but with that said I take raiding with guilds and friends quite serious, and would of course never be careface showing up ungemmed and unenchanted with messy gear. nor without food and pots.

Raiding: I never said i took a break from raiding, I only said I hadnt raided as serious buisness since wotlk, I have still raided places like Twilight Bastion, Dragon Soul and even Siege of Oggrimar and such, it have more or less just been with Pugs usually rather than a guild of friends. and old school we cleared it all, I actually have a few old shots all from my first lucifron kill to my first LK kill. if you want to see a few of those ;).

Armory, wups, I thought I did it right hehe sorry. Yes currently my gear is not higher than 660ish but I am working hardly on it each day so I will of course do all I can to do the work myself rather than letting guildies carry me.

Addons: Yes pehaps I used the words wrong, I of course know addons are a requirement, in the old days we used everything from DBM, Recount, threatmeter even skull marker addons, as an officer I had quite alot. but again admitted doing lfr makes you lazy and I havnt bothered updating alot of them, but I know of which to use and I would obvious not commit myself to a guild without propper setup.

I hope this helps alittle more :) else ask and I will see what I can do.

Mornel -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:11 am  

Site Admin

Hey again and sorry for late reply, I went to a short vacation and only just came back.

Yes, I'd like to see some overview of how you play your classes rotation wise. Other option would be providing Warcraftlogs from any of your Normal of even LFR Hellfire Citadel runs.

Same goes for stats - we need to see that you have researched your class.

I assume LK you are talking about is HC?

I'd still like to see screenshot of your UIs - be it for addons, keybinds etc.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:32 pm  

Hey, no worries, ill get your requests done asap, currently ive just installed and became member of Warcraft logs, but alas because i just did it now it have not recorded from my last hellfire run. which is prolly for the best, as it was first time i was there.. it wasnt pretty ;).

as for the rest ill get it done asap.

and by the way, it kinda struck me, you guys seem quite hardcore, is that what you are? skilled elite hardcore raiders. as it made me think if I am even suited to be part of it dispite im working hard for all this. both here on the forum and ingame. (eg item lvl is now 677 since last we spoke).

Visit to hellfire... and why it didnt go well... Shadowstepped through the world...

Standard picture of UI

addons installed currently.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:10 pm  

I wouldn't say we're particularly hardcore, there's just the initial "barrier of entry" in the form of having to learn the ins and outs of your spec/class. This is generally not as hard to do as it might sound and, with the help of the right resources (guides, forums, logs etc.) can be done in a fairly short amount of time.

As for the skilled and elite part I'm just gonna refer you to our guild name ;)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:00 pm  

Site Admin

Hey again!

I'm not sure what exact term you could use to describe our guild, we just want our players to do all they can to perform so that we don't have to waste unnecessary time during raid nights since a lot of raiders have tight IRL schedules as it is and wasting hour here and there teaching people how to handle certain aspects of their classes is unacceptable for them.

Right now, the issue I see with the screenshots (and the main reason we usually want to see them) are your keybinds, or more specifically lack of them. I see that you have your main rotational abilites bound, but stuff like Vanish, Evasion, Cloak and Kick have as high as priority as Sinister, if not higher since you need to use them with precision.

This is a pretty major issue. It can obviously be fixed over time and I don't mind seeing you guys perform in one of our HC runs, but you should assign keybinds to all your important spells and start using them.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:05 pm  

ooh i actually forgot to post those, I do have them, but not showing. ill fix that right away.

and yes reason i was asking is not to be offensive and point fingers like some do, more because I of course want to find a place with a nice bunch of people who also respects real life and so on rather than just braindead raiding 24/7. so suddenly it had me wondering :)

anyhoo back to the topic, ill get an update right away.

edit:

oh i saw the problem my update of Zperl had actually erased them, only thing i had left was my kick script <.< sorry.

the only one i had abit of problems with was ToT script but i got it working.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:52 pm  

Site Admin

Alright,

I think you still need to keybind few other spells (Arcane Torrent, Smoke Bomb) but otherwise it seems fine. Not sure what's the deal with your wife since I haven't seen any info from/about her UI or how she plays the class.

Either way, I'd like to offer you a spot in our Heroic run on Wednesday to see how you guys fare. We are starting 19:50 server time, so please whisper Agent-Thunderhorn or Laotse-Wildhammer to get an invite. Please also make sure to install Teamspeak 3 beforehand and test your microphone (would like to hear you talk), we will give you server information in the raid.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:30 pm  

She is on vacation :)