[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - Kelmain - Arms Warrior

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 pm

Post subject: Kelmain - Arms Warrior
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 am  

Greetings ladies and gentlemens!

I would like to ask you kindly to consider my application to your guild. Please note that english is not my native language but i will do my best.

Character name: Kelmain (this is the name which i used in past and which can be familiar to some of your guild members) - My character is on other realm so during transfer i will have to change the char. name.

Character class: Warrior

Professions: Blacksmithing + mining

Talent specs: I'm always playing the spec which allows me to maximalize my performance on raid. Currently it is Arms + Fury. But at the beginning of Hellfire Citadel progress i played Gladiator (before i get 4p T18). I also have to offtank for my guild so i have some tanking experience mostly from BRF HC. I can play any warrior spec.

Respeccing: I'm respecing often based on current warrior status. I started Highmaul as gladiator, then switch to fury, when we start mythic twin ogron progress i played Arms then back to fury which i play through the whole BRF content with protection offspec. I also played Blood DK for some time during mythic BRF progress.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... a/advanced
I have average 708ilvl. Unfortunatelly for me is currently the biggest problem that i don't have a better weapon, only crafted 705. I also have to change some of my enchants from crit to mastery (also from crit gem to mastery gem).

Class Info: I played warrior since WoD (boosted character). At the beginnig the choice was mostly based on our planned raid composition but i always liked warrior, especially how they look like with their titan's grip. I really enjoyed playing the Gladiator spec, it was fun to do dmg with shield. Good idea from blizzard. Fury was little bit boring for me but Arms is great i love our execute phase but at the end for me the most important thing is to be competetive to other DPS so i always choose what is best. If i take Arms as my current spec (it would be very long if i should talk here about every spec i palyed).

Stat priority: Weapon dmg + str > Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > Haste/Versa
General rotation: charge + CDs, apply rend to as many targets as possible, hit Col. Smash, spam Mortal Strike. The important thing is to line up CDs correctly but this is strongly based on Boss and his mechanics so i would skip this.
For talents im usually using combination Anger Management + Bloodbath, Dragon Roar or Shockwave (for Xulhorac), Sudden Death (for single target) or Thirst for blood (for multitarget). Sometimes i switch from AM + BB to Avatar + Ravager (for example on Archimonde becouse i switch often to adds so BB was waste or i have to wait with CD, this combination is better according to my experience).

Raid experience and guild history: I play WoW since vanilla but some serious raiding comes with Wrath of Lich King datadisk. I was in guild "Ožralové" on server Thunderhorn. We were in close touch with guild "Chrocht" where i moved into after some time. I cleared Naxx as feral tank, then Ulduar where i played Resto (for 25 man)/Feral tank(for 10man). ToC cleared as Balance. I started Icecrown Citadel progress as frost/unholy DK and finished it as feral DPS. With Cataclysm i switched permanently to Unholy DK. At pandaria after we cleared Moshugan Vaults i stop playing WoW for some time (break). I returned at the end of the datadisk with some friends and i make my lvl 90 warrior on server Drakthul where i joined the guild Saviors (where i'm until now). I cleared Highmaul My 6/7, BRF MY 6/10 (i played DK some time so i dont have so many kills on warrior) and now we have 12/13 HC at HFC.

Logs of your recent performances: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/17177
Here you can find all my logs. It would be probably best if you look tomorrow when we will have our HC cleared, or for some older logs.

When can you play: We are currently raiding at the same days as you, so for me it is not problem. I have close to 100% attendance.

I'm online every day at afternoon (if im not playing WoW im playing other games). Always online on some TS. I have access to Chrocht TS so if you want to ask me some question mic to mic just tell Agent to send me a message when and i come.

Where are you from: Czech Republic (Jihlava)

Communication is not a problem. I also have stable internet connection and PC which handle 30persons on Manoroth with no lags.

About you: I work as IT (prgrammer, database engineer) and i play a lot of computer games :) I love RPG/Strategy games. There is not much time i'm not at my computer but when i'm somewhere else it is usually with my GF (6 years together) on bicycle or in pool. I'm big fan of fantasy (books, card games (mtg), board games). Warhammer universe is one of my favorites, but of course after WoW.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I'm not currently "happy" in my guild. Thats why i start looking for some new place. I have here some old friends from times when i most enjoy playing wow so i check your logs if somebody with my level of skill is even able to get in your guild without being a burden and i find out that it could be so i say myself "give it a try".

UI and keybinds: Nothing special here. I use g600 moue so some keybinds is used for mouse. Other then that i use some macros, mostly for pull (charge + CDs + trinkets) or for Sweeping strikes etc. For addons ElvUI, ExtraCD (for trinket + ring proc), WeakAuras for CD monitoring, rotation help and many other things, DBM etc.
UI: http://i.imgur.com/nFDIIOF.jpg

Anything else: As i mensioned im currently playing on different realm. I already talk about this with Agent. It would be nice if we could arrange some test raid so you can see if you really want me before i transfer. Other then that i think there is no problem. Feel free to ask about anything you like to know. If you want to speak with me Agent have contact on me or tell me when and i come to Chrocht TS.

Thank you for your consideration and have a nice day.

Post subject: Re: Kelmain - Arms Warrior
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:23 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Kelmain and thanks for applying!

I've read through your application two times now and I'm struggling to find any issues worth mentioning. Overall, not only is it really well written, it also gives me pretty significant confidence in you.

Only small problem I've found are your enchants - half crit, half mastery. Is that because of your often spec switching?

Either way, I'm personally more than willing to have you come to one of our heroic runs which happen on Wednesday. I'm not sure if that's viable with your current raid schedule though.

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Kelmain - Arms Warrior
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 pm  

Hi Cynique,

thank you very much, i'm really glad for your positive response.

To my enchants and gems. I want to switch everything from crit to mastery (becouse on lower ilvl my top stat was crit but now i get to the point where mastery is more important for me). I have everything prepared in my inventory (materials and gems) but i just didn't get to the point where i change it. Yesterday i log in just to send some missions. I will finish it today at afternoon so it will be ok. I could send you a new armory link after i done it.