[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Undeadavkari

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:19 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [approved] Undeadavkari
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 pm  

Character name: Undeadavkari
Character class: Warrior (Prot)
Character level: 80
Played time: 115 days 3 years in total

Character professions + their skill level:Blacksmith+ Mining Maxed ( Have ToC recipes)
Character talent spec and gear level: 232+
Willing to respec if needed?: sure im duel specced with a strong dps set anyway :D

Raid experience: vanila and tbc, less in wotlk due to demands of university, check armory for achievs
When can you play: Most Evenings

Where are you from: Uk
About you:Im a thinker, im a Psychologist in training who loves the psychology of technology use and Games. Im a Nice guy who always thinks of other over myself hence my gear not being as strong as i like it to be, i have given away many epics to strengthen other tanks over myself that i have won on rolls but decided the other tank needs more.I waste too much time thinking about things there are no answers to as well. Im useless at writing about myself u will need to find out what im like yourselves :D I also have an Unholy/ Frost Lvl 80 DK with ok gear that someone will have to teach me how to use i cant dps on it i suck :)

Ingame goals: To be awesome and i dont mean in gear, i mean as a person :) And to have fun and do silly things while online questing, things i will chuckle about for years to come. But focus and beat down raid bosses when the time comes :D

Post subject: Re: Undeadavkari
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 pm  

ohh, great tank here, if i can say im for him, but why u have only few epic gems

feed me!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm  

Im in the process of replacing them all, i used to get new items quickly so i gemmed blue gems to save money, now i have a full DPS set i can do dailies and get gold to get epic gems :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm  

I remember being a guild with him yeeaars ago..Corruption maybe? Either way, I remember him as a nice guy and a good player, strange to see you're still passing gear to other tanks, I seem to remember you suffering a lot with guild hoppers from that little habit ^^

Reivan

"Grant me the strength to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm  

Yeah i viewed tanking as a partnership of 2 tanks, and sharing gear to make the other tank stronger to help the guild progress is what i did and still do :D, I finally found a tanking partner a pala called Neephy and we shared gear when raiding Gruuls+ so my strategy worked in the end after numerous disapointing and frustrating events.

Guild over self always :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:32 pm  

Officer

Nice so now we know something bout you, not only from app. So far i like what i see.
I have honor to be first officer speaking here, rest is spam, dont look on that ;P

First: hallo :D
Gems: you know what to do, current state is not acceptable ;) we have few jc's in guild so it should be a bit chaper then AH.
Enchants: missing on cloak, maybe change on weapon?(here you can use my service, ofc i need mats^^) im not sure shoulders but i think pvp enchant sometimes is better for tanks? Dag ;>? <poke Dag in the eye>

We probably want to test you in some basic raids.
/for

Kill mutant!
Burn Heretic!
Purge the unclean!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 am  

Site Admin

Hello,
thanks for your application, I like it, I like your attitude, especially the tank partnership bits, because that helps a guild progress and also says something about your patience I think ;). Also I can see that Sae and Reivan put in a good word for you, which is a good thing as well ^^.
About spec and gear:
You should spec out of and - these two talents are pretty redundant (Safeguard is OP for PvP, but of very limited use in raids, and you kinda never run into rage problems in raids either (which is the reason for picking up Puncture).

You SHOULD put the free points into (the silences are very nice, even though the main reason is the 10% bonus to Shield Slam damage). Any remaining points can be spent for example in or , or you can play with your build a bit more to spec into for extra threat and a DPS boost.

This is all just my take on things but most tanks would probably agree about the redundancy of Safeguard and Puncture; however if you think your current build suits you the best and that these points are well-spent, you can keep it like that \o/.

Your Fury spec looks weird, like PvP-ish, but you should probably PvP as Arms anyway :P.
The main points of interest here are the lack of (a must-have for any PvE Fury warrior!) and . Again, if it fits your playstyle and you intend to use Fury for PvP, feel free to leave it the way it is.

The same applies for your glyphs. Some of them should probably be replaced for efficiency purposes, but I think we can always talk about that in-game if you decide to switch them a bit.

Gear needs a bit of love as well, especially the gems and enchants (by the way, don't gem Strength as a tank, Weapon Chain on a tanking weapon = wrong, you need Mongoose/Blood Draining/(Blade Ward) unless you expect to get Rimefang's Claw replaced quickly (which isn't really possible at all without ICC or TotGC drops ;)).

Also, may I ask about your normal tanking rotation? Yes, I know it's not a rotation but a priority system :P.

All in all I'm /for and looking forward to your reply ;).

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 am  

My rotation i cant explain it because it changes depending on mob/boss, i try to use shield slam as much as i can , I like using cleave and timing the swing with a Thunderclap to gain more aggro, i always sunder to 3 minimum. I save shockwave for just after a Shield block ends. hehe i guess i have learnt it with experience and cant explain it, i just do it :D

I have been thinking of switching my double sunder glyph to one more target with cleave. I need to edit my spec as i haent changed it since i hit 80 :)

My dps spec is a mess and the gear is terrible but its mainly for a bit of everything dailies, odd bit of pve and pvp :) that needs sorting

I changed a few gems before but im out of gold now :P back to getting some. my weapon need an enchant that one wasnt intention itwas more of a temporary measure that became permenant due to lack of gold :)

I needed the strength in my tank set for the red gem bonus for my meta slot so i need to keep just one unless theres a beter red gem out there :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:50 am  

Changed my fury spec its so much easier to maintain high levels of damage :D just the gems on my gear to sort for dps

Tank spec edited seems to work better now :) bought loads of epic gems and hp has increased :) and the spec change has increased my parry which is helpful in icc where dodge has been nerfed so much. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:09 am  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next