[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Harrydottér Application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Harrydottér Application
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 am  

Character name: Harrydottér
Character class: Warlock
Character level: 80
Played time: 15 Days, 4 Hours

Character professions + their skill level: In progress on 450 with herbalism and alchemy.
Character talent spec and gear level: Armory Link would be nice
Willing to respec if needed?: Yes, If it helps.
Class information: I have not been playing world of warcraft for long and am looking to improve my skill in my class. I have been learning of some of my friends and other players of how to play my class with more skill.
Raid experience: I have only done voa but am always looking to do more. I am a very good learner and am keen to learn from others. I take criticism very well and will learn from my mistakes.
Guild history: I have not been in any guilds except for one that my friends set up. If I were to get in then it would be the first proper guild I have been in.
Where are you from: England
About you: I started world of warcraft about 6 months ago and have learn how to play by other players in heroics and dungeons. I would love to learn more about raiding/PvP. I expect a guild which enjoys raiding and will be helpful if it is needed. As I said before I take criticism very well and would like to learn more about my class and how to play better and more efficiently. I am a great person to play with as I am very friendly and enjoy to have a laugh with others.
Anything else: I will be free to raid on most nights from 20:00 – 23:00 and always free at the weekend. I hope you consider me as a candidate and hope to hear from you soon.

Post subject: Re: Harrydottér Application
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 pm  

Officer

Well, hello there.

First of all, your application misses the most important thing: The Armory link.

Second, application is too short for my tastes but the thing to your advantage is that it is written in a simple language which makes me safely assume you are not a retard, you show intellegence.

Third, now back to negative thinking: The point when writing an application to any guild or even to a real life job is to try and impress the party you are addressing. Whether you are experienced or not is another story, with experience of course being an advantage, however even none-experienced players such as yourself can have qualitites that might impress others. Unfortunately, your application didn't impress me personally. Nothing personal but it is purely for the above written reasons.

I personally would have to vote /no, sorry. Good luck with other members responses. Perhaps if you provide us something to go on with others might (or might not, the possibility is always still there) consider you.

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

Last edited by Kalec on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:39 pm  

Sorry about the url link. I was at college before. I thank you for the constructive criticism and will use it for when i apply for other guilds. I would just like for you too take me into considerstion as a starter if you will.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ott%C3%A9r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:59 pm  

Officer

Hallo Sir. Sorry, but this is not going to happen. Now, why:

Not a single enchant, missing gems, you never been in raid oO? Application is way to short. Alchemy 45, Herbalism 110(its not "in progress" my 10 lvl alts have better progress :)) Ow and for me, you are to young. Yup as usual i suspect parents enrage when you are going to be in the middle of the raid. Also loot rage when you are not going to win that shiny item you rolled for. Blame other youngling for that, they ruined young ones reputation.
Constructive, you say, thats basics, if you apply to the guild you need to be prepared that we are going to check as much as we can to be sure you are the person we want to have inside. You dont ask bout "social" spot, so that means you want to raid with us. Not with that gear. Not with that application. And when i complain bout gear im not speaking bout blue ones, everyone of us had them. I complain bout not beeing able to have a single enchant/ or not beeing able to explain why i dont have a single enchant/why i have blues what i expect from the guild, how can i help guild etc ;)

There are hundreds of guilds on this server. Good luck in one of them. Here, for this day its solid /no

Kill mutant!
Burn Heretic!
Purge the unclean!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 am  

Site Admin

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:09 am  

Officer

Kill mutant!
Burn Heretic!
Purge the unclean!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 pm  

Officer

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:32 pm  

Officer

Kill mutant!
Burn Heretic!
Purge the unclean!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]